Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which game has the best soundtrack?

13...Next

Comments

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited November 2022
    The Sims 2
    TS2 neighborhood themes were so good

Ska music (It reminds me No Doubt at the beginning)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJfGHtsKblk

World music (Instruments from many countries, a beautiful musical travel)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gZLBdmE8ok
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    The Sims 4
    I almost want to change my vote to 3 for the radio stations, love that 90s feel to the hip hop station whatever it's called. But I can't remember what the build buy or cas music sounds like! It just disappears for me.

To this day, I can still hear sims1 neighborhood music and build buy music in my head and kind of miss it. Add to that, the tv channels. Used to love watching Bob Newbie watch his cartoons and relate strongly to the cartoons of my childhood with those silly sounds.

And one of the channels had a male announcer voice, some kind of action, that sounded to me like it said, "It's YOUR A(word for behind)!" that always made me smile.

I like the pumped up sound of the Sims2 soundtrack, definitely keeps a person awake but it can hrate after a while..

Sims4 has great music and channels, and some of them are so soothing they put me right out. Or else it's the game being so lulling, where nothing ever really happens? When I was having anxiety issues, I used sims4 to lull me to sleep because it both kept my thoughts at bay, and kind of kept me wrapped in a warm fuzzy blanket of nothingness, where the bad and unexpected would never happen.
    Not great for an engaging game, but great as a sedative. 😁
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    The Sims 2
    Sims 2 beat out Sims 1 for me - because the only part of the Sims 1 soundtrack I remember with any clarity is the Makin Magic soundtrack. I can still hear it in my head! Sims 2 though, is forever ingrained in my brain lmao. I started playing in '02 and jumped ship for Sims 2 in '04? so that's a lot of years of playing Sims 2 vs Sims 1 lmao. Never played Sims 3, didn't play Sims 4 til toddlers came along. I will say that I enjoy some of the radio stations in Sims 4 better than Sims 2, my sims usually listen to Retro (duh), New Age, and Summer Strut....but Sims 4 is the first Sims game that I have turned off build/buy/menu/whatever music on. I normally do turn music off on most games that I play, but not usually the Sims - I still play Sims 2 with music on when I load that one up.
  • hellohannah2hellohannah2 Posts: 839 Member
    The Sims 2
    the way that happiness just bubbles up inside me when I hear that sims 2 intro song
    s54gWQ5.png
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    The Sims 2
    TS2 neighborhood themes were so good

Ska music (It reminds me No Doubt at the beginning)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJfGHtsKblk

World music (Instruments from many countries, a beautiful musical travel)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gZLBdmE8ok

Wow that was a blast from the past. Great music! 😎👍🎉

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • AdamBurtSimsAdamBurtSims Posts: 37 Member
    The Sims 4
    I played The Sims 4, so it's The Sims 4. The theme intro, memorable and stuck in my head and stilll hear it now. Also the sound when building/editting.
    I'm a British Geek who love Bella Goth, Behr sisters, Liberty Lee, Summer Holidays, Pleasant sisters and other Sims wafius/girlfriends. And like his Sims cats.g8pvk4adgueh.jpg
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    The Sims 2
    I primarily made my decision based on excluding radio music.
    My favorite is Sims 2 as I enjoy the style of the music and it definitely is the more creative soundtrack. Very funky and inspiring and has an exotic sound. It definitely fit the game. I think TS1 may be a second, although I only heard it through audio playback; I never played that game. It has the instrumental style and surprisingly fits the game well. Sims 4 comes third although music in that game is hit or miss. TS3 is last as a good portion of the music can be dull.
  • RainKikoRainKiko Posts: 32 Member
    I love all the sim music! It's so relaxing to me.
  • ThirteenCatz3ThirteenCatz3 Posts: 3 New Member
    The Sims 2
    Sims 2 always
  • EcaEca Posts: 155 Member
    The Sims 2
    The Sims 4's soundtrack is not bad after all. I enjoy it. But The Sims 2... Something else.
    giphy.gif
    Crystal Cover from Tumblr
  • sonicgamersonicgamer Posts: 31 Member
    The Sims 2
    The Sims 2 soundtrack will always be my favorite.
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    I'm only familiar with the music of TS1 & TS2, because at some point I began listening to my music + podcasts while Simming, so the only music I hear in TS4 is the emotion stings. I like TS1's neighborhood + build/buy mode music, and TS2's radio stations.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member
    The Sims 2
    While Sims 2 is my favorite, I actually listen to all of them when I'm building. I have an iTunes playlist with allllllll the music from allllll the games. Took me a long time to collect it all.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    The Sims 3
    sims 3 build mode music.
    i build a lot and in sims 3 i always listened to the music while building and never got tired of it.
    not even after hours.

sims 2 music i like a lot too.
    but in sims 4 i never play with any sound or music o.o
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Jotaerre3DJotaerre3D Posts: 954 Member
    The Sims 1
    It's really hard to be specific to a single pack/ep's soundtrack taking in account all 4 installments of the sims saga, I loved and disliked musical parts from all installments, to be precise I love TS4 main theme and TS3 theme, (an improved cover of TS2 University main theme) and also like TS2's one, about what's the best or the worst, it's up to any single user's taste, what is the best fo you, can be the worst for me, and viceversa.

About radio stations, in TS2 I avoided stations like techno, hip hop or pop, instead I sticked to Salsa, Heavy metal and classical ones, but they were too repetitive until I found the way to customize them, also I loved the latin radio from TS1 with all those Brazilian influenced tunes, There are too much "great" and too much "not so good" sounds in all installments and their packs, and it makes difficult to select one, but if I'm forced to choose one specific and global OST for an EP, I'd say it's "The Sims Hot Date" soundtrack. (Loves all that Jazz) ;)
    Feel free to call me J.R., all my friends call me in that way.