The Modern Menswear Kit is available now! Picked it up? Head on over to the Screenshot thread to show off your new creations here
December 3rd - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!

What kind of community lots are in your neighborhood?

StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,519 Member
What do your sims go to most often?
Whats your favorite community lot in your neighborhood?
Do you have an original kind of lot? What is it and whats its function?
What kind of businesses can your sims shop at?

Feel free to share photos!
Will add mine when im able.
The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

Comments

• EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 660 Member
    My Sims most often go to any of the lots where they can buy the handheld electronics (cell phone, MP3 player, handheld game) and the games that can be played on their PC or game system at home.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,181 Member
    edited November 3
    Malls, Urban clothes' shops, (A multi lot with several smaller shops for many different type things it usually has an outdoor section where they can have coffee and a picnic, built like something you see in a tightknit urban area of towns) Bowling Alley, Restaurants, Hotel (they stay the night), Community pools, motel out on a lonely highway, theater with balconies, feature films and stage in one for plays etc., Low Dive bar, with pool table, and dart board, tv etc. Fancy bar with DJ and fine dining included in a dinning area. Furniture store, Curio store, where they sell weird and occult items. Grocery stores, such as a supermarket, and then just the neighborhood grocery store. Flower shops. I think that is about half of what I put in my main hoods. Plus maybe twenty to forty household lots, and parks etc. I love TS2 because if you build it they will come, and the imagination never stops. I rarely play in 'downtown' anymore, I can put everything I want in one big world where I will see all my Sims (rotational player) everywhere. :) Oh, and wait, I forgot the doctor's office (home lot business) and a community lot hospital, so many great cc for a hospital. And if I get the mod to work I often put in a riding stables for my Sims to go there, too.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958714/cinebar-custom-content-clothes-updating-links/p1

• WarGreymon77WarGreymon77 Posts: 126 Member
    I mostly go to the clothing store. But I mostly like to use community lots to meet certain Sims, to pair them up.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 3,280 Member
    edited November 4
    Nevermind. Wrong thread! 😇
    Werebeasts-v02.jpg
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 3,917 Member
    I play in Pitstop Valley (from MTS) with Desiderata Valley attached.

My sims hardly ever visit the premade Desiderata community lots. When they have outings, they go to either the Beach Promenade or the beach fishing spot. The beaches are definitely my favorite lots here and beach is also my favorite type of community lot. My second favorite lot type would be pool, but surprisingly I haven't added one so far to either Pitstop or Desiderata.

Pitstop Valley has almost more community lots than residents:
    - church (wedding enabled)
    - rundown motel (with disco, buffet, double beds and electronics selling station)
    - gas station (sells groceries, games, pet collars and magazines)
    - unfinished skate park (with invisible skating rink)
    - retro diner (restaurant)
    - Oldwest themed playground (generic com lot)

Residential lots/home businesses:
    - Afterschool Science club (Simlogical active school, Pitstop Valley teens only)
    - Police station (residential, sims rotate in an out)
    - Asylum (same as police station)
    - Saloon (home business)

All these lots saw regular use when I last played (my Sims 2 is on hold atm).

University (not added yet):
    I tend to send my students to community lots in the main neighborhood, to stop time from progressing. They only visit campus com lots to buy their YA clothing. And even that only because the shop from homes clothes rack doesn't support young adult outfits. Shopping just isn't something I enjoy to play.

Skate Park:

4230224064e33e449b595bd9f9dd973fde465eb9.png

Playground:

54992ea4f4b7458d6949f55022b7093b5281397b.png

Renovated hospital, now an asylum:

28ec407f1576336998f287ddf6ecc5f4b72c3da7.png

The beauty of Pitstop Valley is that it is supposed that 40 souls dump at the highway, so my nonexistent building skills don't look out of place here.
    my sims blog alternates between gameplay with the Villareal and picture stories with my Detroit (android) sims