Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I won't learn, it seems. {UPDATE. The twins are here}.

NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,894 Member
Long story short (for a change) my newest young couple already has a (older toddler) daughter and got pregnant again. Instead of one, MCCC tells me they are having two babies. Yes, it's twins.

This is often the point where I decide I've bitten off more than I can chew and start a new game. Do I...
Post edited by NRowe on

I won't learn, it seems. {UPDATE. The twins are here}. 64 votes

Try to roll with the punches and have both babies.
82%
auroraael14GalacticGalalexspoom13AlexaihaloujaPlayerSinger2010Mi9shaoscarxoJessiStrangerthanAuroraBoreallisNyxLunaStarhaneulMariefoxprice83simgirl1010monjr8302MindofyDarkLady2788greydonntaydevduhboy2u2 53 votes
Reduce the pregnancy by one.
7%
loubyloulousnoepjes1210ClousinatorsFatTribble23VeeDub 5 votes
Start over with yet another single Sim
1%
Elisetom 1 vote
Other... ? (please elaborate)
7%
DaraviCAPTAIN_NXR7SimmingalCatzillaCalico45 5 votes

Comments

• VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Reduce the pregnancy by one.
    If you already have this question, I'd take it as a sign that having a larger family in rapid succession is likely not your preference to play. So yeah, I'd probably reduce the number in the current pregnancy.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    Don't forget, older toddler will be well into the child stage by the time the twins become toddlers, and able to help with cleaning and entertaining the little ones.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    If you are done with the family, restart by all means. Maybe leave this save on the side until you feel up to it.

However, I do think three toddlers is manageable in 4, especially since one with age up soon enough. If it simply isn't your preference, though, you can remove however many kids or cheat the aging. Plus nannies can be great for some relief.

If you do want to attempt to roll with it and still worry about the work with a nanny, I'd consider moving in a grandparent or aunt/uncle to help with the kids. You don't necessarily hear about it much anymore, but it does happen.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I would go with it, but now that I think of it I came up with another option for you. You could create a relative perhaps a sister or parents for one of your sims (use play with genetic in CAS if they don't have relatives already) and move the oldest daughter to live with them until you get things going smoothly.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    I simply don’t deal with kids in my game if I don’t want to.

If my sims become a dad, most of my them are run-away dads. 😬
    I do use a mod other than mccc that gives me options to prevent that from happening ( it simulates real life situations) therefore kids are quite rare in my game. I will let all pregnancies and births happen naturally as I don’t like to interfere in that process, but I will move my guy out of the house and start over. Sim mothers and kids don’t really seem to mind either way, plus she can keep all the money.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,946 Member
    edited October 2021
    separate the kids tragically by sending one away >:)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Lol @ the replies. I say you did the crime so serve the time! Roll with it and raise them! No running away!

But if you really don't enjoy playing that way don't force it. Start over 🥳 it's all about what is fun for you.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I have had a twin surprise once - newlyweds, starter home, new careers, first baby... And it's twins.

ONE baby they might have managed on their own. TWO was a LOT.

I had them move back in with the parents (and grandmother) for the extra support, and kept both.

I am very much a "this is not what I planned, but let's find a way to roll with it" player. Usually, it's the unexpected that makes for interesting stories.
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    Accept what the games gives you. It's realistic.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    You could always try aging one or more of them up to child and then having them die of freezing or overheating if you've got Seasons installed...they can also die from bad fugu, so...poison, poison, tasty fish!
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    Play with autonomy ON, first off. If you follow a parent to their work, cheat up the Toddler's needs and then disable decay. I have found recently that my Toddlers flourish when I'm not hovering over them every minute. I play with autonomy on Full, and I follow my Global Superstar to his many gigs. (He's a Rock Star above being an Actor, so he's very busy.) Most of his activities, happily, are in a Rabbit Hole, so I can fuss with his family, then. They had their children back-to-back-to-back, too. First born was a boy, second born were twin girls, then two more boys followed by the baby, a girl. So I have had anywhere from 1-4 Toddlers at a time. By not fussing, but making sure their needs are taken care of (I imagine it helps that their mother has the Full House aspiration and she's the best mom I've ever had in my game), the Tots are fine. The only times it's gone critical on me, is when I follow the celebrity to work. Long days, or nights at Plumbob Studios filming can plummet a Toddler's needs. This is when I relented on my resolve to never use the Needs Cheat on Toddlers. Had to, no choice, or lose them to the SS — I mean Social Services. Those nice, thoughtful, caring Sims who come take the wee ones off of your Sims' hands and tell them ever so politely, to get a goldfish, or some such pet. :open_mouth:

Try not to panic. Use the PAUSE button to queue up interactions, save often and take a deep breath. It's all going to be all right. And if the worst happens, roll back a save. I use the Save As, for each gaming session. If this doesn't work, go to plan B. By saving your current game, (I would take that family, intact) into cas.fulleditmode and from there save them to your My Library) OR, you can copy the save and place it onto your desktop. This should free you to take chances. If all goes awry, go back to that original save and change the number of babies <
    This option bothers me to my soul. You can always play it out that she lost a twin. This happens from time-to-time in RL, if you can't handle the load.

Bottom Line: Do what makes the game FUN for you. No judgment, it's your game.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Hurry and bake a birthday cake so you can age them all up to the child or older stage, they're way easier and faaaar less annoying than babies and toddlers.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Toddlers aren't so bad in 4 - keep food out on counters or in inventory for them, and Wabbit Tablets to the rescue! They can keep each other company too!
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,894 Member
    sKSkdo3.png

The twins are here. Aiden and Ashley Aoki. ;)
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    My Twins, Dylan and Zephyr:

51394113914_ee5b04c3a5_b.jpg

They are my two favorite sims, and they were born when I tried to get triplets. Lol.

Dylan is my creative twin and Zeph is my Genius twin. They both have the Sulani Mana trait, and they are both mermen. They were quite a handful to raise, but they turned out to be my favorite sims.

As identical twins, they can be confusing to figure out which is which at times. They definitely have different skill sets.