Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many hours do you let your sim stay awake?

Simmingal gave me a idea in her comment on bed strengths. She said she places a bed based on the room or decor I believe. But if you are like me (I hope), you know that a sim averages 12 hours of green energy before the bar turns yellow. That's roughly when I send my sim to bed. I also grow my own produce, so my garden blooms about 5:30am everyday. I work the Business Career Path and have to be at work at 8am. So I try to get a bed that lets me go to bed when my sim tires around 10pm and gets me up around 6am to get ready for work (eating, bladder, and getting in the right emotion for work by pondering chess moves). I had to hire a gardener (no time to research reports and garden), and a maid (no time to clean the house). And That's a whole day if you count the daily work tasks to be done after work. That's why I asked the bed strength question. But everybody doesn't play the same as I do. Which leads to another question later on. But How many hours do you let your sim stay awake in a day? Hmmm!!!

Comments

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    If they have the Hardly Sleepy trait then 24 hours. However, I do have a few sims that have the Never Wear trait, so for them they're always awake.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    It’s gets down to the red, usually my Sims get 6-7 hours of sleep waking at 5-6am-going to sleep around 10-11 pm
    Does depend on what they do for a living and their lifestyles
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    'Til they almost pass out.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    'Til they almost pass out.

same.
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I try to get them in bed before energy falls below amber. They aren't going to do their best at anything when they are exhausted. I may push them into orange, if I really need something finished, though.
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    i use cheats to keep their needs up, so they dont sleep too much.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,547 Member
    I have a confession to make. I use the cheat Make Happy. All. of. the. Time. Once in awhile, I'll send my Global Superstar Rock Star to bed for some real zzz's. But, mostly I just cheat 'em all up. :*
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    I used the no-needs-decay perks (just 35,000 points for the complete set! Collect 'em all!) and Never Weary is the first one they get (followed by Forever Full, Steel Bladder, Needs No One, and Forever Fresh, in that order.)

So they're awake every minute of their lives from that point onward. Before that point, they go until they get the uncomfortable moodlet, then I put 'em to bed.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • auricio288auricio288 Posts: 149 Member
    There is a mod from LittleMsSam's called "Sleep All Night" that prevents Sims from waking up because their Energy need is full.
    Zvt4d0O.gif
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,872 Member
    I don't think I've ever had a sim wake up before 6am unless a pet or something awakens them? Even if the energy bar is all the way full they stay asleep till 6 exactly.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    A lot of times they'll stay up all night thanks to the UI cheats mod.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Ideally, about three hours - I improve the bed and get the seldom weary trait, but I like to keep my Sims on a regular schedule. I think I'd get very stressed if my Sim days all ran together. They're still in the green when I send them to bed, but that's okay. (It's also helpful to keep the parent on a schedule when there is a toddler or child, since they do need to sleep longer, and I don't want the parent hitting the wall with her energy in the red when the toddler needs to be fed, pottied and put to bed.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,861 Member

Haha my sims also. 😄
  • DerekanthonyDerekanthony Posts: 8 New Member
    I have my sims stay up a whole weekend usually, If their needs get low I use the make happy option in mcc to raise their needs
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

Haha my sims also. 😄

Well it's not my fault they forgot to get to level 7 of the painting career, their bills are $2000 and their household income is 50...
  • Darstep0301Darstep0301 Posts: 745 Member

Haha my sims also. 😄

Well it's not my fault they forgot to get to level 7 of the painting career, their bills are $2000 and their household income is 50...

I NEVER EVER use a cheat in my game.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    I don’t use the sleep traits in my game, or cheat up emotions, but some sims are awake earlier than others because their bed is a higher level. Sometimes my sims will stay up late and wake up late, it depends on how they earn their money.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,861 Member

I've been using mods and cheats since 2000. 😄

I've been using mods and cheats since 2000. 😄

Realism =time=simulation
  • LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    My main Sim never sleeps. He's a vampire and hardly spends his vampire energy.
    LJK wrote: »
    My main Sim never sleeps. He's a vampire and hardly spends his vampire energy.

No realism for you I guess.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    If my sims are Ghosts then forever. Otherwise, about every other day.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I generally have my Sims go to bed between 10pm and 2am. I like them to be asleep by 2am because that's when I usually rotate to another household. I have them go to sleep when they're a little sleepy but not exhausted. I like my Sims happy. :)
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • CarvedCrayonRosesCarvedCrayonRoses Posts: 17 Member
    Until they pass out 😂
  • ancaaaaaaaaancaaaaaaaa Posts: 26 Member
    As much as possible. They wake up around 5-6am and they already want to go to sleep when their energy is only yellow! And then they'd end up waking up at like 1-2am with full energy. I guess I need lower quality beds lol