Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Looking for a world with one long road

I've been looking for this configuration for a while, nice scenery and one long road with places to build on the side.
The road doesn't need to be straight.
Has anyone seen anything like this?

Comments

• Options
    KkffooKkffoo Posts: 51 Member
    Answering my own question a little here, in case anyone else is engaged in a similar search.
    I've found a few user made versions of sims 2 strangetown which nearly fit my brief. I'd really rather have a grass landscape though.
    I'm trying to reproduce the feel of those 'strip' developments along main roads between towns in the north of england.
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Do you have a photo of what you are looking for like an example it’s hard to visualize for me but I do have a few worlds I play
  • Options
    Hi @GraceyManor thanks for your response. I'm finding it so difficult to find anything suitable. Older worlds might fit as i would like something simple.

1) A large world with minimum roads, my ideal is one long road, but a few turnoffs would be fine. I'm ok with a circular road round an island for instance.
    2) I want to edit the world so no buildings that I can't remove.
    3) As it has been such a tricky search I'm willing to look at any kind of terrain / landscaping.

I've found a map which would be fine Kauai-Road-Trip-Header-700x392.jpg

I'm really just looking for a starter map so I don't need to wrestle with CAW to make a landscape / road.

• Options
    Just in case anyone, now or later on is looking for something similar I've found a world which fits my requirements.
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9337181#
    Isolated forest on the sims 3 exchange, by @iButterfree
    xRwwpQV.jpg
    Maybe not a long road as I first thought of, but green and simple, with no major editing needed.
    This world was designed for a challenge, and it will fit really well for what I need!