Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Feel free to delete this

wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
Yeah uh I was kinda frustrated so uh can the mods delete this for me? Thanks.

For context I was ranting about how saves have to be in C but it turns out you can do computer magic to change that.
6JSxk49.png?1

Comments

• TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    edited November 2021
    Why do saves have to be in C?
    They don't. They are where you decided to put your Documents folder.

For example, in my case, my Documents folder is on the E: drive. That's where the saves usually would be (well, I put them elsewhere, but that's a bit more complicated).
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited November 2021
    There are guides online on how to change your user folder so it's not located in C:/ but I don't recommend it, I tried it once and it's very confusing having your user folder on another disk because so many different programs are relying on it.

It's much easier to just move your old saves to another disk.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    @logion - Sometimes just shifting old saves out doesn't clear enough space, especially if the bulk of the user game folder is coming from added content or something else. Redirecting the user Documents folder is a pretty basic function and should not be creating havoc with other programs unless they are very old -- as in older than Win XP. As far as most modern (since then) programs should be concerned, the user folder is in Documents and it shouldn't care if the real physical location of the library is on C, E, or any other reachable drive.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited November 2021
    @igazor right, programs will work the same, I just found it confusing because I did not find it clear where my files and my shortcuts ended up. I use my user folder a lot for work.

I'm pretty sure that you will end up with two user folders. One that is located on C:/ and one that is on another disk, because I don't think you can move all your folders in your user folder to another disk, like appdata etc. and your old folders will still be there, you just have to remember now that you have another location for your user folder.
    Post edited by logion on