Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else have this bug ?

I didn’t have this bug before the patch
When going to light a firework they go to said firework teleport somewhere then go back to the firework but don’t light it
Also the toddler walking bug was not fixed
I have tried looking on EA help with no avail

I don’t have mods
I have tried fixing the game nothing working
If anyone has some sort of solution that I haven’t thought of I would be greatful
Thanks and happy simming

Comments

• LumigensLumigens Posts: 41 Member
    The toddler walk is still bugged in my game too. So disappointing that they fixed so few bugs in this patch, and one of the fixes didn’t even work lol.
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,960 Member
    Is the toddler walking bug referring to the fact that toddlers walk in an oddly jerky way? It seems to disappear once they get to higher levels of the movement skill, I think about level 4 when they start being able to run.
  • ImagebearImagebear Posts: 46 Member
    edited November 2021
    ̶I̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶i̶c̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶i̶r̶e̶w̶o̶r̶k̶s̶,̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶.̶ ̶B̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶i̶t̶ ̶d̶i̶f̶f̶e̶r̶e̶n̶t̶.̶ ̶M̶y̶ ̶s̶i̶m̶s̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶i̶m̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶i̶r̶e̶w̶o̶r̶k̶s̶ ̶b̶u̶r̶n̶e̶d̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶l̶a̶u̶n̶c̶h̶i̶n̶g̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶b̶o̶u̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶e̶c̶o̶n̶d̶ ̶f̶i̶r̶e̶w̶o̶r̶k̶s̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶ ̶n̶o̶r̶m̶a̶l̶l̶y̶.̶
    I haven't play with the toddlers yet, but consider they just added the scenarios, people might start to notice it.
    Post edited by Imagebear on
  • SamadamsPlayerSamadamsPlayer Posts: 583 Member
    Is the toddler walking bug referring to the fact that toddlers walk in an oddly jerky way? It seems to disappear once they get to higher levels of the movement skill, I think about level 4 when they start being able to run.

My toddlers have full walking skill and still the bugs remain
    Now new ones on top
    I think the team really need to focus more on getting on top of all these issues as it’s not fair on players
    I don’t know if they have a team working on just bug fixes though
    Happy simming everyone
  • FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    I was having the firework bug since at least the last patch prior to the one on Tuesday. It may have been even earlier than that, but I don't use fireworks very often.
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • EA_MakoEA_Mako Posts: 846 EA Community Manager
    Hey everyone, thanks for the tips and potential workarounds for this situation!

Just as a reminder, please head over to the AHQ Forums to report any bugs so we can gather the necessary info to investigate further.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited November 2021
    Fireworks got bugged when they released Cottage Living, when you are using fireworks the game checks if you are at a festival, but Cottage Living doesn't have the right coding for their fairs so the game bugs out: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-CL-Unable-to-light-fireworks/m-p/10583650#M195559 (as EA_Mako said, please log in to that site and click "me too" to show that you are having this issue)

Simvasion released a mod that fixed it in August (yes, in August), you can download it from his blog if you don't mind using mods.

Unfortunately very few bugs have been fixed from Cottage Living.

• ImagebearImagebear Posts: 46 Member
    I just realized that I already have the fireworks fix mod by Simvasion, that's why my fireworks lit.
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    Imagebear wrote: »
    I just realized that I already have the fireworks fix mod by Simvasion, that's why my fireworks lit.

Absolutely can't recommend Simvasion's bug fix mods enough. Fixed fireworks and the rocketship bug from Cottage Living mere weeks after they came out, while EA can't fix their own code.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,960 Member
    Actually I have noticed the jerky toddler bug with my toddler who mastered Movement. It seems to happen if they’re not walking very far. If their destination is further away, they tend to run, and the jerkiness isn’t there.