Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any fan-made versions of Maxis household/world/lot descriptions?

GameBoy2936GameBoy2936 Posts: 30 Member
As the title says, do any of you guys have updated and better household, lot and world descriptions? Some examples of what I mean:
  • Willow Creek's homes have very, very short descriptions. (example: "This modified double shotgun has plenty of space for a comfort and entertaining.") Houses seen later on in the series have been given much better improvements, and Willow Creek is missing this. Also, there are no descriptions for the Crawdad Quarter community lots (excluding Magnolia Blossom).
  • Also going on the topic of the base game, Oasis Springs entirely lacks lot descriptions. Not one home is given a description on it.
  • Many of the earlier packs and base game use shorter household descriptions. But the number one description I despise is the Rasoya's. WAY too short. The game isn't describing their personalities, friendships and ways of life enough. That's changed ever since we got to, let's say, Evergreen Harbor.
  • The world descriptions for San Myshuno, Brindleton Bay and Del Sol Valley have changed since their releases. Their original descriptions were so much better. Yet, not as long as the new worlds we have.
  • We need a better description of Britechester and Glimmerbrook. For Glimmerbrook, it makes sense that they want to keep the Magic Realm some sort of a secret for the players to discover. But for Britechester, it's using the official description of Discover University. It's not saying anything about the history of the town, and the two universities and the community it has. I think these two worlds need a better revision.

If any of you guys have made up your own descriptions for Maxis' worlds, lots and households, please paste them here! If you typed it up yourself in the game, go into the world description tab and copy/paste it to here. I think, if we can share our fanmade description updates, it will truly let the players know what the world really is about. And let's hope we can get the peoples at Maxis to see our fanmades too, if we think it's good enough!

Comments

• viola-illyriaviola-illyria Posts: 182 Member
    Funnily enough I was writing up some of mine today!

Here's one for the eternally suffering Pancakes (this assumes the household has Iggy and in my game they have a dog, too)

Bob and Eliza married young. They didn’t have to see much of each other while Eliza worked all hours and Bob went through culinary school and their marriage was better for it. It turns out never seeing it other is not the basis for a healthy marriage. They both thought a dog would be just the thing to fix their failing relationship. Then they thought the same thing about a kid. Now they have a dog, a kid AND a failing marriage.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    edited November 2021
    As a side project, I've kind of been going through and editing a lot of the pre-made households (I know many simmers do something similar)--sometimes their looks, but sometimes also traits, and I've been going in and cheating/changing some careers and skills as well, just whatever tweaks I feel make sense and make my game feel more integrated across the packs, that kind of thing. And with SOME of those, I've given them a new proper household description as well--tho you've certainly inspired me to go through and maybe give all of them proper new bios as well!

Couple examples:

pDYP4wV.png
    "Retired music teacher Eleanore loves meeting the new university students who appear in their little town each term. Gloomy former gardener Ekram on the other hand, isn't always as fond of the young adults taking over their quiet burg, preferring to keep to himself. Recently the couple's teenage grandson, Rohan, came to live with them to attend the fancy college prep academy nearby, as well as explore Britechester & help him decide which university he wants to attend."

5UJuyo5.png
    "Home Decorator Mele & Neighborhood Improvement Officer Alika are determined to make sure their neighborhood stays--& maybe even becomes more!--beautiful under their guidance. Top trend setters & policy makers on the Sulani scene, this ambitious, visionary Power Couple are sure to leave their mark on their island paradise home!"