Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

November Patch Speculation 2021(Story Progression Patch Now Available)

Comments

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Working from home will slow things down.

Kits just involve creating skins. It's like custom content but we have to pay for it. Lord knows we haven't had any more gameplay kits.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Patch drops in 43 minutes!!!!
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    Patch drops in 43 minutes!!!!

Looking forward to the patch notes.
  • SimlishJanSimlishJan Posts: 2 New Member
    Anyone tried the Scenarios yet? I haven't updated mines yet.
    SimlishJan wrote: »
    Anyone tried the Scenarios yet? I haven't updated mines yet.

Fantazia has.
    https://youtu.be/WEpKir3b7P8
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited November 2021
    I still don’t understand why there’s never an option to decline stuff.

I’m hoping they won’t keep popping up asking me if I want to try a scenario!

I may delay updating until I have to 🙄🤦🏼‍♂️.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    I hope the second patch this month will be good. Best case scenario imo: The 'add dimension to your Sims lives' part is a memory system and it will accompany the townie lore update. But I know it's probably nothing like that. I hope it can make up for the lack of an EP this fall!
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I hope the second patch this month will be good. Best case scenario imo: The 'add dimension to your Sims lives' part is a memory system and it will accompany the townie lore update. But I know it's probably nothing like that. I hope it can make up for the lack of an EP this fall!

I was thinking that would make sense. Like what else would add dimension to sims lives? It could also be cars? But I'm not really expecting any of these things cause I don't even know if cars are even possible. Or if they would ever add a full memory system.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    I still don’t understand why there’s never an option to decline stuff.

I’m hoping they won’t keep popping up asking me if I want to try a scenario!

I may delay updating until I have to 🙄🤦🏼‍♂️.

No pop ups. Just another button under the existing new/load game buttons.
  • EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    edited November 2021
    kaiwrysims wrote: »

I was thinking that would make sense. Like what else would add dimension to sims lives? It could also be cars? But I'm not really expecting any of these things cause I don't even know if cars are even possible. Or if they would ever add a full memory system.

My initial thought when they announced Season of Selves was that "add dimension to your Sims' lives" was referring to the upcoming NPC lore & visual update. I hope that I am wrong & that the phrase is actually referring to something else.

My initial thought when they announced Season of Selves was that "add dimension to your Sims' lives" was referring to the upcoming NPC lore & visual update. I hope that I am wrong & the phrase is actually referring to something else.

Oh I don't really play with the npcs in my save and even if I did idk how that would add much dimension to my sim's lives. Except the lives of those npc households specifically. And I would have to start a new save probably and I only play in one save.
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member

I think a memory system would also be possible on a smaller scale. If we could just collect some 'badges' for important life moments in a new panel, it'd already make such a difference for storytelling.
  • FamilyFarmerFamilyFarmer Posts: 40 Member
    [quote="EliasVersace;c-18002956"][quote="kaiwrysims;c-18002922"][quote="EliasVersace;c-18002917"]I hope the second patch this month will be good. Best case scenario imo: The 'add dimension to your Sims lives' part is a memory system and it will accompany the townie lore update. But I know it's probably nothing like that. I hope it can make up for the lack of an EP this fall![/quote]

I was thinking that would make sense. Like what else would add dimension to sims lives? It could also be cars? But I'm not really expecting any of these things cause I don't even know if cars are even possible. Or if they would ever add a full memory system. [/quote]

I think a memory system would also be possible on a smaller scale. If we could just collect some 'badges' for important life moments in a new panel, it'd already make such a difference for storytelling. [/quote]

That's basically how the memory system worked in the Sims 2 and I adored it. It was especially good for storytelling of the premade Sims cause back then the Sims team actually went through the effort to make their back stories match up with their memories and left some mysterious hints.

I think a memory system would also be possible on a smaller scale. If we could just collect some 'badges' for important life moments in a new panel, it'd already make such a difference for storytelling.

That's basically how the memory system worked in the Sims 2 and I adored it. It was especially good for storytelling of the premade Sims cause back then the Sims team actually went through the effort to make their back stories match up with their memories and left some mysterious hints.

Maybe they will do that with the lore update 🤔
    Another thing I was thinking about is that they are probably working on Sims 5 right now and the lore update for Sims 4 might be connected to whatever story Sims 5 might have.

Nothing can make up for the lack of an EP this fall. Nothing at all. 😭
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Another thing I was thinking about is that they are probably working on Sims 5 right now and the lore update for Sims 4 might be connected to whatever story Sims 5 might have.
    That’s an interesting idea. 🤔

Sims 4 is meant to be in an alternate universe so do you think Sims 5 stay with that timeline? Or a Sims 4 character is made in Sims 5 and is some sort of adventure theme?

I remember a show called Sliders where the people kept going through time jumps but it was very confusing. I hope it isn’t that sort of gameplay.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
    That’s an interesting idea. 🤔

Sims 4 is meant to be in an alternate universe so do you think Sims 5 stay with that timeline? Or a Sims 4 character is made in Sims 5 and is some sort of adventure theme?

I remember a show called Sliders where the people kept going through time jumps but it was very confusing. I hope it isn’t that sort of gameplay.

I was wondering that too. Like if they would go with the sims 4 time-line or go with the original one. I think an interesting thing they could do is kind of have sims 4 in some separate time-line and have sims 5 follow the original time-line but kind of recognize the alternate timeline. And just tie it all in with everything. So to kind of make it make sense as to why there was an alternate timeline.

Yeah I don't really know what I'm talking about cause sims 4 was my first game. But I watched some videos on Bella Goth theories and whatever. So ik a bit about the lore but not much. Anyways with the lore update they could leave clues that kind of foreshadow to the lore they plan to put in sims 5.
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,614 Member
    I know they aren't releasing a new EP this year but maybe the next patch is a Get Famous Refresh (with bands hopefully).
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
    crocobaura wrote: »

This unless it's cars.

This unless it's cars.

I don't think they would release cars as free update. And whatever way they release them, they better be awesome cars with all the right animations and interactions. Anyway, I really hope to see a new EP later this year in time for Christmas. Kits are nice, but I want proper gameplay.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited November 2021
    Baby Patch could be the next big update.

Will Maxis release it in January 2022 (5 years after Toddler Patch) ? That is the question.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

This unless it's cars.

I miss your count down thread @catloverplayer but I think we'll get one in January.
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    Next Week is Late November and the Last Full Week of November meaning the Patch will probably drop Tuesday since Thursday is Thanksgiving.

Now November 30th the following Tuesday is the last day it could drop on. They did say in the Livestream there would be another Patch in Late November.