Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Converting Vacation Worlds To Livable Worlds Y/N?

Comments

• HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Keep them as destination vacation worlds.
    Thought of this option until I remembered how I wished one of my sims could live in Selvadorada.

Destination worlds are cool, but having the option to live in them is even cooler.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,849 Member
    All I really want is a retail lot in Granite Falls so I can play Gravity Falls there. We want the Mystery Shack!
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited November 2021
    Make then into full time livable worlds.
    My Sims don't vacation, but I love having them live in lovely places. So Zerbu's mod is a must have for me. Having Ron Swanson live in Granite Falls, and my piranha man and my llama woman live in Selvadorada, make me really happy!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Yep, I really want vacation worlds to be liveable! Part of the reason why I dislike getting vacation worlds so much, is because we're not able to permanently move sims there like any other residential world.

When Snowy Escape came out and they updated the rental lot, I was hopeful that we'd soon be able to change the lot types in vacation worlds too, but it's been radio silence on that for a while now. Still, I hope the feature will be implemented at some point. I mean, if modders can do it, then clearly it's possible for the developers to do it.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    I want even more destination vacation worlds, I can
    I really love destination worlds, and I wish we could get another one. I treat Sulani and Mt. Komorebi as destination worlds. While I have a couple of NPCs that live there, I only ever travel to Sulani and Mt. Komorebi if I'm on vacation. I try to put fun venues there to visit while on vacation, like a restaurant with local foods or a luxury spa. If I ever do have a sim live in Sulani or Mt. Komorebi, they can't travel to visit family or friends often and have to stay in their world unless they are "on vacation".

My sims do vacation a lot. Sometimes, it's a trip to Mt. Komorebi for Winterfest or a weekend getaway at the beaches in Sulani for Summer. Or even taking a vacation to Sulani for a honeymoon. Other times, maybe a camping trip to Granite Falls with cellphones off. With Selvadorada having its own skill, Selvadoradian Culture, I love having sims that have ties to Selvadorada. It's especially fun with mods like Language Barriers that adds a language for Selvadorada (and Sulani and Mt. Komorebi).

I just feel like keeping the worlds as exclusive destination worlds make them feel more special when sims do vacation. On the other hand, I do really love Selvadorada and I wish we had a liveable Latin American inspired world.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Sims 4 is already so open ended with how the game operates and functions, why not go the extra mile?
  • johnjetjohnjet Posts: 101 Member
    I use a mod that makes my Destination Worlds livable, only because I've been playing one save for 27 Generations now and with all the kids, their kids, townies etc, there is a housing crisis, so I needed more land.
    But even that unfortunately is not enough to help. There are 12 Sims, pretty much living in one household, even the 20x15 lots. :'(
    Even making the birth rate 1% for the last 2 generations hasn't really helped. And the faster I cull the random townies, the quicker they spawn back.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I would love to have the vacation worlds livable. I don't play right now but if I did and the worlds were livable, I would move Sims in. Granite Falls would be my first choice in Outdoor Retreat.
  • ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    Keep them as destination vacation worlds.
    Honestly, I feel that Granite Falls and El Selvadorada would be undermined if they were made residential, both in terms of difficulty and theme. Both are supposed to be rural, out of the way places separated from modern suburban civilization, you shouldn't be able to quickly pop over to a San Myshuno Day Spa because you got swarmed by bugs, then pop back, or attend your daily job at the office, it's supposed to be Jungle Adventure, not Sunday Morning Constitutional in the Botanical Gardens. They are supposed to give you the feeling that you are alone, hours from help, Nancy Landgraab nowhere in site. You shouldn't be able to have your suburban American lifestyle in these places.

Then we have difficulty: having a defined timeframe in order to accomplish stuff, especially archeology which is already literally the most lucrative money source in game, and would be made even easier if you could just pop over for a couple of hours and return without any cost or penalty, and be back before you need to go to work.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I would love more vacation worlds. It would just be nice to customize more and make your own worlds.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I don't want them to change anything in the worlds - keep them as worlds with rental lots only - but allow players to change the lot type to any residential type. Granite Falls is one of my favourite worlds, and I've had Sims 'living' there more than once. It's so peaceful. I set my season length to a month and settle in my Sims for a long winter.

