The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We NEED individual railings and option to change ceiling

So many important things have already arrived in Build Mode, but two essentials are still missing.

Individual Railings

The way railings work in The Sims 4 is a nightmare. We MUST be able to choose which side we want to add railings to. These automatic railings on both sides of the stairs make it very difficult to build certain types of houses. Look at the railing across the wall and windows! It's horrible.

UdnrRE8.jpg

Change the ceiling

We also need to have the ability to change the ceiling, like in The Sims 2 and The Sims 3. It's been tricky having to deal with the same white ceiling on every building.

img
tenor.gif

Comments

• BridgetKVBridgetKV Posts: 200 Member
    I completely agree. The both-or-none railing option is super annoying.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    1000% agree on both points!
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,863 Member
    Yes, agree totally, both so very much needed!
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    Yeah, those double railings are a bummer. They look ugly sticking out of a wall and it's impossible to create a double looking stairs with it. Like I said in another thread, they make dubious design choices, like they hate the game or something.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,121 Member
    We also need Spiral Stairs in Sims 4.
  • MsMayMsMay Posts: 440 Member
    Agree, I also do wish maybe use an paint mode features (like in create in pets) to be able to painting our own from inside & outside walls, & ceiling. But I really doubt that gonna to happen in the game.
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    Oh yes. I rarely use railings because they look so stupid against a wall.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Oh don’t get me started on them darn ceilings….🤬🤯😭😤😫😵‍💫☠️☠️☠️
  • celipoesiascelipoesias Posts: 433 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Yeah, those double railings are a bummer. They look ugly sticking out of a wall and it's impossible to create a double looking stairs with it. Like I said in another thread, they make dubious design choices, like they hate the game or something.

It would be perfect to create double looking stairs, but the way the railings work really prevents that.

tenor.gif
  • EnnamoraEnnamora Posts: 3 New Member
    This has been such a struggle! Especially the railing. And IF we choose to have railings on both sides, let them not clip through walls and windows.
    I think originally during the development of The Sims 4, they thought that adding railings simultaneously on both sides of the stairs was a way to bring more practicality to the game, as that was one of the great initial proposals of The Sims 4 and its Build Mode.

The point is that they didn't think about what kind of problems this could lead to in the future, and that's exactly what we're going through right now.
    tenor.gif
  • vcosleyvcosley Posts: 880 Member
    I agree, I know there is a cc creator that could make that happen. I don't count on maxis to do this. We're still missing a lot of things in my op. I've been with the Sims 4 from the beginning. Now I don't play anymore I got board, It has to many glitches. We didn't have this many fix updates in 2 or 3.
  • HeathertibbHeathertibb Posts: 153 Member
    I also don't like the fact that you can't place stairs leading up to a platform, almost like a miniature staircase. All you have to choose from are full staircases and ladders.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Agree with you folks and would like to add the oft mentioned spiral stairs to the list. There are times I wonder whether they have a 'how many things that worked in the earlier versions can we break in this one?' mindset.
    Agree with you folks and would like to add the oft mentioned spiral stairs to the list. There are times I wonder whether they have a 'how many things that worked in the earlier versions can we break in this one?' mindset.

Spiral stairs would be a very important addition too.
    tenor.gif