Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 to Sims 5

Comments

• bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Do you think it's possible that they might just do a Remastered, Anniversary Edition of the Sims 4, rather than making the Sims 5?
    It happened recently with both Skyrim and GTA 5, so it's becoming a trend. So I wonder if they plan on just remastering the game rather than releasing a brand new iteration of the game.

Nah, the Sims Team doesn't have a Todd Howard to market Rereleases.

If Skyrim: Anniversary Edition sells well, I wouldn't be surprised if EA is tempted by the idea. The Sims 4: Anniversary Edition for 2024 10 years.
  • Lbphart3Lbphart3 Posts: 59 Member
    edited November 2021
    I my self kinda think they are moving on to Sims 5,With them just doing kits,We have gotton over 4 kits so for and one ep,one gp,and one stuff pack this year just feels like they'er slowly moving on.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    I think the focus has been on BG updates rather than new packs recently (which is no bad thing!), plus we are still getting kits. I believe developers have also said that there are still a few more years in The Sims 4. I have a feeling that if Sims 5 is released as an online game (as some have speculated) that The Sims 4 may be run alongside it (similar to how Sims 4 and Sims Mobile are being run simultaneously), but who knows?

Unfortunately I don't remember the transitions between previous games, but I'd hope that when the last pack is released that they tell us it is the last one.

There is also a recent job opening in the EA careers website for a Sims 4 environment/world artist, so I think more is to come. :smile:

Edit: They are also seeking Audio Artists:

"The Maxis Studio of Electronic Arts is looking for an Audio Artist III to join the sound team to help us ship upcoming packs for The Sims 4."

So seems there are plenty more packs heading our way. Not to disappoint those who are eager for Sims 5, of course. I hope when it does come that it is everything you all want it to be. :smile:

Generally, if memory serves, we get a release date for the next iteration while the current one still has a few months left to go. I know I stopped playing Sims3 over the summer months to play Sims2, just to reacquaint myself with loading screens, so it wouldn't come as such a shock. Sims4 I believe came out in September of the year. And I do believe I was aware that the Future EP was the very last pack.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • sulfurstylesssulfurstyless Posts: 100 Member
    to be honest, i want them to move onto sims 5. its like "flogging a dead horse" at this point.
    Ambitions > Island Paradise > World Adventures > Generations > Showtime > Seasons > Supernatural > University Life > Pets > Late Night > Into The Future
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Probably in 2025.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited November 2021
    I believe the Pandemic is mainly responsible for kits as one or two persons could work on them, from home without much supervision from above until any gameplay programming needs to be done.

I think that any Sims 5 will be held up until EA/Maxis finds out that Windows 11 will work properly with it. I've been offered it this November and it is ready to install on my laptop already. All the iterations have coincided with new OS releases from Microsoft in the past. This time I expect they will experiment with Cloud gaming with it as they are doing with some of their other releases.

It probably means less possibility of being able to play the older Sims games unless they update them. It took some time for me to get Sims Societies to play with Windows 10, plus others which needed an update from EA to work, I found.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    I'd forgotten all about that article on the new Maxis GM.

"It seems so long ago -- over seven years -- since Sims 4 launched," Ryan adds. "We learned a lot. We doubled down since then and the team has done an amazing job of adding to the depth and breadth of the game. Folks in the industry used to talk about having successful games that could live for five years. Now we talk about them lasting ten years, 15 years, or more. There's been a shift across the entire games industry to support and nurture our communities long-term, and we're committed to doing just that with The Sims 4.

Translation: Why dedicate 6-9 years spending money on game development when we could use those years to make money with a long-lived game. :#
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Do you think it's possible that they might just do a Remastered, Anniversary Edition of the Sims 4, rather than making the Sims 5?
    It happened recently with both Skyrim and GTA 5, so it's becoming a trend. So I wonder if they plan on just remastering the game rather than releasing a brand new iteration of the game.

Who's Todd Howard?
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member

Who's Todd Howard?

Todd Howard is a top executive at Bethesda Softwork Game Studios, who produce RPG's like Elder Scrolls and Fallout series. The latest Elder scrolls game is ten years old this year and has recently had a new re-release, when there have been three previous rerelease of the same game and people are still buying them, because the game is so beloved. Howard famously said in an interview: "We'll stop making them when you stop buying them."
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    edited November 2021
    Kironide wrote: »

Who's Todd Howard?

Todd Howard is a top executive at Bethesda Softwork Game Studios, who produce RPG's like Elder Scrolls and Fallout series. The latest Elder scrolls game is ten years old this year and has recently had a new re-release, when there have been three previous rerelease of the same game and people are still buying them, because the game is so beloved. Howard famously said in an interview: "We'll stop making them when you stop buying them."

