Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you rather be/control a Occult sim or a Human sim? Hmmm!!!

The Occult fans have a issue, and I agree, that EA has given them a back seat in it's expansions for TS4. But has EA done so based on it's fan base and their wants? Or just neglect? Only we (the Simmers) can answer this question. As for me, I liken The Sims as a "simulation", and being or controlling a Vampire, Magician, Werewolf, or some other creature would make TS4 a "game" and I've got enough of those in my library.

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,830 Member
    Both. I have human and occult sims in my game.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,634 Member
    Well, it’s not like they’re new to the game. They’ve pretty much been included from the start. Some people like to play regular world simulations. Some people like to play magical world simulations. Some people like to do both. But in the end, it’s all fantasy, isn’t it?
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited November 2021
    I play mostly human sims in Sims 4, but that was not the case in Sims 2 or 3. There are quite a bit of good changes they have done for the occult, mainly the witches and vampires. I feel that the occult or lack of the different occults are... or should I say need some much-needed attention. I would love to see fairies, werewolves make a comeback, and that the aliens and plant sims given a much-needed update overhaul. I was never much into zombies, especially those that attacked our sim's gardens. I heavily modded my Sims 3 to keep those completely out of my game.
  • Darstep0301Darstep0301 Posts: 745 Member
    I knew I could count on you cyncie to give a insightful comment. "In the end it's all a fantasy" is true. But are there more regular world simmers or magical world simmers that EA has to consider before it decides what type of expansion to release to the public? And that's what I'm really trying to get to the bottom of.
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I play mostly human sims in Sims 4, but that was not the case in Sims 2 or 3. There are quite a bit of good changes they have done for the occult, mainly the witches and vampires. I feel that the occult or lack of the different occults are... or should I say need some much-needed attention. I would love to see fairies, werewolves make a comeback, and that the aliens and plant sims given a much-needed update overhaul. I was never much into zombies, especially those that attacked our sim's gardens. I heavily modded my Sims 3 to keep those completely out of my game.

I moved to Arizona in 2005 and I was playing TS2 and 3. I think TS3 had the alien family and the scientist family that was doing experiments on some poor dumb male sim. If I'm not mistaken one could be a vampire in that version. Wow I'm going way back. Because I used to drive my car everywhere I went in TS3. I played that until TS4 came out in 2017. But I used to play the Vampire sim, get the vampire bed, and drink the vampire drink to keep from eating sims, and make a girl a vampire and have vampire children. And avoid the sunlight by sleeping all day. But other than the alien family and being a vampire in The Sims I've not bought the expansions packs that addressed the Occult.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Occult is my type of play. I tend to experiment with "new features" on human Sims, but my serious play saves are Vampires, Witches and Mermaids.
    I really want to see what they can do with Werewolves since Vampires turned out to be amazing. I at least need my Weres! I would like for Fae and Genies to make a comeback as well.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
    Your Profile picture speaks a thousand words. And for simmers like you, EA needs to address whether they should create and release another Occult expansions for it's Occult base. I think they should.
    I wanted to be a Vampire in one of my games, but I needed the pack that had vampires on it to be so. Not so with zombies. Although I couldn't be one, I could kill them with I believe the "Life's Tragedies" mod. Same as with being a magician (Harry Potter). I couldn't be one unless I had the pack that had magicians.
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I have a desire to keep things realistic but I do like the vampire and spellcaster worlds. I moved the Goth family to Forgotten Hallow, they have since died because I don't like playing with premades either. I have a new villain family living in the Goth house in Forgotten Hallow. Then I have a gay couple who lives in a haunted house, I pretend like they're a Hollywood film crew trying to prove the existence of vampire's but truth is vampire's work as the service people in my game. lol. The only vampire's who live in a house is the Straud and Vatore family in one house. Vlad had to share his home. I put a nightclub off the gallery in Forgotten Hallow too. Other than that I don't play with occult sims. I did have some of my sims mysteriously turn into mermaids and I changed them back to human.

10-09-21-2-53-13-AM.png
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,444 Member
    I play a lot of Vampires, Spellcasters and Merfolk. I have a few Aliens as well.

Honestly, I think I would have abandoned Sims 4 if Vampires never came, or if they had ignored Occults. I could have lived without the Toddlers but definitely not the Vampires, though I'm glad we got both. I need my world simulation to be mystical, not mundane. The Sims games have never really been realistic so why change that now? It's a little frustrating that after seven years of development we still don't have that many playable supernaturals.
    #Team Occult
    LiELF wrote: »
    I play a lot of Vampires, Spellcasters and Merfolk. I have a few Aliens as well.

Honestly, I think I would have abandoned Sims 4 if Vampires never came, or if they had ignored Occults. I could have lived without the Toddlers but definitely not the Vampires, though I'm glad we got both. I need my world simulation to be mystical, not mundane. The Sims games have never really been realistic so why change that now? It's a little frustrating that after seven years of development we still don't have that many playable supernaturals.

I'm thinking that EA will release a Occult expansion in their near future.
    SnaveXs wrote: »
    I have a desire to keep things realistic but I do like the vampire and spellcaster worlds. I moved the Goth family to Forgotten Hallow, they have since died because I don't like playing with premades either. I have a new villain family living in the Goth house in Forgotten Hallow. Then I have a gay couple who lives in a haunted house, I pretend like they're a Hollywood film crew trying to prove the existence of vampire's but truth is vampire's work as the service people in my game. lol. The only vampire's who live in a house is the Straud and Vatore family in one house. Vlad had to share his home. I put a nightclub off the gallery in Forgotten Hallow too. Other than that I don't play with occult sims. I did have some of my sims mysteriously turn into mermaids and I changed them back to human.

