Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If you have to choose ONE occult for 2022, which and why?

1235...Next

Comments

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Werewolves
    Because my mage is best friends with a werewolf, the sooner they can go on their adventures, and the better.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Werewolves
    Werewolves so we can get some body hair in an update. They shouldn't put it behind a paywall but it would make the most sense for them to be released together.

Fairies are a fine second but I strongly prefer werewolves.
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 441 Member
    Another
    Sincerely asking here, what kind of gameplay would you want with werewolves?

I like the CAS assets that would come with werewolves. And build/buy. But what do werewolves DO? Mermaids and aliens don't do much, but I don't blame the game, I blame the lack of plot around mermaid mythology. Other than sucking people under water to die they don't do much. And other than werewolves eating people and transforming, what do they do?
  • SkyrryxSkyrryx Posts: 201 Member
    edited December 2021
    Werewolves
    @KathMHughes Werebeast borrow their ability from the animal characteristics. So for a wolf, they are good at hunting, exploration, tracking, spying and stealth. Physically stronger. They can probably be better at collecting stuff and be less tired from physical activity, have a high regenerative metabolism, be less sick. Have a special connection to other sims in their pack.
    Post edited by Skyrryx on
    Thank you @83bienchen for modding the game. Whims Overhaul is essential for my gameplay.
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    Zombies
    I never even play occults. But I would love zombies, I'd love to play some apocalyptic scenarios in another save.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    edited December 2021
    Better aliens
    Fairwolves...?

Beautiful fairies by day, hideous beasts by night
  • Fairies
    Well, I'd Really Like fairies, I would want them Because They're soo pretty, I really Would Want the tricks which the fairies used to play On sims in sims 3, I also like Werewolves, Werewolves are cool, I'd not want any zombies, But I think I'd it is fairies for me
  • kad1116akad1116a Posts: 12 New Member
    Werewolves
    For those that say Fairies what do they add that you can't get from spellcasters. Besides wings and sparkle. I don't see too much of a difference to spend money or it versus something new
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    Fairies
    I'm not particularly enamored with fairies but simply chose them as the best option, for me, over the other choices. I know more occults are at the top of a lot of wishlists and hope they make an appearance for those who want them. I'm good with Spellcasters and Vampires.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Werewolves
    kad1116a wrote: »
    For those that say Fairies what do they add that you can't get from spellcasters. Besides wings and sparkle. I don't see too much of a difference to spend money or it versus something new

Well, if they give us True Fae, they won't all have wings or sparkle. Some will live in swamps with long stringy hair and mossy teeth (Jenny Greenteeth) some will prefer castle ruins high in the mountains and keep their caps red (pink?) with Plasma from unsuspecting sims (Redcaps) Some will be tall and graceful, gracious hosts - until you do something they consider an insult that you thought was only manners. Then they'll turn on you (Sidhe). Some have cloaks that allow them to become swans or seals (Selkies for the later), some can shift shape (phookas, Spriggans) Some look after homes (brownies, Domovoi) until you insult them and they leave... so many possibilities.

Even if we do stick to the Tinkerbelle model, we can have expanded classifications that get an extra skill boost for certain things related to their type - household faeries could be faster at cleaning and learn handiness and cooking faster. Garden Faeries could naturally have green thumbs and never have plants die on them, in addition to excelling at gardening. Maybe there are Music faeries who naturally excel at singing and playing instruments, and can enchant people to dance along to potty failure. And those are just a handful of things. Give me some time to sit down with the skill list and I'm sure I can come up with more.

And I say all this even as I stand on Team Werewolf. Because as I've said, the Faerie pack of my dreams is just too big to be a game pack, and I doubt they'd dedicate a whole expansion pack to Faerie. That and 2/3 of the Sims players wouldn't recognize non-tinkerbell Faeries as such even if they had a headline saying so.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    Fairies
    @DaWaterRat now I'm interested. :p
  • MouseTaterMouseTater Posts: 3 New Member
    Werewolves
    If they do Werewolves, it could tie into another World.

Brazil would be a good place because they have the legend of the Lobizon. That could solve a couple of problems with people wanting a new world with a greater culture with more game play that could give us a city on the beach. Along with Mardi Gras.

Greece originated the term lycanthrope so it would also be perfect for werewolves. That could tie into Ancient Greece since it was supposedly Zeus who created the first werewolf. (spoiler: He was angry.) Same story in Ancient Rome.

Norway, Iceland, Germany Ireland, France and all of the Slavic counties all have werewolf legends of come sort , But we have cultures too close to those already.
  • benphoenix19benphoenix19 Posts: 92 Member
    Fairies
    > @JunkyPoem said:
    > Since I can only pick one. Elves & werewolves would be next choices. Already got Strangerville for zombie tweakers, so no need for any more of those. If it didn't take so much to set up, I'd do a complete occult world, no normies.

I cant unsee them as tweakers now XD
    Fairies
    > @Movotti said:
    > Vampires need pets friends to pay fetch with
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > And keep well behaved...

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Fairies
    I think that if we get werewolves then they should be made to innately like vampires and vice versa
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2022
    Fairies
    I prefer fairies (and mermaids) and vampires, but I do love werewolves in general. I just didn’t really like the ones in Sims 3. If they do werewolves, I hope they are more interesting.

Still, I’m more into pretty stuff like fairies and mermaids. (I feel somewhat disappointed with mermaids in Sims 4. I wished they had some elements of Sims 3 mermaids.)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Fairies

I hope they eventually give us werewolves as well, but I’m glad that fairies are still popular! I love fairies (and I LOVE mermaids).
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • SimsQueerSimsQueer Posts: 103 Member
    Werewolves
    Werewolves just because I'd love if they could form their own packs, play with dogs, hate vampires, etc...
    Fairies would also be awesome, if we could make them all cute-like. I love making feminine male sims especially and that would be amazing.
  • CordovaFamilyValuesCordovaFamilyValues Posts: 13 New Member
    Better aliens
    I chose better aliens because I'd like to make some alien hunters, demon hunters for my game.

Besides that instead of "occult" can we have SUPERHEROS? I so want to make some superheroes, demon hunters, better vampire slayers, and things like that for the game.
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    Another
    Babadooks! I want families of Babadooks for pride month.

Or jub jub birds!
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    Werewolves
    I chose better aliens because I'd like to make some alien hunters, demon hunters for my game.

Besides that instead of "occult" can we have SUPERHEROS? I so want to make some superheroes, demon hunters, better vampire slayers, and things like that for the game.

if you want Demon Hunters, I have Dante or Vergil.

ddd4bf36e9d30ae9faf17a2feecde7f7.jpg