Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Happy Simsmas 2021 Gift Exchange ~ Closed

Comments

• Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    LMC6255 wrote: »
    @BreeMiles

Thank you for the lovely house! Bradford Home looks perfect in Woody Lakes (A world I built with Hidehi back in 2018) Here are some screenshots of Bradford Home in game.. I used a couple of my Sims, Melissa Parker and her cat Georgie Parker.. Watching them enjoying their new home was so adorable..
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

Thank you for the wonderful gift!

Love seeing the pics and super happy your family is enjoying it!
  • Options
    Thank you so very much for hosting this wonderful and lovely gift exchange @ADWilson I had so much fun!
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    Thank you for hosting @ADWilson.

Great pictures everyone.

@LMC6255: Thanks again for my gift. I've been having a blast.
    :) Smile!

• Options
    SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    @Charlottekn Loved the pictures!
    @ADWilson Thanks for hosting :)

@everyone Thanks for all the amazing gifts that I can acquire...heh heh, heh heh, heh heh (rubs hands in kleptomaniac/burglar sim sort of way and slinks off in stripey top and dark mask)...
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    TODAY is the last day of Gifting Time!

Even though it looks like all of the Buddies are done gifting, the thread will stay open until late tonight ... just in case there are any last-minute gifts being delivered (either by Buddy or Lurkers).

Thank you Buddies for your participation, enthusiasm & creativity! Without YOU, this event would not happen.
    Thank you SamelaRita for your wonderful group gift!
  • Options
    HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

A big *THANK YOU*!!! to every buddy for making the Simsmas 2021 Gift Exchange another absolutely awesome one. 😍

And hip hip hurrah to @ADWilson for being a wonderful host and giving us all the opportunity of taking part in such a fun-tastic event. 🤗

Under the spoiler you'll find as always a few pictures of all the wonderful gifts that have been created this time ... in no particular order:

SFBloXW.png

tW7eznu.png

Qm3SWN9.png

LGp2pur.png

rR2WONm.png

DEu9Nkt.png

T3cZZue.png

GAFMoJo.png

e4ESCuW.png

xYGAONE.png
  • Options
    Hidehi wrote: »

A big *THANK YOU*!!! to every buddy for making the Simsmas 2021 Gift Exchange another absolutely awesome one. 😍

And hip hip hurrah to @ADWilson for being a wonderful host and giving us all the opportunity of taking part in such a fun-tastic event. 🤗

Under the spoiler you'll find as always a few pictures of all the wonderful gifts that have been created this time ... in no particular order:

SFBloXW.png

tW7eznu.png

Qm3SWN9.png

LGp2pur.png

rR2WONm.png

DEu9Nkt.png

T3cZZue.png

GAFMoJo.png

e4ESCuW.png

xYGAONE.png

Thanks for putting all the pictures together @Hidehi that was very thoughtful of you, they look super awesome!
  • Options
    @Hidehi The picture gallery is great - thanks for going to all that trouble.

I see you've been playing the renovacy...
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited December 2021
    Oh, @Hidehi, I LOVED your pics and comments!!! Too awesome!

I finished @SamelaRita's challenge in less than 12 sim days. She challenged me to set the seasons short. So, 2 days for the first winter and 3 days for each season there after is 11 days. Since the challenge is a year and a day, I wasn't sure how many hours to allot to the last day. Should it have been a full day or just a few hours? I thought a couple hours should do it. So, any way. The first part of my play through is here, for those interested:

https://cianesims.home.blog/story/y/

I've got all the pics taken and just need to write the story and upload the pics as I go. Hopefully, it'll be done before the day is!

Edit: second chapter is done now.
    https://cianesims.home.blog/story/y2/

third chapter posted:
    https://cianesims.home.blog/story/y3/

fourth chapter:
    https://cianesims.home.blog/story/y4/

last chapter:
    https://cianesims.home.blog/story/y5/
    Post edited by ciane on
  • Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member

Wonderful gifts! So great to see the participation and reveal as I’ve lurked in the background. Each gift a treasure for both buddy and others to enjoy. I’ve been rec’ing on the exchange and will catch up shortly. Love the montage @Hidehi which showcases everything perfectly. Well done everyone! 🌟😀
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @Hidehi: Awesome picture collage.

Great and awesome gifts all. :)
    :) Smile!

• Options
    @ciane That's an impressive time frame to get it all done in!
    Loved seeing the pictures as well.
  • Options
    I finally finished posting all the pics, so you can see the end result now. I will play them again in another world and see how they fare there.
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Been wanting to start a story with my gift, but I'm sick with some sort of cold, being tested for covid again :(
  • Options
    Sorry to hear you are sick @GraceyManor. Hope you are better soon.
  • Options
    @ciane Really interesting to see how the house turned out and how you used the space in it. Thanks for showing and telling!

@GraceyManor Hope you get better soon :s Poorly is No Fun!
  • Options
    HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

@ciane , I'm very happy that you've enjoyed the collage. Your story is an awesome read and the accompanying pictures are fabulous! Thank you so much for sharing :)

@GraceyManor so sorry to read that you are not well. Wishing you a speedy recovery and looking very much forward to another one of you fun stories sometime :)

@Puddinroy so glad you like the picture collage. I am sure you are having a fun-tastic time checking out your gifts :)

@SamelaRita thank you! I've had a great time putting all those screenshots together and by doing so I really started itching to try the Harper's Rest Challenge too. I'm not so sure if there will be a happy ending though ... >:)

@BreeMiles thank you! It's always amazing to see all the wonderful gifts together :)

@soocoolsim thanks for popping by! This year's Gift Exchange has given us another lot of awesome toys to play with 🤗
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    @ciane:
    I've been reading your story of @SamelaRita's renovacy, and really enjoying it. It's fun watching how you get them from enemies to friends.

Me, I always take a shortcut; chess. Every iteration of Sims it works to develop friendships, even when Sims start off as enemies; or when, even if they don't start off enemies, they are constantly inclined to be offensive to one another. So I head them to a park, and make them play chess with each other until they like one another. Fishing works, too. Got the Capp grandpa in Sims 2 to like Romeo by having them fish together.

You did it on hard mode, so I was amazed at how quickly you managed it. I'll have to take a deeper look at that challenge when I get the chance. It looks fun!
  • Options
    I used to have sims play chess together too @MiaSkywalker! I think Ackney-upon-Sherne has too many easy gardening and skilling places, so I'll play them in an EA world next. Right now I've moved onto Serena.
  • Options
    LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    @Hidehi I love the picture collage! You did an amazing job of presenting all our gifts!
  • Options
    @puzzlezaddict - I sent Serena to travel for the key and later found that she didn't need to go anywhere, but I admit that I haven't figured out where the last hidden switch is to open the last door. And, Serena wasn't happy about all the cleaning. She wanted to get a broom Hilda!
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    ciane wrote: »
    @puzzlezaddict - I sent Serena to travel for the key and later found that she didn't need to go anywhere, but I admit that I haven't figured out where the last hidden switch is to open the last door. And, Serena wasn't happy about all the cleaning. She wanted to get a broom Hilda!

Having seen your comment, I kept seeking and eventually got to the point where you are with Serena ... unless you've managed to go further @ciane

It certainly makes one think & I admit, my brain is not on full power so I'm taking a break in the hopes that inspiration will "strike".

I had no clue any Sim could ride brooms! Silly me. :p

Serena looks like she's having fun
    screenshot-3.jpg
  • Options
    I could not get the last one to trigger, so I just added a door next to the door that wouldn't open. Serena got a pop-up that she completed the "cottage" quest and she can use everything okay. I'm not sure if things where supposed to be done in a certain order and the trigger wouldn't trigger because I'd already done the action earlier or if the last action was just tricky.

In my game, Serena bought a little moped while on her first adventure to get the key. And she adopted a cat. And now she has a green dragon too.
    screenshot-3.jpg

• Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    I love the screenshots @ciane and @ADWilson ; it's fun to see a sim and cottage I created in other people's games. I'd like to see what you end up doing with the place too, especially since I deliberately left it kind of bare so Serena could add her own touch. The last part of the puzzle was supposed to be extra challenging, but as the note said, and as with the other steps, everything necessary is already there. If anyone wants a hint, let me know.

I personally have been playing with @MiaSkywalker 's Gracey Manor, specifically the fourth floor. I got stuck right at the beginning, for the silliest of reasons (not going to spoil it in case anyone else doesn't want a hint), but past that, my sims made great progress. The "tomb" contained an interesting story, and the reward is enough for a wealthy sim to live on for, well, pretty much forever, which I guess is the point.

The game also ran reasonably well while I was progressing, I mean there were fps drops, but not into unplayable territory, and that was with me playing on ultra at a high resolution. The only real performance hit I saw was occasionally when spinning the camera with the middle mouse button, which is not uncommon and something I can live with. I know people's systems vary widely; I'm just putting it out there that it did run well for me.

@ADWilson Thanks so much for hosting this, and thanks again for encouraging me to join. I'm very glad I did.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top