Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5?

temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
edited March 2022 in Off Topic Chat
Which Timeline do you think Sims 5 will take place in?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Sims 5? 108 votes

The Original Timeline (Sims 1, 2 & 3)
35%
auroraael14rudy8292Icewolfalexspoom13DevSims91JestTruToriegreydonnmlmeadowsbjrocks14simmietimesmurf45blueMizzila1297motdksnoepjes1210DoloresGreySimplyBreagarapoesImSandsMissimay94 38 votes
Alternate Timeline (Sims 4)
19%
crocobauraSnuffyBucketPaigeisin5RinsktaydevelelunicywormofthebookdoogerieSheepilingAuronoiChieftaincomicsforlifeJordan061102mctsimmerllejenaKathMHughesEliasVersaceArcajpsulsuldagdagBenjamiliansulfurstyless 21 votes
Other
45%
BluegayleCK213catmom1987Monet11PlayerSinger2010ncisGibbs02simgirl1010friendlysimmersCinebargoodcakebaker62SjofncatloverplayerLizzychicagoRamblineRoseduhboy2u2HarukotyanbixtersLeccapammiechickCAPTAIN_NXR7 49 votes

Comments

• VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Other
    I hope it has its own timeline, somewhat like 4 did. I don't care anything at all about previous game timelines in this series. If 5 will go back to a continuation of one or more of them, I'll be skipping it. I may be skipping it for other reasons as well, but the timeline thing would be one of the deal-breakers.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,829 Member
    Other
    I've had enough of the Goths and Brokes, and Pancakes and Callientes, and Newbies. And Crumplebottons. 😄 I want all new characters. Or none at all.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Other
    If it's called sims 5 it's supposed to "drink" from previous iterations, so i would expect it to follow either 1-3 timeline or 4 timeline...
    But i think it'll be whatever hits their minds at the moment...
    Other
    texxx78 wrote: »
    If it's called sims 5 it's supposed to "drink" from previous iterations, so i would expect it to follow either 1-3 timeline or 4 timeline...
    But i think it'll be whatever hits their minds at the moment...

It would still be The Sims without those iconic characters.
  • Darstep0301Darstep0301 Posts: 745 Member
    Other
    I've had enough of the Goths and Brokes, and Pancakes and Callientes, and Newbies. And Crumplebottons. 😄 I want all new characters. Or none at all.

Are the Goths, Pancakes, and BFF's supposed to just up and disappear just because of a new edition called TS5? They made this game what it is today. They will probably get a make over as they have in the past. But to out and out get rid of them entirely is something I don't thing EA would chance. Here's a real life example: My mother has been watching soap opera's all of her life. But if you took out the Quartermains from "One Life To Live", she'd have a fit. They are the story, same as the Goths, Landgraabs, Callientes, and Pancakes. Don't turn your back on TS5 just because it'll have the same families from previous iterations, just add your own. We're pro's. That should be easy.
    Other

Are the Goths, Pancakes, and BFF's supposed to just up and disappear
    just because of a new edition called TS5? They made this game what it is today. They will probably get a make over as they have in the past. But to out and out get rid of them entirely is something I don't thing EA would chance. Here's a real life example: My mother has been watching soap opera's all of her life. But if you took out the Quartermains from "One Life To Live", she'd have a fit. They are the story, same as the Goths, Landgraabs, Callientes, and Pancakes. Don't turn your back on TS5 just because it'll have the same families from previous iterations, just add your own. We're pro's. That should be easy.

If Maxis doesn't do it, I will. As I have in Sims 4 and all the previous versions. It's not really a big deal.
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    I'd hate to see the OG characters gone, but I also don't want my headcannons destroyed, so I'd prefer it be similar to Sims 4 where they're there but in an AU or different timeline.

That's just my preference, though. I know a lot of people want the old lore to be brought back and continued so I wouldn't mind too much if they added onto the Sims 1-2-3 timeline~
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    I think it will be the Sims4 time line I feel that The Sims 4 was a way forThe sims to Reboot the franchise and that’s ok with me it started of bad but it’s ok now.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    Other
    I have no idea.
    What I want is a TS2 remake, with TS4 art style (improved with more detailed meshes and textures), and TS3 inspired Semi-open worlds. (District based like TS4). And CASt.

Maybe it may be none as they recreate The Sims Online
    and leave TS4 to go one for 5 more years with a Kits store.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Other
    Honestly... I don't care. I don't play the stories of the premades, so whatever happens to them (or doesn't) doesn't matter to me.

If pressed, I'd say probably another timeline remix, as they did with Sims 4, rather than continuing with an existing timeline.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,018 Member
    I doubt we'll get it, but I want the old timeline. I want the drama, lore, updates to old sims that show us where they've been going in life. I know some people are sick of the Goths and stuff, and I could do without them. But so many old sims and stories have a ton of potential.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Boring Zzz. :s
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Other
    I honestly believe if there is a TS5 it won't have any thing in the world to do with past history of The Sims or the timeline of the stories of original Sims. I believe TS5 is a multiplayer game, meet and greet, questing, challenge, competition, cliques, goal oriented game. Prove me wrong EA.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Other
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I honestly believe if there is a TS5 it won't have any thing in the world to do with past history of The Sims or the timeline of the stories of original Sims. I believe TS5 is a multiplayer game, meet and greet, questing, challenge, competition, cliques, goal oriented game. Prove me wrong EA.

