Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gamepack sale?

ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
Do gamepacks usually go 50% off instead of 25% around Thanksgiving? Currently they are 25% off, and I want to get spa day (aka the nails) and parenthood, but I don’t know whether I should wait another week and see if they go lower.
ZjzmtTb.jpg

Comments

• mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    They go 50% off sometimes, but it seems kind of random and usually just a couple of packs will go. Not worth the wait in my opinion if the pack is something you really want.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    OP I an waiting for a 50% sale to hopefully get the dream home decorator pack. I’m hoping I can buy it with the USA Black Friday sales.
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    Black Friday sales are on now until Nov.30
    Cottage living is marked down 38% but game packs only 20%.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,949 Member
    edited November 2021
    I think they go 50% off quite often

but tbh i think its more often spring sales

In my opinion its definitely worth the wait and save up tho cause i myself got majority of gps 50% off and you can get more thingies for same moneys
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I'm waiting for the winter/christmas sale. I hope it will be better :smile:
  • GreylingGreyling Posts: 163 Member
    mannanna wrote: »
    Black Friday sales are on now until Nov.30
    Cottage living is marked down 38% but game packs only 20%.
    On Origin Dream Home Decorator and Spa Day are 20% off, the other game packs are 25% :)
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I think they go 50% off quite often

but tbh i think its more often spring sales

In my opinion its definitely worth the wait and save up tho cause i myself got majority of gps 50% off and you can get more thingies for same moneys

I think GPs used to go 50% more often, but now it's rarer. I also got many of mine 50% off.
  • EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    edited November 2021
    In the past, GPs & SPs would go on sale for 50% off a couple times a year. However, this year the Origin sales have been disappointing, with GPs & SPs only being discounted at 20% or 25%. The last really good Origin sale was last year's Summer Sale when all packs (except Eco Lifestyle) were 50% off. That was the last sale where all GPs were 50% off. Last year, in addition to the Summer Sale, SPs were also discounted at 50% off during the Black Friday & Winter Sales.

I don't know if GPs & SPs will ever have another 50% off sale on Origin, but EA will not get any more GP or SP purchases from me unless & until they do.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    edited November 2021
    I’m also waiting for a 50% off sale for Dream Home Decorator. I won’t use the “gameplay” and I’m in no hurry.
  • AndrielAndriel Posts: 25 Member
    I put together a spreadsheet of prices for the currently available Sims 4 products (sale lasts till 11/30). The web address is below (I'm not quite where I can post photos just yet).
    There are a few Game Packs I wasn't able to find the sale price for because I already own them and the sale pricing isn't fully standardized as it seems to be with the other packs.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/pejfBDwHKWZ143Jt6
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,949 Member
    edited November 2021
    I don't know if GPs & SPs will ever have another 50% off sale on Origin, but EA will not get any more GP or SP purchases from me unless & until they do.

Same on SPs

I'm waiting for 50% off
    to catch multiple at same time

and batuu is under those for my need list anyway so i don't think i'll get it anytime soon even if it gets 50% off

new releases...
    depends how much I want them tbh
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I wonder if they don't want to give 50% off sale that much anymore, because they are going to make pack refreshes and then the packs probably sell even at full price.

I also have a couple of SPs on my buy list, but I won't get them if they aren't 50% off.
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    haisin wrote: »
    I wonder if they don't want to give 50% off sale that much anymore, because they are going to make pack refreshes and then the packs probably sell even at full price.

I also have a couple of SPs on my buy list, but I won't get them if they aren't 50% off.

Well, at least expansions go 50% off frequently. I went ahead and got me spa day and parenthood yesterday. I LOVE the nails.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    Disappointed in the sale. Was really hoping to get DHD, Cottage Living, and Paranormal at 50% off. Sigh.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    A majority of the packs I bought were on sale at 50% or more. But then, I wait until packs are at a price I view as worth my money.
  • PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    In the past, GPs & SPs would go on sale for 50% off a couple times a year. However, this year the Origin sales have been disappointing, with GPs & SPs only being discounted at 20% or 25%. The last really good Origin sale was last year's Summer Sale when all packs (except Eco Lifestyle) were 50% off. That was the last sale where all GPs were 50% off. Last year, in addition to the Summer Sale, SPs were also discounted at 50% off during the Black Friday & Winter Sales.

Very disappointing. Snowy Escape that was released in November got a 50% Sale only after 1 Month. And now we are here, after 4 Months and Cottage Living is still not 50% off. I guess it sells well, but still...

I fear we wont see 50% Sales on Gameplay and Stuff Packs because of the introduction of kits. I mean it would be wierd to have a 4.99 Stuff pack next to a 4.99 Kit

And since i dont think Kits will ever be on a sale or at least not in the next two years we have to deal with the 25% or 20% in GP and SPs
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    PreCiious wrote: »
    Very disappointing. Snowy Escape that was released in November got a 50% Sale only after 1 Month. And now we are here, after 4 Months and Cottage Living is still not 50% off. I guess it sells well, but still...

Actually I have the impression it depends on the time of the year in which the EP was released. I managed to get several EP November releases (get famous, university and snowy escape) for 50% off on origin around Christmas, so less than 2 months. June releases often take nearly half a year to get a 50% discount. I had to wait until November or December to get island living and eco lifestyle at 50% on origin.