10-09-21-2-53-13-AM.png

Forgotten Hallow must be the pack that includes the Vampires. I've never seen it or I would have bought. I got my software from a retail store and not online in case one might ask.
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited November 2021
    Yes, Forgotten Hollow is the gothic world that comes with vampires pack.
  • Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    I play with both and it all depends what story I have in mind. Usually if I want to include occult I will have human sim “discover” them through books or computer, get interested and then go or move to the other world to find if the rumors are true hehe. But when I play aliens I will just create an alien and pretend they crushed on unknown planet or something, usually in Strangerville, trying to adjust to the new world and find way to get back to Sixam (although they can’t get back to Sixam and live there which is BIG shame).

That being said I really like occults and probably I played more with vampires than any other occult or humans. But sometimes there are long periods of time when I literally don’t want vampires or wizards in my game. So I will not install the packs and just leave mermaids because they are invisible and I need Sulani as my vacation spot and aliens because Get to Work is essential and slight risk of alien abduction is always welcome in my game lol.
    Isn't Strangerville a TS3 world? I haven't played TS3 since TS4 came out. I forgot a sim could get abducted by using the telescope at night. LOL. Either way I'm the "be a sim" type. And the other sims in my house I let them take care of themselves.
    SnaveXs wrote: »
    Yes, Forgotten Hollow is the gothic world that comes with vampires pack.

It's a must have expansion now SnaveXs. Never seen it in store's, so I guess I'll have to order it online. Thx!!!
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    Occults are essential for me. I like to play magical stories with spellcasters. RoM is my favourite pack. But I like to combine the fantasy elements with a mundane aspect like having a job, paying bills,... Aliens and mermaids are also very nice, with very occasionally a vampire.

I used to love looking forward to a new occult lifestate with every EP in sims 2 and 3. It is very disappointing to see there are so few options in sims 4 after so many years.
    Isn't Strangerville a TS3 world? I haven't played TS3 since TS4 came out. I forgot a sim could get abducted by using the telescope at night. LOL. Either way I'm the "be a sim" type. And the other sims in my house I let them take care of themselves.

Strangerville is a Sims 4 world from the GP with the same name. Sims 2 had a base game neighbourhood called strangetown where one of the premade households, the curious brothers, was programmed to start with an alien abduction.
    Right!! Strangetown had the two brothers who were I believe scientist, and one of them got impregnated and had a alien baby. Wow!!! That was so long ago for me. Looking at the graphics, I wonder how I ever played that game. LOL
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I really love playing spellcasters and I believe the game wouldn't be as much fun if they didn't exist. I also enjoy vampires much more in this iteration than in the previous games, and mermaids can be fun from time to time. I don't play aliens very often.

Some of my saves are realistic, others are fantastical, it just depends what I'm in the mood for.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,961 Member
    edited November 2021
    I play what I consider more realistic characters usually in the sims. But I find use for all the packs in the sims 4. In sims 2 I did love playing a witch. I moved my Goths in Sims 4 to Forgotten Hollow because, well that’s just where the Goths should be. I also made gravestones for Mortimer’s parents, put them on the lot, and gave Cassandra a Siamese Kitten ( like her Grandmothers cats ) and have given Alex a rat. I could easily see Bella as a Vampire and Cassandra as a Witch and Alex as a Warlock. I sometimes wonder if Alexander Goth was inspired by Harry Potter books.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Both.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited November 2021
    I happily play both but lean towards the occult fantasy side. Real life is all around us so I think it's more fun to throw in mystical, haunted, mysterious, weird fun and strange things!! Thinking about it I think I play more mermaids and vampires than anything. Spellcasters and aliens did not meet my occult standards so they are rare lol.

I have 3 main households I currently rotate between. Two of them are a clan of vampires. The other is a mix of mermaids and humans.

Not only do we need more occults, we also need the fantasy worlds and content to go with it! As it stands we currently have NO type of fantasy world. Forgotten hallow is pretty small and plain. Nothing really fantastical. More like sixam for example.
    And even though they are not fantasy the two most exotic worlds we have are only destination. At least it would be cool if my occults could live deep in the jungle.

I dream of a world with caves, vines and creepy swamps overtaken most of the world. The background should look fantasy style (nothing earthly) and we should be able to fly through it on dragons and unicorns.
    We should have fantasy CAS cc like wings, glowing body markings, extra long hair of all colors with headress decorations, fantasy clothes of course.
    How about more adventurous fantasy style careers? Dragon slayer? Clan leader of alien invasions? An inventor of "mother" (from strangerville) who's job is to make the world more strange!

Then maybe I would play aliens so that I wouldn't just have to be a blue dude living in willow creek suburbs, going to work as a doctor and knitting as a hobby🤦‍♀️ all the fantasy adventures I have need to be imagined in my head, and the content added from cc.

Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited November 2021
    I prefer realistic gameplay, that doesn't mean that I have not played with occult sims though, I played them back when the packs were released. I did have fun playing with aliens back in 2015 and with vampires in 2017.
    I like realistic gameplay as well. It's more of a simulation to me that way than a game with fantasy creatures.
    texxx78 wrote: »
    Both.

Hahaha