That's possible. And yeah, that would be another of several potential deal-breakers for me, as well.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Randie_ReignsRandie_Reigns Posts: 59 Member
    There has been a lot of backlash about the lore. I don't think it will go so far off in the next game.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,632 Member
    Other
    The problem with extensive lore is that you eventually get bogged down in it. That’s why Star Trek and Doctor Who had to do something of a reset for their franchises. At some point you have to lose the baggage. Sims 4 reset the lore for this game, to an extent, by making it AU. The question is, will they continue this AU or reset again with more of the past lore.
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    edited November 2021
    cyncie wrote: »
    The problem with extensive lore is that you eventually get bogged down in it. That’s why Star Trek and Doctor Who had to do something of a reset for their franchises. At some point you have to lose the baggage. Sims 4 reset the lore for this game, to an extent, by making it AU. The question is, will they continue this AU or reset again with more of the past lore.

Ah yes... Nothing like killing franchises, after Moffat left, Chibnall ruined Doctor Who, it's literally at it's lowest ratings in Doctor Who's entire history, I don't blame Jodie Whittaker for the crappy episodes, I blame Chibnall and his talentless hacks, Star Trek is barely hanging onto life support, Lower Decks is probably one of the few Trek shows that both Old Trekkies and NuTrekkies can both enjoy, I have to say I've enjoyed Discovery and Picard as much as I enjoyed TOS.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,632 Member
    edited November 2021
    Other
    cyncie wrote: »

Ah yes... Nothing like killing franchises, after Moffat left, Chibnall ruined Doctor Who, it's literally at it's lowest ratings in Doctor Who's entire history, I don't blame Jodie Whittaker for the 🎃🎃🎃🎃 episodes, I blame Chibnall and his talentless hacks, Star Trek is barely hanging onto life support, Lower Decks is probably one of the few Trek shows that both Old Trekkies and NuTrekkies can both enjoy, I have to say I've enjoyed Discovery and Picard as much as I enjoyed TOS.

Well, I agree about Who franchise, but I don’t think the reset is the problem. Moffat was a great writer, but his arcs were pretty complicated and Chibnells bad scripting totally let the concept down. I think RTD was right to introduce the Time War as a reset so they could move forward without having to track every thread left over from Classic Who. But that’s a discussion for Gallifrey Base, and I don’t post there anymore.

I confess I haven’t followed Treks reboot past the first movie, which I thought was a well done reset.

But, back to Sims…AU is Okay with me.

• DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    I want Lore sims 2 and 3 had plenty of lore and fun, Sims 4 has little to none and I never played sims 1.

I’d love new stories, I’d also love classic sims. I want interesting, I want everything.

An alternate timeline should of been interesting but instead they were lazy for the longest time (I love to add and customize stories to fit my own purposes but stories have to be there)

Some of the new families I really enjoy but I know nothing about their history and very little about them… Where as in past games I knew my sims (although sometimes I’d change sims and stories to make my game more gay teenage boy friendly).

I want the best everything for the sims 5.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Other
    For me it really does not matter the first thing I always do when I start a new Sims game is delete all the premade households. But seeing how many people love lore of the past I do think they should at least toss in some of the fan favorites from Sims 1-3 and create some new characters with actual lore of their own so I can also delete them but this is not for me.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    edited November 2021
    Other
    I think it will have its own time line.
  • motdkmotdk Posts: 208 Member
    edited November 2021

just because of a new edition called TS5? They made this game what it is today. They will probably get a make over as they have in the past. But to out and out get rid of them entirely is something I don't thing EA would chance. Here's a real life example: My mother has been watching soap opera's all of her life. But if you took out the Quartermains from "One Life To Live", she'd have a fit. They are the story, same as the Goths, Landgraabs, Callientes, and Pancakes. Don't turn your back on TS5 just because it'll have the same families from previous iterations, just add your own. We're pro's. That should be easy.

If Maxis doesn't do it, I will. As I have in Sims 4 and all the previous versions. It's not really a big deal.

Actually it is a big deal. I don’t want to play a game that doesn’t reference it’s original characters ,plus add a few new ones. It is called the Sims for a reason. I pay to play the original characters whether I delete them or not. And I want that Option. For example would you play Mario kart , without Mario I wouldn’t.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited November 2021
    Other
    motdk wrote: »

Actually it is a big deal. I don’t want to play a game that doesn’t reference it’s original characters ,plus add a few new ones. It is called the Sims for a reason. I pay to play the original characters whether I delete them or not. And I want that Option. For example would you play Mario kart , without Mario I wouldn’t.

What do you mean by the bolded part?
    I always believed the Sims is called the Sims because we’re creating and playing with simulated peoples in a simulated world. The inhabitants of these simulated worlds are called “sims”.

Mario Kart is called Mario Kart because the main dude is called Mario. And he drives around in a Kart. Very straight forward.

The Sims is not called The Goths. If it was, I’d agree with you. The Sims isn’t called “The Legend of Crumplebottom’s Handbag”.
    It’s called The Sims, and the Goths and Landgraabs are just a bunch of sims living in these simulated worlds.

Back to topic: I create my own lore and characters.
    I’m indifferent to the existence of the originals but it’d be nice for those who like the nostalgia.

• StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited November 2021
    Other
    Idk what they'll decide to do, but id rather they hint or keep 1 or 2 families from sims lore from all the games. Im talking console, urbz, my sims, castaway, sims medieval etc and bring back many different sims games.

Like especially for expansions. For a vacation island expansion, bring back some characters from castaway.

For egyptain expansion, bring back the mummy from sims 2 ds

Kind of like an all-stars thing
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.