Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Kit Leaked: Blooming Rooms Coming November 9

1235...Next

Comments

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited November 2021
    So the first two kits of the season were announced on Tuesday, September 21 and released two weeks later on Tuesday, October 5. If this kit is releasing on Tuesday, November 9 we should have an official announcement today or tomorrow.

Alright! I give up. There is a need for more greenery in the game, but a whole pack based on them?

If it was a whole gamepack I'd be horrified 🤣🤣🤣 but I think it makes the perfect kit. I do enjoy making jungles and I needed cc plants. I think this will be a nice addition for 5 dollars. And many really wanted hanging plants.
    The idea of kits is giving simmers what they want or optional content where it doesn't fit into bigger packs. Imagine the next expansion pack came out and these plants took up half the pack. Wouldn't be very interesting lol
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member

I think I last played TS2 in about 2000? crocoaura that was over 20 years ago. Correct me if I'm wrong but TS2 was about the need system (hunger, energy, social, etc...), and TS3 was about emotions until TS4 came out with the mood system. I've been playing some sort of sims since TS1 with the aliens living in the space ship(?). That was eons ago for me. So forgive me if I forget some of the details about old TS releases. I've got the disk for TS2 and TS3 right in front of me and I can't remember the last time I loaded them onto my pc.

Sims 2 wasn't released until 2004.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I'm a sucker for plants. My first job was in a greenhouse and I loved it, although it got hot. That’s where I got my original Sims spending money. 😁 This kit costs 15 cents less than minimum wage was when I started.

I wish they’d redo the meshes for our generic bushes and shrubs in outdoor gardening. Strawberries grow low to the ground while sweet peas are climbing vines. Daisies and roses couldn’t look more different. They did a great job with the Island Living plant meshes. It’s kind of weird to see so much botanical diversity indoors when the garden plants look so wrong. Oh well.

I do feel kinda misled, though. This modern sanctuary we’re supposed to be cultivating was described as a build kit. I see no build, just buy. My brain still separates those things even though they’re not different modes anymore. I was really interested in what they’d do buildwise with plants.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited November 2021
    Alright! I give up. There is a need for more greenery in the game, but a whole pack based on them?

Not a pack. A kit. Mini collections that won't appeal to everyone. So you pick and choose the one you want. Or not.

That's true... but they haven't released anything but kits for the last few months so it's either kits or nothing...

So, good for people that wants kits...I guess people that liked packs because they added gameplay will have to find something else to do now if they want something new.
  • LaruhellLaruhell Posts: 48 Member
    On the topic of how we ''get to choose whether we buy kits or not'' i just wanna mention that whenever they release a kit they have to update the game, and pretty much every update so far has introduced new bugs. So not only do players that dont care about kits have to watch ea hype about useless content, they also are forced to have their games updated and messed with due to new inevitable bugs.

They keep yammering about how working on kits doesnt take time and resources for the development of game packs, but it sure does seem to take time away from letting the team ACTUALLY work on game updates that would add significant bug fixes. Like imagine if they could just focus on working on fixing game bugs and release an update every second or third month (obviosuly excluding major bug fixes that affect save files etc)? I dunno about you guys but id definitely prefer that route, and im sure that would also be a godsend to modders.

I just wish EA werent such greedy clowns that had to pump out as much dlc that they possibly can, and instead let the team just fix the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 game lmao. Like either give us actual game packs worth their weight or bug fixes/free basegame content, or stop wasting our time.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Laruhell wrote: »
    On the topic of how we ''get to choose whether we buy kits or not'' i just wanna mention that whenever they release a kit they have to update the game, and pretty much every update so far has introduced new bugs. So not only do players that dont care about kits have to watch ea hype about useless content, they also are forced to have their games updated and messed with due to new inevitable bugs.

They keep yammering about how working on kits doesnt take time and resources for the development of game packs, but it sure does seem to take time away from letting the team ACTUALLY work on game updates that would add significant bug fixes. Like imagine if they could just focus on working on fixing game bugs and release an update every second or third month (obviosuly excluding major bug fixes that affect save files etc)? I dunno about you guys but id definitely prefer that route, and im sure that would also be a godsend to modders.

I just wish EA werent such greedy clowns that had to pump out as much dlc that they possibly can, and instead let the team just fix the 🎃🎃🎃🎃 game lmao. Like either give us actual game packs worth their weight or bug fixes/free basegame content, or stop wasting our time.

I think people making cas items and fixing bugs are completely different departments. So if they didn't give the artists stuff to make its not like they will be given bugs to fix. They will just not do anything. They are always going to be working on making stuff like cas/build items no matter if it's for a kit or not.

And the updates they give us are not just pre patches for kits. They add other things too so we would have gotten this update regardless if a new kit was releasing.

I really wish for more bug fixes but the people that deal with that is in a separate department and all they do (I think) is fixing bugs. So making kits don't really do anything (unless it's a gameplay kit) to affect their work. I'm thinking that's why they have only been releasing cas and build kits right now. Because a gameplay kit would add more bugs to the already huge pile. I'm still wondering why they only seem to fix not even a handful of bugs with each update. When there is so many bugs that need fixing.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,377 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »

I just wish EA werent such greedy clowns that had to pump out as much dlc that they possibly can, and instead let the team just fix the 🎃🎃🎃🎃 game lmao. Like either give us actual game packs worth their weight or bug fixes/free basegame content, or stop wasting our time.

I think people making cas items and fixing bugs are completely different departments. So if they didn't give the artists stuff to make its not like they will be given bugs to fix. They will just not do anything. They are always going to be working on making stuff like cas/build items no matter if it's for a kit or not.

And the updates they give us are not just pre patches for kits. They add other things too so we would have gotten this update regardless if a new kit was releasing.

I really wish for more bug fixes but the people that deal with that is in a separate department and all they do (I think) is fixing bugs. So making kits don't really do anything (unless it's a gameplay kit) to affect their work. I'm thinking that's why they have only been releasing cas and build kits right now. Because a gameplay kit would add more bugs to the already huge pile. I'm still wondering why they only seem to fix not even a handful of bugs with each update. When there is so many bugs that need fixing.

It makes you wonder what the rest of the team is working on when the only thing they release is a kit made by some team that does not impact the development of the game.
    edited November 2021
    crocobaura wrote: »

It makes you wonder what the rest of the team is working on when the only thing they release is a kit made by some team that does not impact the development of the game.

Yeah, the fact that simgurufrost said so is weird, so what, if kits don't have any impact on the development of the game, does that mean that we would have gotten nothing during "season of selves" except updates? because season of selves have 4 kits?

If that's true, then their budget for the sims4 is really low now.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member

Probably on the next pack and updates too. I think the next pack is just delayed because of the pandemic and might be coming early next year. If it comes later, around the summer, then we might get more of the smaller packs than we usually do. So maybe two gps next year. Which I really like because more game packs means they can give the occult players their content sooner. Plus game packs can be really fun too since their content is more focused.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,377 Member
    logion wrote: »

Yeah, the fact that simgurufrost said so is weird, so what, if kits don't have any impact on the development of the game, does that mean that we would have gotten nothing during "season of selves" except updates? because season of selves have 4 kits?

If that's true, then their budget is really low now.

It makes no sense to have a low budget. The game sells and the development should have been ongoing. Makes no sense to put development on hold, especially as they don't release updates, bug fixes, or anything else.
    edited November 2021
    logion wrote: »

If that's true, then their budget is really low now.

It makes no sense to have a low budget. The game sells and the development should have been ongoing. Makes no sense to put development on hold, especially as they don't release updates, bug fixes, or anything else.

Yeah but it is, kits doesn't cost a lot for a studio like Maxis to make, especially since they are often outsourcing artists.

I agree, it makes no sense, it sure doesn't feel like something from a 200 developer studio.
  • LaruhellLaruhell Posts: 48 Member

Yea i know the bug fixing team is separate from the team that works on dlc, but my point was that when they release updates monthly, that usually means we get more bugs. Basically my argument was that i wish the team released bigger game updates less frequently instead of updates every month (quality over quantity), but now with kits being released as often as they are thats definitely not happening.

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    The only kit that I actually find appropriate & not disrespectful to my person.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    More decor items and no gameplay.. Woopee.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    favriel wrote: »
    I wonder if the rug is new. Doesn't look familiar to me.
    The rug is already in the game

Thank you
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • GreenTurtleGreenTurtle Posts: 153 Member
    babajayne wrote: »
    I wish they’d redo the meshes for our generic bushes and shrubs in outdoor gardening. Strawberries grow low to the ground while sweet peas are climbing vines. Daisies and roses couldn’t look more different. They did a great job with the Island Living plant meshes. It’s kind of weird to see so much botanical diversity indoors when the garden plants look so wrong. Oh well.
    This really irks me, as well!! Those giant crops in Cottage Living are beautiful, too, but regular gardens just look so plain in comparison.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited December 2021
    Wish EA would blooming release another gameplay kit.

stroller :'(
    nice screenshots
    Post edited by marcel21 on
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon