Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Kit Leaked: Blooming Rooms Coming November 9

Comments

• Options
    Darstep0301Darstep0301 Posts: 745 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    texxx78 wrote: »
    @Darstep0301 sims 3 is not obsolete. 8 years after sims 4 is out, sims 3 and its expansions are still selling at full price and the store is still open and selling.
    That will probably also happen to 4 when its development ends.

True and there is an reason the site is still up and running whereas the versions before it was archived within months. I prefer Sims 3 over Sims 4 regardless of how old it is.

I hope what you say remains true after TS5 is released "one day". But really, with all that The Sims 4 has to offer that includes in its game play what was in TS3 why would anyone want to play them over The Sims 4 other than the fact that Origin had yet yo get it's hands on TS3 as has been done with TS4 Goldmoldar and Texx88
  • Options
    @Darstep0301 sims 3 is not obsolete. 8 years after sims 4 is out, sims 3 and its expansions are still selling at full price and the store is still open and selling.

True and there is an reason the site is still up and running whereas the versions before it was archived within months. I prefer Sims 3 over Sims 4 regardless of how old it is.

I hope what you say remains true after TS5 is released "one day". But really, with all that The Sims 4 has to offer that includes in its game play what was in TS3 why would anyone want to play them over The Sims 4 other than the fact that Origin had yet yo get it's hands on TS3 as has been done with TS4 Goldmoldar and Texx88

Goldmoldar I take what I said about TS3 back and here's why. In TS3 you could buy a car and drive to your destination, you could see from your house the neighbors leave for work or whatever and you knew they were gone, you could become a vampire and live forever and have vampire kids, the library was the best place to study or read books. I guess what I really like about TS4 is the mood system over the needs system that TS3 does not have. Although you still have the needs system in TS3 (food, hygiene, social, energy, etc...), a TS3 sims can't be happy, sad, focused, or confident as can be done in TS4. But minus the mood system, TS3 would be a better game to me.
  • Options

Hey texxx78 I hope that's true because there has been a lot of our time and capital invested in TS4.
  • Options
    favrielfavriel Posts: 72 Member
    I wonder if the rug is new. Doesn't look familiar to me.
    The rug is already in the game
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Well, if we have to have yet another build/buy kit, plants are definitely welcome here.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited October 2021

I pray and hope Sims 5 is never produced or have it's beginnings like Sims 4, the reason some like the features in Sims 3 because it upped the creativity in the game. Sims 3 lost some connection with the Sims from Sims 2 but EA/Maxis compensated for it with features that let me create Worlds with editing tools that was all around unlike now in which Neighborhoods are behind an paywall and for me most of the packs have an gimped feeling. Now if EA/Maxis had allowed me to connect any worlds I have created myself in Sims 4. I can imagine the creativity it would have allowed beyond what it could have at this time. Yes, you can connect Neighborhoods but you are limited as the neighborhoods are static. I am all about how an game evolves from one version to the next and evolution in Sims 4 was not the best. I can't speak for those that never played Sims 3 or older and only can speak for myself. But I will not do like I did for Sims 4 and run out and buy Sims 5 if it ever gets developed being for me that would not be logical.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options

Goldmoldar I take what I said about TS3 back and here's why. In TS3 you could buy a car and drive to your destination, you could see from your house the neighbors leave for work or whatever and you knew they were gone, you could become a vampire and live forever and have vampire kids, the library was the best place to study or read books. I guess what I really like about TS4 is the mood system over the needs system that TS3 does not have. Although you still have the needs system in TS3 (food, hygiene, social, energy, etc...), a TS3 sims can't be happy, sad, focused, or confident as can be done in TS4. But minus the mood system, TS3 would be a better game to me.

For me the mood system is flawed, but that is not my focus for I am into creativity levels and features for if I could create my own neighborhoods or edit my lots or even create I wouldn't mind the flawed mood system. EA/Maxis made an half hearted attempt in City Living with the Apts which was in Sims 2 and some extent in Sims 3. Those areas will always be an sticky point in my criticism of Sims 4.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited November 2021
    Not me prepared to wait until they stop with the kit spam and announce an actual pack

1068ef70d15844016b4d0333009112cd.jpg

• Options

For me the mood system is flawed, but that is not my focus for I am into creativity levels and features for if I could create my own neighborhoods or edit my lots or even create I wouldn't mind the flawed mood system. EA/Maxis made an half hearted attempt in City Living with the Apts which was in Sims 2 and some extent in Sims 3. Those areas will always be an sticky point in my criticism of Sims 4.

I recently downed the Meaningful Memories mod Goldmoldar and texxx78. I am more in control of my sims moods. I have Lumpinous (?) Mood Pack as well. But the Meaningful Memories mod seems to make my sims moods last longer instead of jumping from mood to mood as is the case without it. And you're right about the apartments in TS3. I used to build them with the elevators that led to each floor. Now they (apts) can only be built in San Myshunno and even still just one "elevator" that really is a portal to just the top floor. Yesterday I tried to build a apartment in Willow Springs. The "elevator" wouldn't work because it was built in Willow Springs and not San Mys. In the end I could use it only to come home and not to leave the building. So I replaced the "elevator" with stairs. Now a sim has to walk up or down 4 floors just to reach the top apartment. So its just a overgrown house to me now.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member

I recently downed the Meaningful Memories mod Goldmoldar and texxx78. I am more in control of my sims moods. I have Lumpinous (?) Mood Pack as well. But the Meaningful Memories mod seems to make my sims moods last longer instead of jumping from mood to mood as is the case without it. And you're right about the apartments in TS3. I used to build them with the elevators that led to each floor. Now they (apts) can only be built in San Myshunno and even still just one "elevator" that really is a portal to just the top floor. Yesterday I tried to build a apartment in Willow Springs. The "elevator" wouldn't work because it was built in Willow Springs and not San Mys. In the end I could use it only to come home and not to leave the building. So I replaced the "elevator" with stairs. Now a sim has to walk up or down 4 floors just to reach the top apartment. So its just a overgrown house to me now.

There are some very curious design choices in TS4 that make it look like they couldn't be bothered or didn't think things through for the long term, the elevator and apartment system being one of them. Maybe they have some creator stimulus quota they need to meet or something, that doesn't allow them to repeat features, but in TS4 it looks like they went out of their way to create stuff differently from TS2 or TS3 where the features originally appeared. I don't mind different, but not so different that it doesn't work, that is just BAD. Elevators are no longer elevators, just spawn points. They were a mess in TS3, and are now an even bigger mess in TS4. Hope they get their act together and fix some of the very questionable design choices they made.
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »

There are some very curious design choices in TS4 that make it look like they couldn't be bothered or didn't think things through for the long term, the elevator and apartment system being one of them. Maybe they have some creator stimulus quota they need to meet or something, that doesn't allow them to repeat features, but in TS4 it looks like they went out of their way to create stuff differently from TS2 or TS3 where the features originally appeared. I don't mind different, but not so different that it doesn't work, that is just BAD. Elevators are no longer elevators, just spawn points. They were a mess in TS3, and are now an even bigger mess in TS4. Hope they get their act together and fix some of the very questionable design choices they made.

crocobaura, that was my point exactly. Why the change from what was working well with the elevator system in TS3 and change it to a portal system in TS4 that ONLY works in San Mys. Reminds me of the quote "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member

crocobaura, that was my point exactly. Why the change from what was working well with the elevator system in TS3 and change it to a portal system in TS4 that ONLY works in San Mys. Reminds me of the quote "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Ugh, TS3 elevators did not work. There was always someone stuck in them and the bars closed before you could reach them. TS2 elevators worked properly, had good animations, and interactions associated with them, wish they would bring back those elevators.
  • Options

Ugh, TS3 elevators did not work. There was always someone stuck in them and the bars closed before you could reach them. TS2 elevators worked properly, had good animations, and interactions associated with them, wish they would bring back those elevators.

I think I last played TS2 in about 2000? crocoaura that was over 20 years ago. Correct me if I'm wrong but TS2 was about the need system (hunger, energy, social, etc...), and TS3 was about emotions until TS4 came out with the mood system. I've been playing some sort of sims since TS1 with the aliens living in the space ship(?). That was eons ago for me. So forgive me if I forget some of the details about old TS releases. I've got the disk for TS2 and TS3 right in front of me and I can't remember the last time I loaded them onto my pc.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,865 Member
    So the first two kits of the season were announced on Tuesday, September 21 and released two weeks later on Tuesday, October 5. If this kit is releasing on Tuesday, November 9 we should have an official announcement today or tomorrow.

• Options

Yeah, I never bothered with the elevators in Sims 3 but more in Sims 2 as I liked the apts in Sims 2 as well If EA/Maxis said if there was an pack that we would give an refund CL would be gone.
  • Options
    I think the little orange and lemon trees are cute. Hope the other plants are more flexible and cand can be placed different places, and not just stuck to their shelves. Wonder if we will be able to water these plants.

Probably not.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    I'm guessing there are no new harvestables with this kit? Still pretty cute, but this is still yet another kit I don't think I'm interested in. :( Oh well, saves me money I guess. :D
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Told you there'd be more kits even if there's no more expansions or Game Packs this year.

Still, if something as vague as 'plants' is the best they can think of for a pack theme when there's so many thing we still haven't got, they're running low fast.

Personally I think these 'Kits' are being used to get out all the leftover ideas that they weren't allowed to fit into bigger packs.

You know what would be nice? If Bloomin' Rooms had Plantsim Gameplay. BUT no.

Did they say no new Gp/Ep this year? I wasn't able to tune in that day.
    I've never bought a kit and I won't get this one. My sims rarely have plants in their houses unless they are there when they move in. Yay for everyone who likes plants and will get the use out of this though.

Kind of like me. I have bought kits, but not the last couple. If it adds new things like bust the dust, then great, but if it looks similar to stuff in the game or if I don't use it, then I won't get them. If they black Friday then ,then possibly, but not anytime soon.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Can they just tease the next expansion/stuff/game pack already? I'm getting really sick of seeing Kits.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Not me prepared to wait until they stop with the kit spam and announce an actual pack

1068ef70d15844016b4d0333009112cd.jpg

Same, I'm over kits. I just want news on the next pack.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I don't think we will get any news on the next pack until December at the earliest.

And I think the next kit and last for the year will release at around the beginning of December (after the end of November patch) based on the recent pattern.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    I have a feeling we won't be hearing about a new pack for a while. Two more Kits and two more updates are planned.

• Options
    So the first two kits of the season were announced on Tuesday, September 21 and released two weeks later on Tuesday, October 5. If this kit is releasing on Tuesday, November 9 we should have an official announcement today or tomorrow.

Alright! I give up. There is a need for more greenery in the game, but a whole pack based on them?
  • Options
    Alright! I give up. There is a need for more greenery in the game, but a whole pack based on them?

Not a pack. A kit. Mini collections that won't appeal to everyone. So you pick and choose the one you want. Or not.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,918 Member
    Just perfect to my new flower shop in HoB :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina