Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any New Whims For Preferences/Likes/Dislikes?

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
edited October 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Wouldn't that make sense? Is Maxis going to revisit whims to include likes/dislikes, lifestyles, and or other deeper personality choices? Wouldn't it make sense the particular Sim with any new attributes would have newer whims? Does there need to be a new slot for the whims for preferences since the other whim slots were reserved for things like emotions and traits? I would like to see new whims to reflect the new things added to the Sims' personalities. Wouldn't that help to make a Sim more unique if their own whims were a bit different from any other Sim? I think so.

Edited to Add, while on the subject of whims, shouldn't whims be revisited to also include things that are in newer packs. The older games updated wants and wishes to include new gameplay objects or situational things etc. Such as buy a particular object, or maybe one for feed a chicken? I think whims should be evolved and updated to fit the particular Sim.
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Wouldn't that make sense? Is Maxis going to revisit whims to include likes/dislikes, lifestyles, and or other deeper personality choices? Wouldn't it make sense the particular Sim with any new attributes would have newer whims? Does there need to be a new slot for the whims for preferences since the other whim slots were reserved for things like emotions and traits? I would like to see new whims to reflect the new things added to the Sims' personalities. Wouldn't that help to make a Sim more unique if their own whims were a bit different from any other Sim? I think so.

It makes sense to me but for me I feel that Sims 4 has is about to reach it peak or already has when it comes to customization or adding any worthwhile features and all they doing is making kits now which for me is nothing major or if anything minor.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I've always played with the wants and or wishes system. Sometimes I filled them sometimes I didn't. Either way, it often led to some interesting unexpected gameplay. While they are thinking about 'improving' things or updating aspects of the game, I hope they will consider a Sim's wishes should be at the top of list to improve.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    There are CoL whims, but I agree, there needs to be more, and more in-depth whims!
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,570 Member
    edited October 2021
    I didn't notice any CoL whims nor have I found any in the code. Could you give an example, @WildIrishBanshee?

Last info we got on Sims 411 was that they are currently not working on improving whims.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    edited October 2021
    There are whims to talk to 5 critters (rabbits, foxes, or birds), whims to milk, whims to hug the llama or cow...oh yes, and whims to clean the shed! If I find more, I'll let you know.

Unless they're added through whimoverhaul, @83bienchen?
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    That's good to hear they added some new whims for the COL pack. I hope they will consider adding more for other packs and other updates to the Sim.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    How weird... new and improved whims was something that i wanted so much when i played 4... now they add new whims for this new ep and skip all the content in between...? There are so many packs that don't have any whim...
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    It was incredibly frustrating to me when they stopped adding whims and then put out that update that toggled them off by default in our settings. That was sneaky of them.

As Bienchen said, they mentioned whims in a 411 and I gathered from it that they know whims need to be revisited but they were totally focused on representation above all other things. And they said they’ll never be finished with representation, so it didn’t leave me with much hope for new whims.

I use Bienchen’s whim overhaul which was definitely updated for CoL, much appreciated! It has truly added diversity among my sims, helping represent a broad range of interests within them.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,827 Member
    I do hope a whims update is in the works.
  • SkyrryxSkyrryx Posts: 201 Member
    babajayne wrote: »
    And they said they’ll never be finished with representation, so it didn’t leave me with much hope for new whims. I use Bienchen’s whim overhaul which was definitely updated for CoL, much appreciated! It has truly added diversity among my sims, helping represent a broad range of interests within them.
    It's a bummer they will not update whims. Another gameplay element down the drain... :'(
    Thank you @83bienchen for modding the game. Whims Overhaul is essential for my gameplay.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Yeah, doesn't look like they''ve updated much. I like whims a lot (in concept anyway) and have been hoping for an overhaul for a while.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,570 Member
    @WildIrishBanshee: As disappointing as it is, but all of these whims where added with my whimoverhaul mod.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • ImagebearImagebear Posts: 46 Member
    There's also no whim for new traits after GF . If you have a sim that are Adventurous , Child of the Ocean and Freegan . Their whims won't show any personality .
  • CaitxcatCaitxcat Posts: 680 Member
    I don't think the team is going to pick up whims again seeing as they dropped them in 2020 sadly. Luckily there are mods that takes up where they left off
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    I wish they would update them. I play vanilla. 😁
  • HeathertibbHeathertibb Posts: 153 Member
    I really wish they'd update the whims as well, especially since I usually utilize the whims to control my Sims' actions.