Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do like playing Immortal or normal?

I used to play normal. I'd get a job, get married, have kids , and start a legacy. But that got too tedious with managing all of the members of my home. Now I play as an immortal and just date and woohoo as I please. Lol. And when my girlfriend turned elder, I'd "Just be friends" the relationship and find a new girlfriend. I mean, why have a elder for a girlfriend when I'm always going to be a young adult?

Comments

• SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    It really depends on the sim and family. Since the game has random aging, I've had a favorite elderly sim die and I've had to revive them because I wasn't ready for them to die. That happened when I switched her family to my newer save.

I played a game of kill a sim from each existing world last month and received an achievement that I didn't even know existed in the game. lol. It said something like "you killed off 10 sims, congratulations" I killed off sims to create a new dynamic for their living relatives.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    I have to play with aging on. I get bored otherwise.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,372 Member
    I like to play a mix of both, though I get way to attached to some of my sims. So I have a family of Vampires, Spellcasters and my makeshift Werewolves that I have as my Immortals and my legacy family are my normal sims. Each generation I'll have one of my legacy sims partner with one of the immortals, based on if they find each other extremely attractive with the wonderful whims mod, it does make for some interesting pairs. Then I use a modded version of the immortality potion to keep them young.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

That's me too :blush: but i did used the young again potion once. It was helpful while i had goals for that sim, but then i was like what else am going to do with you :lol:
    texxx78 wrote: »

That's me too :blush: but i did used the young again potion once. It was helpful while i had goals for that sim, but then i was like what else am going to do with you :lol:

I don't even purchase the needs rewards for my sims. If they never need anything, I get bored. I have used the de-aging potion before though.

I killed off Paolo Rocca in my Westbrook save because he was starting to out live his daughters. He and Emilia (my sim) were well into adulthood when their daughters were born. Emilia had been dead for many sim weeks. Now I avoid the Bodybuilder reward trait.
  • Darstep0301Darstep0301 Posts: 745 Member

I don't even purchase the needs rewards for my sims. If they never need anything, I get bored. I have used the de-aging potion before though.

I killed off Paolo Rocca in my Westbrook save because he was starting to out live his daughters. He and Emilia (my sim) were well into adulthood when their daughters were born. Emilia had been dead for many sim weeks. Now I avoid the Bodybuilder reward trait.

I have a rule that I use when I play immortal. No children allowed!!! If I have children why watch them die and you're or I'm still a young adult. Good comment SweetieWright_84
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I play with aging on. I get bored easily with staying in the YA stage. My gameplay is to see how many generations I can play.
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    My Sims might as well be immortal with the aging system I use. 28-day seasons + measuring my Sims’ ages in years + days of trying to build/downloading CC/putting extra outfits together for my secondary Sims and townies = a very small chance that my Sims will be out of university by the time TS5 comes out. 🤣
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Darstep0301Darstep0301 Posts: 745 Member
    AyKooChao wrote: »
    My Sims might as well be immortal with the aging system I use. 28-day seasons + measuring my Sims’ ages in years + days of trying to build/downloading CC/putting extra outfits together for my secondary Sims and townies = a very small chance that my Sims will be out of university by the time TS5 comes out. 🤣

Hahaha!!! No legacies to worry about there. Lol
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member

@SweetieWright_84
    It’s ridiculous how long it was taking my Long Lived sim to die - I ended up killing him myself, as well!

I recently noticed that Bienchen has a mod that makes it so Long Lived and Active sims won’t live as long as they do. I downloaded it instantly. Haven’t gotten any sim that far since the mod though, I only installed it 2 days ago.
    @babajayne wrote: »

SweetieWright_84
    It’s ridiculous how long it was taking my Long Lived sim to die - I ended up killing him myself, as well!

I recently noticed that Bienchen has a mod that makes it so Long Lived and Active sims won’t live as long as they do. I downloaded it instantly. Haven’t gotten any sim that far since the mod though, I only installed it 2 days ago.

That was back before I started using mods. I have that mod as well. I haven't gotten far enough with a household to use it yet either. I've had it for a while. I also forgot that I have that mod :D, I have so many of Bienchen's mods.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Aging off, please! I was so happy when they started having that option back in sims 1 (or sims 2?). I don't remember, but I like being able to control their aging.
  • EllierosexEllierosex Posts: 359 Member
    Isharell wrote: »
    Aging off, please! I was so happy when they started having that option back in sims 1 (or sims 2?). I don't remember, but I like being able to control their aging.

