Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Steam was acting weird

Hey, all!

Long time no see! My bad. My mobile data stopped being able to load the forum for some reason and I fell out of the habit of checking in. I actually haven't played Sims 4 in a while, since September 28 according to Steam.

This is me stopping in to say hi and also share something strange that went on with Steam yesterday.

I went to update Sims 4, but after several minutes I noticed that it was taking waaay longer than usual to make any progress. So I checked the download speed and it said 40 B/s. Not KB, not MB, B. The estimated download time was over a year.

I tried pausing the download, restarting Steam, and restarting my laptop, but it only got worse, not downloading an faster than 5 B/s. Finally, I just gave up and uninstalled Sims 4, because I had another, much smaller game that I wanted to install and Sims was getting in the way of things (it refused to pause at this point).

That other game managed to download at 9 MB/s. I thought my mysteriously slow installation issue was over.

Then I went to reinstall Sims 4 and it was super duper ridiculously slow again. I was just gobsmacked. I still am. I cancelled the download and went home.

Now, I'm back at wi-fi land, installing Sims 4 again, and it's downloading at a normal speed, thank goodness. It's about 57% percent done with an estimated time remaining of 15 minutes. When that's done, I gotta go make sure my mods aren't broken, but I haven't really done that before so here's to hoping I know what I'm doing.

I wonder how much CC came out in the last couple months. 🤔 Time to check Tumblr.

Comments

• LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    It's happening again 😣
  • CaitxcatCaitxcat Posts: 680 Member
    Huh I didn't even know you could download sims 4 from Steam I thought this iteration they were gping exclusively origin.