Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

List of Semi-Occults

KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 441 Member
You know those things that are not true occults but are still not realistic? Can we make a giant list of them?

1. Actual Occults
Aliens
Mermaids
Spellcasters
Vampires
Werewolves

2. Sim-like creatures:
Ghosts and astral projections
Island Living Elementals
Infected plant people from Strangerville
Plantsims
Servos from Discover University
Patchy the Scarecrow
Father Winterfest
Flower Bunny
Tragic Clown
Grimm
Night wraith
Bonhilda
Jungle Adventure Skeleton

3. Sprites:
Paranormal stuff sprites
Island Living spirits (not Elementals)
Snowy Escape doll sprites
Snowy Escape kodama sprite
Discover University secret society sprites
Sylvan Glade sprites
Water sprites in the pond in Get Famous

4. Companions:
Cowplants
Spellcasters Familiars
Dust bunnies
Harvest fest Gnomes

5.Other:
Motherplant from Strangerville
Monsters under the bed
Motes from Realm of Magic
Emily the ogopogo monster
Voodoo doll
Seance Table
Post edited by KathMHughes on

Comments

• EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Monster under the bed (it appears on photos, so it must be real, not imagined)

Snowy escape has two: The doll-like spirits that come in swarms and the solitary Kodama
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,651 Member
    Tragic Clown
    Flower Bunny
    Father Winter
    Grim

• JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    edited October 2021
    Garden Gnomes
    Mother (Strangerville)
    The forest person of the new expansion - this person isn't a human right? I've yet to meet the actual sim if there is one, just had things 'said by them' as my sims were in the woods.
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • MelanieScribblesMelanieScribbles Posts: 161 Member
    edited October 2021
    'Raccoons' from City Living belong on the list, for sure. Like the 'Bears' from Outfoor Retreat, they're random townies in a suit, only they don't have the Tense moodlet and specific social interactions related to them.
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 441 Member

Snowy escape has two: The doll-like spirits that come in swarms and the solitary Kodama

I need to play this more! I have not seen that.

edited October 2021
    Nightwraith
    Astral Projection Caster's Alley Vendors
    Romance Guru
    edited October 2021
    Jyotai wrote: »
    Garden Gnomes
    Mother (Strangerville)
    The forest person of the new expansion - this person isn't a human right? I've yet to meet the actual sim if there is one, just had things 'said by them' as my sims were in the woods.

If you're talking about Creature Keeper Michael Bell, I do think he's supposed to have special, near magical skills with animals. But, he's human enough to have run off to San Myshuno with Marcus Flex in my game. I did not see that one coming.
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    How about ghosts in general?
    Oh, the dust bunnies.

I've never encountered the Night wraith. What pack is that from?
  • SkyrryxSkyrryx Posts: 201 Member
    @KathMHughes The Night Wraith is from Realm of Magic.
    Thank you @83bienchen for modding the game. Whims Overhaul is essential for my gameplay.
  • SiggDiggitSiggDiggit Posts: 145 Member
    Universitys "Secret Society" Sprites.
    2f8164094dfe843e371b34f5333b4dff1d96e006.jpg
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Living Statues in City Living, last I tried only interaction I could have with them was watch.
    The cake is a lie
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    JustMeAlb wrote: »
    Living Statues in City Living, last I tried only interaction I could have with them was watch.
    My sim is in a relationship with one. I think it’s just a costume. But they are still teens so I haven’t had her move in yet.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    'Raccoons' from City Living belong on the list, for sure. Like the 'Bears' from Outfoor Retreat, they're random townies in a suit, only they don't have the Tense moodlet and specific social interactions related to them.
    JustMeAlb wrote: »

Unless I'm entirely mistaking the purpose of the thread, I don't think these would count as semi-occult (nor would any of the other varieties of City Living "Weirdo" npcs). They're just normal random sims that the game has assigned those roles. They don't fill those roles all the time; many times they're dressed like and act like any other rando. There's nothing at all magical or otherwise supernatural or mythical about them, nor are they really very unusual in urban settings.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
    Ok, I've removed the statues because I agree they are just performers. Much like the mascots.

Are the bears and raccoons supposed to be townies or are they supposed to be bears and raccoons?
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,872 Member
    The bears and raccoons are townies in costume.
    The bears and raccoons are townies in costume.

This. I don't know about the bears (I've never encountered them in my game), but the City Living Raccoon Weirdos are (presumably) supposed to represent a certain subculture or lifestyle, I think, wherein some people emulate their presumed favorite animal either because they closely identify with them or simply admire them.
    Ok, bears and raccoons are cut!

What about magical and semi-magical foods and items? Would people be interested in a list of that?
    edited October 2021
    Skyrryx wrote: »
    @KathMHughes The Night Wraith is from Realm of Magic.

Yes. He stalks cursed Spellcasters.

Also, ROM familiars should count.

There are Fairies and something with glowing eyes in the forest of Sylvan Glade.

There’s supposed to be a Kraken in the cave in Sulani, but we don’t get to see it. It’s just mentioned in the text adventure.

cyncie wrote: »

As @Skyrryx said, the Night Wraith is in ROM and stalks cursed Spellcasters.

I'm super careful with my spell casting so that must be why! I'll have to reset my talent points and see if I can purposefully get cursed ...
    edited October 2021
    cyncie wrote: »

As @Skyrryx said, the Night Wraith is in ROM and stalks cursed Spellcasters.

I'm super careful with my spell casting so that must be why! I'll have to reset my talent points and see if I can purposefully get cursed ...

If you're on PC and use MCCC you could just cheat the Night Wraith curse onto your spellcaster to check it out. It's the only one I ever had, and it creeped me out more than I'd have thought it would. :fearful: Or if you don't use MCCC, you can do: traits.equip_trait trait_Curses_NightStalker
    Sorry. I was trying not to add too many posts because new things were quickly coming to mind, so I edited them into my last post while you guys were commenting on it. Added ROM Familiars and the fairies/forest beasts in Sylvan Glade (They’re dragons in my head canon) lol!

Awesome! This is coming together nicely! I just reorganized the list into categories.
    Love this list! Things are a lot more supernatural in the Sim world than it seems on the surface. I wonder if the motes belong in the “other” cateory? The game doesn’t explain exactly what they are but since Spellcasters can absorb them and there’s a cookbook called “Cooking With Motes” I think they might be some kind of magic substance, rather than a sprite type critter.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    Where do alien-human hybrids go? Under actual occults or semi?

And there's the helper rabbits, golden chicken and evil chicken from CoL. Might as well add helper birds too.
    I think the foxes, llamas, regular chickens and cows tend more towards realistic but they can do weird stuff when given the right treat (not foxes, but the way they look in cas... unrealistic for sure).
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr