Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you use the gender-specific doors ?

Comments

• DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    No
    Not anymore.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited October 2021
    Yes
    At public venues I most definitely do. In fact, it messes with my head if sims all just wander into the same bathroom. I appreciate unisex facilities but I need a sense of clarity in my game.
    Depending on the lot, I tend to build the male bathrooms slightly grungier too, assuming that the ladies’ is generally cleaner. I do love building public bathrooms. 😆

I only ever use the bathroom as a unisex facility when I need a couple to use the bathroom for ‘erhh….specific reasons.
    In those cases I would alternate between doors: I’d go into BB, change the gender specific door into an ordinary door, go back to Live Mode, let the story do its thing, go back to BB and change the door back again. I’m quite peculiar that way.

What we really need is urinals to help differentiate between Ladies and Gents.
    Urinals should come with an interaction such as “aim at target”.
    Slobs would always fail to use it correctly: they’d cause spillage and the target to fly off.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    No
    Never and I always delete any that come with any pre-made builds. It stemmed from a bug I always had in sims 3 of the wrong gender going through the doors on lots like bars etc and then getting stuck. So I then changed the doors to normal doors in sims 3 and it’s a habit that has stuck.
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    There's no sometimes option. I use them when building a gym so there's men's and women's locker rooms. All other venues I don't bother.
  • GeminiRoseGeminiRose Posts: 9 New Member
    Yes
    Yes. All my commercial lots have gendered bathrooms doors except for a few nightclubs.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,373 Member
    No
    I typically use unisex, but sometimes the context of the build makes sense.

I was trying to build a gay bar to recruit potential boyfriends for my sim, so I used the men's door as the front door. It didn't work. Only women showed up, and had a dance party outside. My gay sim is still single.

It was probably ladies night at the bar. :lol: I prefer unisex doors because my lots usually have one toilet. There is rarely need for more than one, so having two just for the sake of separate genders, especially when they use it alone, is pointless.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    No
    No but only because I never new this existed!!😮😮😮
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Yes
    Yes and No. Depends on the build.
  • SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    Yes
    Depends on whether it creates a routing problem in the building. If no, then yes. If yes, then no.
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    No
    No. They are incredibly annoying. If my sim needs to go to the restroom, I want them to just go -- I do not want to be required to put the walls up and check the door first.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Yes
    I use them if they are already part of a build that I download or already exists in the game.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,120 Member
    Yes
    Most of the time. Sometimes I just prefer the public bathrooms for venues.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    No
    No. I hate them, and remove them whenever I can, and rebuild the restrooms as one larger one, with urinals around a wall, with walla between urinals only because the option of a urinal in a stall doesn't exist. Or else I leave urinals out, because everyone just uses regular toilets at home, whether they sit or stand, so they can manage the same, elsewhere. So toilet stalls, sinks, and sometime just for fun, urinals in their own little 2-aquare room with a door if I have the space and just want to imagine that urinal smell for authenticity.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    edited October 2021
    No
    I typically use unisex, but sometimes the context of the build makes sense.

I was trying to build a gay bar to recruit potential boyfriends for my sim, so I used the men's door as the front door. It didn't work. Only women showed up, and had a dance party outside. My gay sim is still single.

Oh that's so realistic it's funny! Can you try using the velvet ropes with the bouncer and changing the criteria of who can enter, or does that only pertain to fame levels? Maybe you could make,a club like in Get together and specify..wait
    They don't allow you to specify orientation I bet. I understand why, too: same reasons as things like skin tone/ethnicity. Good reasons.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Yes
    I haven't for a while, but occasionally, yes.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    No
    I never use them in my own builds, and on pre-made or downloaded lots I change them if there are very few bathrooms. Gives the Sims twice the chance of finding a free loo.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    When I build public parks, gyms. spas. restaurants etc. I usually have both gendered and gender-neutral bathrooms and locker rooms.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    No
    I did until a Sim got stuck in the loo in my museum after I had just built it. I now only use them by using coloured floors to match genders in community lots. At home, always unisex.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    No
    Not really, but mostly just because whenever I HAVE used them, I usually end up pretty regularly trying to send a sim to the "wrong" bathroom and have to sit through their "uh oh, can't do it!" animation, which is annoying. Like, I just usually can't remember which bathroom is which without looking at the doors, and I often play with all the walls down so I can see better so I can't see the doors without putting back up so...it's just kind of a bother lol. If I DO use them (or, more often, download a build that uses them) I only keep them if the 2 bathrooms are stylistically distinct or distinct in color scheme or something, so I can remember which is which XP
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    edited October 2021
    No
    I play in cutaway view so I can't see doors most of the time. This makes sending a Sim to the bathroom away from home an absolute pain. How many times have I told them to use a toilet, only to have them pee themselves because I didn't see the route failure?

Well, not many really, because I learned how to edit public lots, and now replace the gendered bathroom doors with the any-gender door. HA!

I somehow didn't realize there was a difference, do the sims actually go into the correct door??
    They do. If there are gendered doors, sims will only go through the one for their assigned gender identity.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,093 Member
    No
    Like a lot of other people have said, it's just less of a hassle to use unisex doors.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    Yes
    Sort of. If I'm creating a public building, I'll use them as intended....but sometimes I'll also use them as a front door of a house
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    No
    I don't use them for most venues and community lots. I have a spa in my game that has them for the changing rooms.
  • RochertRochert Posts: 168 Member
    Yes
    Yes. But only when I renovate the pre-made sports gyms.
    I prefer the shower rooms separated by gender in the public venues.
    But this effort may be meaningless because sims don't mind hanging around with being in a towel .
    Learn as if you were to live forever. Live as if you were to die today.
    My Gallery
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,141 Member
    Yes
    Rarely, I use them from time to time, but it's based on the function of the lot and the estimated number of planned toilets, but I don't build much public venues lately. If there should be only a single toilet in a bathroom on the public venue, then I don't use gender doors or I use the all genders welcome door. If there should be more toilets in the room on the location then I use the gender doors, simply reason because, as a woman, I don't feel secure if unknown males could use the same room, where I'm in a vulnerable position there too. That why I made a difference between the number of toilets in a room on a public lot. There are too many real horror stories about illegal filming and uploading and more worst things. I know, that's not a thing in sims, but I can't just put the insecure feeling away when playing, I don't want this for my female sims. I hate it when on some lots the sims crowd gathered in the only bathroom to talk with sim.