Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dust bunnies despite dust not being enabled

Comments

• Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Is that a new save after you disabled it? If not, did you delete your localthumbcache file from My Documents? Sometimes game settings linger in a save even after you change/disable settings.

I have not experienced that issue, but turning it off is one of the first settings I change before I ever actually start playing.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Is that a new save after you disabled it? If not, did you delete your localthumbcache file from My Documents? Sometimes game settings linger in a save even after you change/disable settings.

I have not experienced that issue, but turning it off is one of the first settings I change before I ever actually start playing.

Most often it's the Environmental Footprint, like you turn it off, and yet you go to say the Spice District and it's all smoggy until you cheatcode it away. Despite it not supposed to be able to be there.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member

Nope, not a new save and I've had dust turned off for ages, this save never even had a dusty house in it! Weirdly enough, after a few had popped up and been destroyed, I've not seen one for a while so maybe the issue fixed itself but if they appear again I'll try deleting the localthumbcache file. I don't mind the dust bunnies actually, it's just the house getting dusty which I would mind and that didn't happen despite there being dust bunnies present.