Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get Famous Free Trial [ENDED]

hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 518 Member
A trial for Get Famous is now available starting today, the 28th of October, and will last until Monday, the 1st of November.

The trial is now over!
Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
Post edited by hymnhehim on

Comments

• ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    For real? I'll try it. I am always down to try any of the packs I don't have. I tried the eco lifestyle trial and thought it wasn't too bad. I personally don't think I will be buying anymore packs because I have started to get bored with the game but I am always open to try a new one, maybe one of these trials will change my mind
  • lily_simmer10lily_simmer10 Posts: 2 New Member
    hi how do you install the free trial i cant find anything about it???
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,034 Member
    I really like these free trials, it's a great way to decide if a pack is for you or not. I tried Eco lifestyle and while that wasn't for me there are other packs that I might buy if I just got to try them. Get famous hasn't really been one of those I've been looking at, but I will try it out and if I like it I might buy it. Personally, I'm hoping for free trials of Island Living, Snowy escape, Cats and dogs or City living which are the ones I'm most curious about at the moment.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • kylieeferkylieefer Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm a bit confused? I can see that there's a free trial when I open up sims but there's no option to download the trial?
  • hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 518 Member
    @lily_simmer10 @kylieefer I think the trial isn't released yet, it can take a bit.
    Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
    @simgirl1010 WOOOOTTTT! Downloading it right now P:
  • FroilFroil Posts: 102 Member
    So I just tried out the free trial, looked over the world and the build/buy items and I'm kinda conflicted about it.

On one hand the world is... Kinda ugly, kinda boring.
    But on the other, I kinda like some of the build/buy stuff.
    I didn't really check out much of the CAS stuff, but the hairs (for male) are alright and there's this kinda cute jacket and shirt I put on my test Sim.

Part of me wants it just because there'll be new things and there are those few things I was immediately drawn too, but a greater part says no because of the world, which, again, I find ugly and boring.
  • Rabellaka_SimmingRabellaka_Simming Posts: 46 Member
    I really regret getting EA desktop now. I can't take advantage of the free trial. :'( I really wanted to try it out.
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    edited October 2021
    I'm tempted to try it out, not for any aspect of fame or celebrity, but to look at the build and buy objects. I also want to look at Del Sol Valley because I've heard pros and cons about its size and the number of available lots. New skills are always welcome in my though.
  • Simcity_TrainsSimcity_Trains Posts: 107 Member
    Trail on Xbox?
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    @Rabellaka_Simming Just a thought but did you try starting game and then click on Packs at the top? I can't check as it shows as owned for me but maybe if you don't own it the trial option will be there?
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Enjoy Get Famous, it's my favourite EP.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,853 Member
    Froil wrote: »
    So I just tried out the free trial, looked over the world and the build/buy items and I'm kinda conflicted about it.

I didn't really check out much of the CAS stuff, but the hairs (for male) are alright and there's this kinda cute jacket and shirt I put on my test Sim.

Part of me wants it just because there'll be new things and there are those few things I was immediately drawn too, but a greater part says no because of the world, which, again, I find ugly and boring.

@Froil I know a lot of simmers buy packs just for the build/buy and CAS but what did you think about the gameplay?

edited October 2021
    I am currently trying to make my sim version of the Pokemon trainer Milo (he has the same name as me hehe) become a famous actor with the trial!
    This is what the Pokemon trainer looks like in the Pokemon games, btw: GFD37Pl.png
    I think he's hot lmao
  • FroilFroil Posts: 102 Member
    So after giving it more time, I've come to like some more things in Get Famous.
    The Media Production skill seems really neat and I can see it synergize well with the base game Style Influencer job and the Social Media job from City Living and both of those jobs, along with the DJ Mixing skill from Get Together, also working with the fame system.

I've also been building up a bit and have gotten some ideas for the larger lots in the Mirage Park neighborhood of Del Sol Valley.

Guess I'll have to get this pack after all.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Trail on Xbox?

PC/Mac only.
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,034 Member
    I have been playing the trial and here are my thoughts:

Del Sol Valley: As Froil mentioned earlier it is rather ugly, and the number of lots are disappointing. 10 all in all compared to New Crest's 15, Willow Creek's 21 or Windenburg's 27. For a world that looks rather large 10 lots is way too little. For a Hollywood-type world with an ocean it is also disappointing that there is no form of waterfront lots or a beach of any kind.

Build items: Unless you are building a movie set (which of course can be fun) there are few items that would fit in any house I would normally build. They are mostly too extravagant for my taste. The exception being one coffee table and the bars. But that of course is my personal view.

The fame system: Of course playing for a few hours doesn't get me a deep insight, but I can see where this would be fun if you have a sim who wants to be famous, but that alone would not make me buy the entire pack.

The acting career: Now this was fun! I have to say I enjoyed the different aspects of going to the set and playing through the day and the acting gig. Would I get board if the gigs were too similar and I kept doing the same thing? Probably, but I did enjoy it.

Will I buy the pack? Not for one career and a feature that I might think handy with some sims on occasion. Build wise/world wise there is just not enough in it for me to pay that kind of money. All the fawning over celebrities also got old really fast.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Froil wrote: »

With the CAS a lot of the stuff is unlocked via actor career.

Use fansites to see everything.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member

Same. As much as I hate its world, it's one of the only EP that actually does what an EP is supposed to do, expand your gameplay.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member

Same. As much as I hate its world, it's one of the only EP that actually does what an EP is supposed to do, expand your gameplay.

Yes. It's the first version of fame that works with all skills and careers, rather than just performance careers and who you associate with.

It's nice that artists, photographers, writers, fashionistas etc can become famous too and that streaming/vlogging alone can get you a following and success.

I feel like it's more integrated across the board and more realistic.

This and the club system (especially rotational play clubs) are very well done and underutilised.

I also like that fame is harder to hold onto and that you have to keep working at it to stay in the spotlight.
  • Rabellaka_SimmingRabellaka_Simming Posts: 46 Member
    edited October 2021
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    @Rabellaka_Simming Just a thought but did you try starting game and then click on Packs at the top? I can't check as it shows as owned for me but maybe if you don't own it the trial option will be there?

No, nothing about it being free once I open it. And when I try from the webpage, it gives me a message that it's only available for Origin users.

Edit: while in game, it shows the world greyed out, and says it will be available when it's done downloading. But it's not actually downloading anything.
    Post edited by Rabellaka_Simming on
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member

The world should include a beach area and more lots, but I like it anyways. The "poor" street is the most atmospheric neighborhood in the game with 3 big nice lots to build.