Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Halloween Parade 2021

Since I was a child, I loved Halloween and Día de Muertos. This is one of the reasons I love the Sims: I can create the worlds that I imagined in my childhood, and play with the characters that I met in books, movies, etc.

I want to believe that there are many players who enjoy supernatural gameplay in the sims.

Do you celebrate Halloween or/and Día de Muertos in your game?

Share your photos of your occults or your spooky lots, ideas or facts for fun until October 31th ;)

-Although the Spooky Stuff Pack is old (and not the most popular) it is still one of my favorites: not only the wooden walls and floors are unique, it provides one of the exclusive activities for ghosts thanks to the Pumpking Carving Station <3
QKSiEZF.png

-Did you know that after more than 3 years of being broken, the cowplants dance again? (OMG, I waited years for the devs to fix one of my beloved features :| )
SNYAUWV.png

-I play a rotational save: most of my households are vampires >:)
hXnY114.png

-One of my fav lots to celebrate Halloween in my save is my Pumpkin Spice Café. In RL I think that Pumpkin Spice is one of the best flavors in the world <3
1YoYwI8.png

Comments

• SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    I too LOVE Halloween. I don't celebrate holidays too often in-game. When Spooky Stuff first came out, I had a Halloween-themed wedding. 🎃
    I was thinking of playing the Goths for the 100th time just for fun but I want to put Halloween Decorations up. Change the Season to fall too. My husband and I can't put up the majority of our real-life decorations yet because the weather would ruin them but I have been itching to fully deck out the front of our house... So I guess I can live out my dreams with the Goths for now.

Your creations are beautiful and so creative. I was browsing your Gallery a few weeks ago. Thank you for sharing your lots and this thread. 🧡💚🖤💜
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Awesome thread! I'll have to see what spooky shenanigans my sims can get up to this weekend.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    emere wrote: »
    Since I was a child, I loved Halloween and Día de Muertos. This is one of the reasons I love the Sims: I can create the worlds that I imagined in my childhood, and play with the characters that I met in books, movies, etc.

I want to believe that there are many players who enjoy supernatural gameplay in the sims.

Do you celebrate Halloween or/and Día de Muertos in your game?

Share your photos of your occults or your spooky lots, ideas or facts for fun until October 31th ;)

-Although the Spooky Stuff Pack is old (and not the most popular) it is still one of my favorites: not only the wooden walls and floors are unique, it provides one of the exclusive activities for ghosts thanks to the Pumpking Carving Station <3
    QKSiEZF.png

-Did you know that after more than 3 years of being broken, the cowplants dance again? (OMG, I waited years for the devs to fix one of my beloved features :| )
    SNYAUWV.png

-I play a rotational save: most of my households are vampires >:)
    hXnY114.png

-One of my fav lots to celebrate Halloween in my save is my Pumpkin Spice Café. In RL I think that Pumpkin Spice is one of the best flavors in the world <3
    1YoYwI8.png

I love your cafe.
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Think we'll get ANYTHING for Halloween?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    I love Halloween. In TS4, the way I celebrate it is by creating one new themed character on that day. This is last year's, Ryan Rancid

huKCaYM.png
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,877 Member
    My Sims have Halloween in the Fall. They don costumes, decorate a little and accept trick or treaters. Nothing huge, but it is in my game.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Loanet wrote: »

Don't know.
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member

...Why would we?

If I want Hallowe'en in my game, I'd buy Seasons, and Spooky Stuff. I already have Paranormal, and Realm of Magic. Vampires is available. The resources are there, if you really want them. If you love the occasion and want to observe it, then go for it.

I'd rather see updates & content applicable year round.
    I love Halloween. In TS4, the way I celebrate it is by creating one new themed character on that day. This is last year's, Ryan Rancid

huKCaYM.png

He looks quite the character. 🙂 Can't wait to see this year's sim.
  • GeminiRoseGeminiRose Posts: 9 New Member
    Does anyone think we're going to get a Halloween sale in the coming week? I've finally managed to put aside enough to buy Seasons on sale and now I'm drumming my fingers on the table waiting lol
  • GooseyGoosey Posts: 317 Member
    edited May 2022

Post edited by Goosey on

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,548 Member
    Getting ready for the season by mixing up some mischief. Chili. It’s chili.

