Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is There a New RoadMap News For Winter, Yet?

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited November 2021
    I hope they release a 'roadmap' soon of what might be coming in the next months...Nov.-March. Because there are still so many things still on the table as possibilities. I don't hate TS4 as some might think, ( I just want better personalities and bug fixes) But I just want the things I want and have waited a very long time. (years). Cars, werewolf, time travel would be nice, slow dancing, dancing facing each other, hotels, attraction system, world editor ( I'm fine without an actual CAW this time around) but would love a Maxis world editor tool, and like so many others, kids' games together. It would be nice if they finally added real bands' gameplay, and some decades' stuff packs while they continue to improve the Sim personality. Any of these things would be nice for me, since I have waited sooooo long. My long term plans for this game has been just like many others, when it's done, to mod it (the mods most of you use) when it no longer needs updating and then I can play it the way I thought it should have been built (with the mods so many use) and not be bothered by updates.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited November 2021
    May 17, Summer of Sims -> 4 months -> Sept. 21, Season of Selves

The next one could be in January.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,832 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I hope they release a 'roadmap' soon of what might be coming in the next months...Nov.-March.

The summer update was announced on May 17, a day after the start of summer.

The fall update was announced on September 20, a couple of days before the start of autumn.

Winter begins on December 21. If they follow the current pattern we should see another road map update around that time. Of course it could be delayed until the first of the year. After the holidays.
  • g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    Summer started June 20th, not May 16th.
    g01denswan wrote: »
    Summer started June 20th, not May 16th.

Thanks for the correction. There goes the pattern. 😄 Since the roadmap was announced a month prior to the beginning of summer maybe there's a chance of an earlier winter roadmap announcement.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I don't know about supply chain per se, but I know they farm out some of the modeling to groups in China, which was certainly hard hit and nailed down for a while. So if they had to do more modeling in house, and an object takes about three days (per the Extra Life stream Artist Q&A) that certainly would be a kind of supply disruption.

Also, while I don't know how creative your industry is, my observation is that group projects involving a lot of creatives benefit not so much from an office per se, but being able to take time to see what other people are doing and offer unplanned feedback - as well as get it. Something that's considerably more difficult when working remotely from each other. If everyone is working remotely, then there isn't as much chance for that sort of group creative energy to figure things out.

On top of that, some Sim Gurus have school age kids who were also doing remote or hybrid learning, which the parents would have also helped with. And most of those kids are just now able to get their first dose of the vaccine. SimGuruGeorge's kids I think are both too young even for that (based on the little blonde head with the bow that was sitting on his lap for a little bit during the extra life stream... I think that's the older one, the younger one having been born right around when Snowy Escape came out, because he'd said in that stream that he might have to leave abruptly.)

Fair point about creative industries and group projects. But trust me, I don't need anyone to tell me anything I don't already know about working from home with kids and remote learning (although if we're being honest, both personal experience and substantial amounts of academic research tell me that this tends to have far more of an impact on working moms than working dads; I would be pleasantly surprised if the male devs on the TS4 team were actually doing the bulk of at-home active parenting during the day, and if they are, that definitely makes them rare birds... although that would be awesome, and I'd happily accept delays in all kinds of industries if that became the norm). In any case, that's not unique to the gaming industry, it's something we've all had to deal with.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I don't know about supply chain per se, but I know they farm out some of the modeling to groups in China, which was certainly hard hit and nailed down for a while. So if they had to do more modeling in house, and an object takes about three days (per the Extra Life stream Artist Q&A) that certainly would be a kind of supply disruption.

Also, while I don't know how creative your industry is, my observation is that group projects involving a lot of creatives benefit not so much from an office per se, but being able to take time to see what other people are doing and offer unplanned feedback - as well as get it. Something that's considerably more difficult when working remotely from each other. If everyone is working remotely, then there isn't as much chance for that sort of group creative energy to figure things out.

On top of that, some Sim Gurus have school age kids who were also doing remote or hybrid learning, which the parents would have also helped with. And most of those kids are just now able to get their first dose of the vaccine. SimGuruGeorge's kids I think are both too young even for that (based on the little blonde head with the bow that was sitting on his lap for a little bit during the extra life stream... I think that's the older one, the younger one having been born right around when Snowy Escape came out, because he'd said in that stream that he might have to leave abruptly.)

Fair point about creative industries and group projects. But trust me, I don't need anyone to tell me anything I don't already know about working from home with kids and remote learning (although if we're being honest, both personal experience and substantial amounts of academic research tell me that this tends to have far more of an impact on working moms than working dads; I would be pleasantly surprised if the male devs on the TS4 team were actually doing the bulk of at-home active parenting during the day, and if they are, that definitely makes them rare birds... although that would be awesome, and I'd happily accept delays in all kinds of industries if that became the norm). In any case, that's not unique to the gaming industry, it's something we've all had to deal with.

Yeah this is true. It's definitely more common for the mom to do more household duties even if both parents are working. I mean with my parents my dad doesn't really do anything household related.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    Re EA missing out on the Christmas sale, I think these things are different now than back in the days when a game was gifted as a physical copy (oh, I miss those days!). So, a simmer can probably wish for an Origin gifting card instead, which doesn't really require a bigger pack release before Christmas.

What EA would miss though, is the publicity. Bad for them if they have no new release to advertise in December. Simmers might even place a pre-order in December, even if the release is February/March. So, I think the next EP might be advertised no later than start of December, but not released until next year.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    edited November 2021
    It seems a Season is 4 months

Summer of Sims : May, June, July, August (2 Kits, 1 GP and 1 EP)
    Season of Selves : Sept., Oct., Nov., Dec. (4 Kits)

Next season : Jan. (Teaser), Feb., March, April (1 or 3 Kits, SP and ???)
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
    I mean I see ea missing out on a holiday sale as a good thing. It means the devs aren't being pushed to reach a deadline.

So the devs well-being and quality of the pack is being priotised
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Quality is a good thing for them to be worrying about.
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    So, in other words it might be five weeks until we see any new roadmap? :/
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    So, in other words it might be five weeks until we see any new roadmap? :/

Most likely.
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • verkay123verkay123 Posts: 14 New Member
    I'm waiting for a new roadmap today
    verkay123 wrote: »
    I'm waiting for a new roadmap today

I would like to see one that mentions a new EP, GP and stuff pack. I'm so over these so called 'improvements'.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,572 Member
    edited December 2021
    I thought someone said that a Guru confirmed we haven't seen the customize your Game with color part of the last roadmap yet, so there's a chance we might be getting that before X-mas.
    I cannot find the post, but it said that the swatches update wasn't for the roadmap.
    Anyhow, I don't think we'll see a new roadmap before January.
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • SkyrryxSkyrryx Posts: 201 Member
    edited December 2021
    Thank you @83bienchen for modding the game. Whims Overhaul is essential for my gameplay.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,572 Member
    edited December 2021
    Thanks, you're my hero, @Skyrryx.

Anyhow, we already had the 2 Basegame Updates by now (scenarios and neighborhood stories).
    I'm confused now.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    edited December 2021
    "Customize Space With Colour" update is missing and probably planned in January.
    I now don't think we're getting a December Update cause once Maxis goes on Christmas Break this week they won't be back until after the New Years.

It seems 1 Season is 4 months

Summer of Sims (May 17, 2021) : May, June, July, August (2 Kits, 1 GP and 1 EP)
    Season of Selves (Sep 21, 2021) : Oct., Nov., Dec., Jan. (4 Kits)

Next season : Feb. (Teaser), March, April
    :/:(:| Nothing new until next Feb.? Boring.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Since we are at the end of the year with the holidays in front of us, there will be hardly any info about pack release until mid january, so mid february will at best be time for release of a new pack.

@Cinebar you've been bored for an awfully long time. How much boring can it get for you? 😄 Are you saying a new pack might bring you back to the game?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member

Actually I think we'll get a big update in January and possibly a Game or Stuffpack as well.

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    "Customize Space With Colour" update is missing and probably planned in January.
    I now don't think we're getting a December Update cause once Maxis goes on Christmas Break this week they won't be back until after the New Years.

It seems 1 Season is 4 months

Summer of Sims (May 17, 2021) : May, June, July, August (2 Kits, 1 GP and 1 EP)
    Season of Selves (Sep 21, 2021) : Oct., Nov., Dec., Jan. (4 Kits)

Next season : Feb. (Teaser), March, April

I'm thinking a Game or Stuffpack in January and a Big Update to the base game in January as well.

Actually I think we'll get a big update in January and possibly a Game or Stuffpack as well.

It's likely we will get an update in January as there will be an inside maxis in January. That also could mean there won't be a pack in January.