Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Setting cc to be unlocked by purchase at a retail lot: can it be done?

I don't currently have any cc in my game. I have been thinking that a fun use for retail lots might be if the retail lots are the place where sims can acquire cc clothing.

It would work best if purchasing the clothing item at the retail lot unlocked it in CAS afterward. I looked in Sims 4 Studio and there doesn't seem to be an option related to locking/unlocking.

I guess I could also disable the cc items for random, and then remember not to use them in CAS for sims who have not purchased them. Am I right that cc items have a wrench icon in CAS that makes them easy to identify?

(But it would be so cool if NPCs at the retail lot also autonomously purchased cc clothing sometimes, and then I could see them walking around town in those items...)

Comments

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,961 Member
    edited November 2021
    To purchase clothing at a store you have to have get to work, and use a mannequin, unless they have changed it. I don’t use CC, but I assume you could purchase it as well off of the mannequin.

I wish they would have a simple clothing challenge that would open up each piece of clothing when you buy them for that household.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,849 Member
    I do have Get to Work and the mannequins.
    What I'd like to do is make it so that sims can't wear the CC items unless they have purchased them at the retail lot.