WAom8Zy.png

This is the first time I’ve played a mainly supernatural save, and I’m having a blast. But how my supernaturals celebrate Halloween has been a question. I mean, all this mythical stuff is pretty much just a typical weekend to them. So, in my game, they will be doing the opposite of what we do. Where we dress up as witches, vampires and ghosts, they’ll be dressing up as doctors, police and *gasp* accountants, with occasional animals thrown in. I mean, what could be more terrifying for them than to be “normal?” I’ll try to do before-and-after photos of their transformations for this thread.
    Okay, so following up on the above post... What would my supernatural friends find horrifyingly normal? That's their Halloween costume for this year.

First up... Vlad.

9ODYJSn.png

Vlad's idea of terror includes fresh air and sunlight... So, here's his Halloween costume for this season.

cbuHp4w.png

Yep. That's right. Vlad's going to scare everyone in Forgotten Hollow by dressing as a farmer! Brrrrr....
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    GeminiRose wrote: »
    Does anyone think we're going to get a Halloween sale in the coming week? I've finally managed to put aside enough to buy Seasons on sale and now I'm drumming my fingers on the table waiting lol

I hope so, but at this point I'm not counting on it. Last year I bought Vampires and Spooky stuff in October at 50% off. I thought they were on sale all month, but I could be wrong. I was really hoping to get Paranormal Stuff.
    @cyncie Vlad looks so out of character. 😄
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    @cyncie : Vlad's costume is perfect! LOL. I'm scared.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member

huKCaYM.png

I guess he just undressed to befriend his bees? ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    edited October 2021
    I hope the OP doesn't feel like I'm monopolizing this topic. It's such a fun idea for this week that I didn't want to see it drop to the second page. Hope it gets more traffic.

Next up in my supernatural cast's "Horrifyingly Normal Halloween" is none other than Guidry.

s1Sbt6Y.png

Now, when our perpetually flirty ghost friend was trying to decide what horrified him the most, Agnes Crumplebottom first came to mind. But, even Guidry wasn't going to incur her wrath, so he decided on a different direction. I mean, Guidry loves to be helpful, in an exciting, paranormal kind of way. What could be more blandly horrifying (and apparently somewhat embarrassing) for this dashing spectre than this...

EJUwL9w.png

Working the furniture department at Sears. So dull. Wait.... is that a Murphy Bed?
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member

Doubt it, but it would be nice to have that "Day of the Dead" activity again. I generally ignore halloweeen, but that was actually fun. A couple of households actually managed to collect the full set of sugar skulls.
    Pumpkins for sale.

z7WWcoG.png
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    My sims love to dress up for Halloween and receive trick or treat guests. Sometimes they decorate more, sometimes less, they always buy a carved pumpkin or two from the flower shop, and sometimes they bake cookies.
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Wow @SimplyJen I need a Halloween-themed wedding! I had vampires weddings but they always more Victorian themed. Meh I do not have a porch in RL, but I love to decor my sims porch :D Hope the weather give you a break ;) (We need a weather machine in RL lol).

I'm happy you liked my stuff <3 I have replaced almost all the lots in my save, but I have never bulldozed the Goths house ;) It is simple and a little non functional, but so iconic!

In my save Alexander married a vampire, but his son is human (and a little mean lol).

@comicsforlife thanks <3 Oh, your alien in your avvie is so beautiful o:)

@Nate_Whiplash1 I LOVE Ryan, he is like: Enought dancing, now I need some honey! Great tradition: hope we can see you new character for this year :D

@cyncie oh please, post more! The topic is for everyone... even if I doubt about that "chili" >:) Farmer Vlad is EPIC!!! :D

@Oldeseadogge I second that... I REALLY wish we can have the Día de Muertos activity back or at least the awesome animation and transformation when your sim look at the full skull collection. Right now is somehow broken :'(

Old players know about this but what about new players??
    Pumpkins for sale.

z7WWcoG.png

What!! I did not know that pumpkins work with the sale tables!!! Thanks for this @simgirl1010 <3<3

@crocobaura now that you mentioned cookies, the Zombie Cake and the Terror Cookies are a most for Sims Halloween :#

FlD1CBe.png