Plus their games are usually very buggy in ways that it makes Cyberpunk 2077 bugs look tame, that said Bethesda games are still fun, "It Just Works"-Todd Howard,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPN0qhSyWy8

Anyways we're getting off topic, If EA releases Sims 5 tomorrow, I'm still going to get it regardless, might have to wait for their first Occult pack and they can have my Money, Family and Soul, none of those stuff matter to me anyways, I've been playing Sims for half a decade give or take, I can't quit the sims even if I wanted to.
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    I want them to move on to Sims 5 but I’m also afraid that game might come with even less than Sims 4 had at launch. I honestly don’t think they want to move on anytime soon and in a way I don’t blame them. I only wish I knew why they love this game so much… I love it as do a lot of people but EA loves it most of all, why else is it still going?

I wish they kept Sims 2 and 3 running for about as long but we can’t always have nice things.
  • shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 255 Member

You could always try living as a sim in a virtual world. OSgrid.org comes to mind. I live there and work as a musician and singer.

Great fun and you get to meet real people from all over the world in real time, from the safety and security of your own home.

OK, there is a learning curve but all software is like that, however I am talking about a completely free world to inhabit. No costs at all.
    The operating organisation is a tax free US 501c community benefit organisation, think high tech hippy dogooders.

Sims 5 is already here, in fact it has been around for almost 15 years and it's free to be part of ROFL.

• Darstep0301Darstep0301 Posts: 745 Member
    DevSims91 wrote: »
    I want them to move on to Sims 5 but I’m also afraid that game might come with even less than Sims 4 had at launch. I honestly don’t think they want to move on anytime soon and in a way I don’t blame them. I only wish I knew why they love this game so much… I love it as do a lot of people but EA loves it most of all, why else is it still going?

I wish they kept Sims 2 and 3 running for about as long but we can’t always have nice things.

We made EA love this game so much by buying EVERY pack or expansion that they released. You'd love what you were selling too if someone was waiting to buy it before you sold it.
    DevSims91 wrote: »

We made EA love this game so much by buying EVERY pack or expansion that they released. You'd love what you were selling too if someone was waiting to buy it before you sold it.

Most Simmers would try to buy every pack, however I only buy Occult packs and nothing else.
  • FrogeemsFrogeems Posts: 57 Member
    Alright but take a moment to imagine what Sims 5 could be like... I'm so hyped. I want the freedom of exploring the town like the sims 3 (without travel being just a loading screen) and the gameplay attributes (emotions, lifestyles) like in the sims 4. What do you guys think it'll be like?
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Frogeems wrote: »
    Alright but take a moment to imagine what Sims 5 could be like... I'm so hyped. I want the freedom of exploring the town like the sims 3 (without travel being just a loading screen) and the gameplay attributes (emotions, lifestyles) like in the sims 4. What do you guys think it'll be like?

It is almost impossible to know what Sims 5 will be about. For me the question will be, I have created a lot of precious Sims in Sims 4, will it be possible to create better stories in Sims 5
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Peral wrote: »

It is almost impossible to know what Sims 5 will be about. For me the question will be, I have created a lot of precious Sims in Sims 4, will it be possible to create better stories in Sims 5

We don't know. But ask yourself with each iteration were you able to create better stories with the new, so called, improved iterations? Most people other than some of us diehard TS2 or TS3 fans will say yes. Others like me or a devoted TS3 player will say gosh no, and why we love the older games more. Some of it's subjective. Some of it's fact. We all have to decide which game we feel is better for what we want to do in these games.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    not going to speculate so i will say this will wait and see
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Youtube has an early release video dated 8/20/2013, a full year before the release.

It'll definitely have to more than 13 occults for sure.
  • greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    I'd rather have Sims Medieval 2 then Sims 5. Do we actually know they're working on Sims 5 and not a spin-off, anyway?
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
    edited December 2021
    greydonn wrote: »
    I'd rather have Sims Medieval 2 then Sims 5. Do we actually know they're working on Sims 5 and not a spin-off, anyway?

Me too, Medieval is a master piece of a Sims game, besides, I miss my sacrificing 10 of my subjects to Death on a daily basis, it also kept the pit beast well fed, I figured that my subjects would know better than to live in place called the Kingdom of Death.
  • FlapFlap Posts: 200 Member
    I bet Sims 5 won't come before the TS4 10th anniversary. It matches EA standards about live services and monetization and also with what the SimGurus are saying.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    I was just reading that the new battlefield game has bugs and lack of content. I read that players are ready to quit and go to the competition. I hope when Sims 5 comes out they don’t have the same problems.