Oh yes this is a problem! I love it too. your avatar person is pretty
    "Za Woka Geneva"
    I like playing normal, you can choose what you do and I find it supports me personally more by playing normal, ( sorry if i said anything that offends anyone )
    "Za Woka Geneva"
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    I always play with aging on since it's important for me to get a feeling of time progression, a changing world etc (a static world gets very frustrating to me). I've never played a sim to the point of death by age though, which I find embarrassing bc I usually get bored before then, even though I want to push through and play multiple generarions. On the rare occasion that I get very attached to a sim, I panic when they age and either stop playing to save myself the heartache or find ways to keep them young. In TS3, my first treasured sim stayed perpetually young bc I fed her young again potions from the chemistry lab. In TS4, I've had two sims that I got super attached to. One of them I lost the save file due to PC issues (sad about that), but I genuinely panicked in the days leading up to her aging up to adult. I was going through some stuff in real life at the time, so I imagined that my sim was having a midlife crisis to mirror my real-life existential crisis.
    My other sim that I'm super attached to (at present) is a vampire, so yeah she's not dying anytime soon. I actually happy about that, and have plans to explore a lot of the game that I haven't spent much time on yet with her. This will be the first time that I'll be playing with an immortal sim that I actually want to keep for a very long time.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Some what immortal, but not really. It’s more just a really long extended life span.
    I age Sims up and kill Sims off when I’m ready to move on with their story.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • JDubtx81JDubtx81 Posts: 26 Member
    I turn aging off, but do the cake and candles thing when I want my toddler, child, or teen to age up.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,500 Member
    I play mortal Sims, but I don't allow my game to become tedious. I play large households and use autonomy ON. Then I primarily focus on my would-be celebrity Teen. Yes, I have played this household countless times, but just when I get back to or almost back to where I was when a Patch, and/or broken mod borked my game save, another Patch hits. Oi!

I still share what happened in my game, and happily, a few other Simmers have let me know they enjoy the antics going on. I'm just hoping to play Erik's entire story one of these days. Just recently I had to re-re-Refresh, again. But, it's okay. The game rarely plays out the same way twice, which is what keeps it fresh, for me, that is. Hopefully my writing of the events won't get old. I just have to make sure my Vulcans live longer than the Humans in my game. Which calls for me to drop-in on their households and restart whatever stage of life they are in. Spock's mother was about twenty in human years when she married his father. In a particular episode (wherein we 'met' his parents) it was revealed that Sarek was 102.4 in human years. His mother looked to be in her fifties, since it was supposed Spock was in his early to mid thirties at the time. It is suggested that every one human year, equals two point two. five Vulcan years.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    Aging on either normal or long lifespan.
    Normally I start the game aging off, though, so I don't have to hurry with anything. I'll turn the aging on later, usually whenever my Sim is ready to start a family.
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    I have a particular set of rules for immortals.

1. Only Merfolk, Elementals, and Vampires are played with aging turned off. (Merfolk have high fitness that keeps them alive longer, Elementals are originally a type of ghost, and Vampires don't age.)
    2. Sims that drink a potion of youth, successfully drink a youth serum (Scientist Career) or successfully drink an immortality potion will have aging turned off.
    3. Immortals are only allowed to have 3 generations max. (Because the game only recognizes (Grandparents, Parents, Grandchildren/children. This prevents creepy autonomous flirting between family members).
    4. In particular with merfolk, I skip the child and toddler life stages and cheat the traits I want because children do not have a merform. (The way I build houses to meet the needs of merfolk depends on their merform. Merfolk can satisfy two needs by sleeping in a pool and will do so autonomously in spite of having a bed. I build houses around their autonomous pursuit of water to swim in. Children make the builds difficult because mermadic sims are treated like normal sims until their teenage years. That combination of different autonomous behaviors and the way they satisfy breaks the immersive experience if I played the child life stages with mermadic sims. Anyone who shares screenshots of children with a merform are using mods that are not available on the Playstation 4.)
    5. I manually age mortal sims after 28 sim days. I manually age immortal sims when I feel the time is right.
    6. Finally, I kill off sims in two ways, I hunt them down if I dislike them, or I add them to a retirement household where they die from old age with aging turned on for that household.
    I will be able to age both my sims soon yes!
    "Za Woka Geneva"
  • HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 322 Member
    I play with aging on, but I have had some immortal occult sims. I had a spellcaster who I let stay a young adult due to the immortality potion. His wife stayed young for a while because she died and was later revived, so her age was static for a while. I let mermaids be immortal so long as they live in Sulani (potions of youth). If a mermaid moves into another world, they age normally. Scientists and paranormal investigators may have weird lifespans as a job hazard. Basically I use in-game mechanics to justify keeping my favorites alive.

I also turn off aging for part of my sim’s time in Uni. They age for the first semester, then I turn off aging until they are due to graduate. If they fail a class and graduation is delayed, they start aging again and finish the class from their home, not the dorms. I also extended the YA lifespan for a few extra days via MCCC, but since not every sim goes to uni aging off still works better for me.
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    I play with aging on for the active household and at my discretion decide whether a sim gets to drink Potion of Youth or whether they age up upon hitting their birthday. I could just kill off sims who should be aged out of the simworld (if they're still around in a five-generation family, it's time for them to go), but I give them the honor of living out the rest of their days.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I have the age off on all the sims & animals. They can live forever if they want to or I could just click on the k i l l option. >:):D
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    edited November 2021
    I play with both, keeps game play interesting or at the very least npcs interesting. When it comes to spell casters though I keep them young because I like to cause chaos with their spells. xD Scientists are fun sometimes too and then there is the possessed Strangerville npcs. I keep them at their current age and even sometimes use the bizarre fruit on others, even have a few permeant skeletons and some servos around too.
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I have the age off on all the sims & animals. They can live forever if they want to or I could just click on the k i l l option. >:):D
    I Like your style. :D
    Metior_Ice wrote: »
    I have a particular set of rules for immortals.
    3. Immortals are only allowed to have 3 generations max. (Because the game only recognizes (Grandparents, Parents, Grandchildren/children. This prevents creepy autonomous flirting between family members).
    That's happened in several of my previous saves.

Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios