Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Trying to create the (hopefully) most complete TS4 checklist in existence... and I need your help!

VyzuriVyzuri Posts: 44 Member
Hi all! I never post here, so I hope this is the right board, but I thought I'd see if you all could help me out with some things I still need.

I've spent the last two weeks of my life scouring the internet for lists of things to include in a massive checklist spreadsheet for people like me who are not satisfied with a "simple" completionist challenge and want to literally do ALL THE THINGS that are possible to do. I currently have 19+ tabs dedicated to various aspects of the game from every current expansion pack: Aspirations, Careers, Skills, Collections, Craftables, Businesses, Clubs, University Orgs, Social Events, Scout Badges, Holiday Traditions, Gaming Tournaments, Various Occult Perks, Object Upgrades, Traits, Achievements, Bookshelf Books, Other General Hoarding (mostly non-collection "collectibles"), and more... and I'm pretty sure I'm still missing things (Moods, Buffs/Debuffs, Degrees, and Fame Perks come to mind).

I do intend to share this massive project with the world once it's as ready as I can get it, and to try and keep it updated as more packs are released with applicable content additions, but I think I need some help with a few things, and also some input:
  • Should I include Hidden Skills in here somewhere? (And does anyone know of a mod to add them to the Skills Panel?)
  • Should I include temporary traits, such as the Skeleton life state, Celestial Crown buffs, and Childhood Phases?
  • Would you like to see costs included where appropriate (such as for food, collectibles, etc)? Many guides include this but I haven't been, so far.
  • What are the requirements to write a Travel Guide (Jungle Adventures) or an Interior Design Book (Dream Home Decorator)? You would think this would be easier information to find. Lol.
  • For Sim-written books of all kinds, does anyone know if there are multiple covers for the same genre (and therefore, technically, "variations" for each)?
  • Speaking of variations, this is where I need the most help. I've identifed, at minimum, 1,204 items that can be crafted by a sim in some way or another (even if it's just a Quick Meal). I am 100% certain that is not yet an exhaustive list. For instance, I do not have an exact count of paintings, since every list I could find was incomplete and likely very outdated. Many of the foods/drinks I'm fairly certain do not have variations, but do some have different results based on the ingredients used? My current craftable list is here if you would be so kind as to take a look and let me know of anything you see missing.
  • Is there anything else YOU would want to see in a way too huge checklist that I may or may not have already thought of, especially that you struggle to find elsewhere? Note: this is not intended to be a guide or a gameplay explanation. Just a down and dirty pile of checklists for just about everything you may want to accomplish.

Sorry for the wall of text. I'm super excited about this self-appointed project! I can't wait to finish it and maybe save some time for the rest of you who may eventually be looking for something like this.

Edit: I now have 33 lists/tabs - that's waaaay too many! The link in this edit gives a breakdown of the tabs and what they include (and some disclaimers about my intentions with this beast and formula compatibility with other programs). If anyone has suggestions on how to combine them lists/tabs, or sees anything else I should have a list for, please let me know!
Post edited by Vyzuri on

Comments