Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why not make a pack about railfanning?

Simcity_TrainsSimcity_Trains Posts: 107 Member
edited November 2021 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
We got trains in the Sims 4, so this is a good opportunity to add railfanning stuff, like trainspotters, tripod cameras, ability to ride train s etc.collecting tickets
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I learned a new word today 🤔
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    What? Railfanning?
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    This would be awesome! I’ve been wanting a real train in the game forever!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member

Me too. 😄

A railfan, rail buff or train buff, railway enthusiast or railway buff, trainspotter or ferroequinologist is a person interested, recreationally, in rail transport. Railfans of many ages can be found worldwide.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Model railway would also be nice to make a comeback.
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Not to be a downer but they would likely make it a rabbit hole. I had a similar idea in a Napa, California concept with the wine train but discarded the idea when I realized it would be like Snowy Escape with the sky lifts
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    redrogue60 wrote: »
    Not to be a downer but they would likely make it a rabbit hole. I had a similar idea in a Napa, California concept with the wine train but discarded the idea when I realized it would be like Snowy Escape with the sky lifts

They could make special interactions for the trains and train platforms, like train schedules, add more varieties of trains, a trains category for picture taking and a collection of trains sims could spot, add trains magazines, a hobby table for model railway, this one could be a small one, like a simple train for a child that can be placed to run on a track on a table or around the Christmas tree, and if the hobby enthusiasm grows there could be options for a bigger display with more trains or even a really massive one. Maybe they could even add a small buildable track for a mini train that sims could ride for fun, or tinker on it. It really doesn't need to be all rabbit hole activities.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    We got trains in the Sims 4, so this is a good opportunity to add railfanning stuff, like trainspotters, tripod cameras, ability to ride train s etc.collecting tickets

You've just given my photographer sim a new hobby! If we include the tram in each neighborhood, and the steamboat, he should be occupied for a couple of days.

But, yes, I'd be interested in a trainfanning pack.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member

right?! LOL
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member

And now I inexplicably want this is the game. What is happening?