You can't have kids or teens, however, because they can't go to school, or have a career. I think you can now edit the lots without quitting the 'vacation', so that's helpful, at least.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • LyssandriLyssandri Posts: 33 Member
    > @Catzilla said:
    > Converting Vacation Worlds To Livable Worlds, would you like them made into full-time livable worlds or do you like them better as vacation destination worlds?
    >
    > Part two: Have you used the vacation worlds as full-time livable worlds? How do you play it?
    >
    > ***ETA: I accidentally hit post before I'd finished the poll, Need full edit on polls, please.

I like the vacation worlds, but it would be SO cool to be able to live there - like Sulani or the Snowy Escape world (I just got it so I don't remember it's name yet.) They'd need to add several more lots to the vacation worlds, though, to make them big enough to develop a community there...
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    One thing that concerns me about the vacation worlds is that kids and teens get penalised forbreaking curfew even on the lot they are staying at - I hope that gets fixed, regardless of whether the worlds become open to permanent residence.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I would like an option to make them a livable world like how lots have option to be different types. At least give us the option in vacation world lots to make it residential or not at the minimum.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I don't want them to change anything in the worlds - keep them as worlds with rental lots only - but allow players to change the lot type to any residential type. Granite Falls is one of my favourite worlds, and I've had Sims 'living' there more than once. It's so peaceful. I set my season length to a month and settle in my Sims for a long winter.

You can't have kids or teens, however, because they can't go to school, or have a career. I think you can now edit the lots without quitting the 'vacation', so that's helpful, at least.

Correcting myself - no, you can't edit the lot while on vacation.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    For me it is all about options. :) If you want to live in one you should be able to and if you don't you have the choice not to.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • franka44021franka44021 Posts: 125 Member
    It would be nice to be able to make a Sim based on the culture and ethnicity of the vacation worlds. I think I would love that.
  • ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 369 Member
    Would love that the next pack included a destination world as I use Zerbu's mode to make all worlds residential
    But since there are console players who can't use mods would love that you make it an option for all worlds be either destination or residential or certain lots in each world be a destination lot that way almost everyone is happy of course you will get your haters but then every game has them
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    I want a more finesse solution, I would like to be able to choose lot-by -lot whether the lot is being used as residential or vacation. I would also for every vacation lot be able to say if it’s publicly available and then if my Sim for example lived in Granite Falls maybe families would rent the other cabins and I would be fine with that or I could set it to private and my son could be all alone in the forest. I would also like my Sims to be able to own multiple lots and have some thing like the randomness of Plopsy if a family rents our vacation property when it’s available and also I would like to be able to set it to private because our family is going there.
  • LyssandriLyssandri Posts: 33 Member
    Would love that the next pack included a destination world as I use Zerbu's mode to make all worlds residential
    But since there are console players who can't use mods would love that you make it an option for all worlds be either destination or residential or certain lots in each world be a destination lot that way almost everyone is happy of course you will get your haters but then every game has them

There's a mod that lets you make destination worlds residential? Can I get the name of or or a link to the mod? Thanks!!
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    More worlds and more free lots is always welcomed lol.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Neither, I want to be able to choose
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Lyssandri wrote: »

There's a mod that lets you make destination worlds residential? Can I get the name of or or a link to the mod? Thanks!!

I use this mod too. It's fantastic!
    https://zerbu.tumblr.com/post/173398784785/the-sims-4-mod-all-worlds-are-residential

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    Lots of discussion of Granite Falls and Selvadorada, but not much of Batuu, which is where my sims vacation most frequently.
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,109 Member
    Yeah, I'd love to be able to live in those worlds too. I love options! As others have said, we can make rental lots in any world anyway, so why the restriction?