Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realism for BG updates or pack refresh

Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,114 Member
edited October 2021 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I like more realism than occult things in TS4, so if you don't like realism for the game, don't hate me please.

First of all: ALL the proposed gameplay systems described below will have an option to beign deactivated, no matter if you place the item in your home as clutter.

Lawn mowing: like in the first games, random weed and bushes growing that needs a trimm. Introduction of functional lawn mowers for the main series despites Freeplay and other spin-off games.

BG update and enhanced with Seasons.

Water heaters: there's no water heaters in The Sims main series, despites the CC like Sandy's AroundTheSims. Water heaters will play a role with the plumbing items use. New interactions and moodlet trigger if a Sim flushes the toilet, wash clothes or uses a sink while another Sim is taking a shower.

BG update and enhaced with Eco Lifestyle (new solar water heater or tank item)

Wood chopping: Why all the off the grid appliances works without any type of fuel? Wood chopping will be the solution. A new woodshed (or the same from Get Together) will be available to store logs. Sims must have enough logs to use fireplaces, off the grid stoves, bonfire pits and grills only in residential lots. For community lots, this gameplay will be deactivated.

BG update and enhanced with Eco Lifestyle.

Wild bees or wasp encounter: like the sparks in the utility box from City Living, hearing wasp or bees flying nearby the Sims home will scare thems. So Sims must catch a wild beehive and place it in a empty beehive box. For wasps, kill it with fire.

Seasons update.

Roof gutters: the same ones from Get Together will play a role now. Sims must place some gutters in their houses to avoid water leaks from the roof. Also, gutters must be cleaned or replaced.

Seasons update.

Swimming pool cleaning: an intresting gameplay system from TS Freeplay. Sims will refuse to swim in a dirty water swimming pool. Water quality will decrease each day so Sims must have a leaf skimmer/net (the same one from Get Together) to clean the water, using a chlorine buoy or placing an underwater filter

BG udpate, enhanced with Seasons.

Clothes ironing: an optional interaction when the clothes are clean and dry. Sims can iron their clothes to have a very happy moodlet for several hours.

Laundry Day update.

Livestock manure: an option for cows and llamas. Instead cleaning the shed so often (at least, 1 time per day), Sims must clean the shed area from cowpies and llama manure. They can also use the manure as fertilizer.

Cottage Living update.

Wi-Fi routers: an update for some rural neighborhoods or worlds like the ones from Cats & Dogs or Cottage Living ones. Sims must place a wi-fi router in their lots to increase the internet connection.

BG update.

Composting bin: despite Ravasheen already did an nice work with a BG functional bucket, I think her composting bucket mod needs some adjustments. For example, retreiving only the fertilizer that we need. If I don't have oversized crops, why receiving a fertilizer for those? Also, a new model for the composting bucket. I've maded one based in Eco Lifestyle bug hotel.

BG update, Cottage Living enhanced.