Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pre-teens and mid adults BG update

Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,114 Member
New age stages, differences between teens and young adults, exclusive traits for pre-teens and mid adults.

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,961 Member
    nah.

just make better kid, teen and adult stage....

ok also make better elder stage...

and babies and toddlers ofc i would love more to do with

and tbh even ya stage could be better if you really thought about it

but just in general game doesn't need extra lifestages they just need to better the existing life stages
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Simmingal wrote: »
    nah.

just make better kid, teen and adult stage....

ok also make better elder stage...

and babies and toddlers ofc i would love more to do with

and tbh even ya stage could be better if you really thought about it

but just in general game doesn't need extra lifestages they just need to better the existing life stages

There's no new stages since The Sims 2 University (young adult) so i think it can be a good way to enhance the live mode gameplay.

Also pre-teens were featured in Freeplay
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I would for one love for preteens to be added in the Sims officially if not in the Sims 4 maybe in Sims 5 because I think they will bring more fun to the game.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    How about giving the middle aged and elders a bit more love?
    Right now, adult sims seem to jump from 40 straight to 70, with no life in between.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited October 2021
    I wouldn't hate a preteen stage, but don't particularly want one. I want a "mid-adult" stage even less. Aging is not interesting enough as is to add more similarly flavorless stages. I want more stuff for the current ages first.
  • Options
    ArarineArarine Posts: 252 Member
    preteen is good but I don't want mid adult
    Wish more Recipe/harvestable/woodwork/craftableWish live in businessWish more interactive between sims and activityWish a lot of refresh and Better resize pleaseWish for another colour upgrade swatchWish for pool sliderFix the bug please
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I don't see the need for new life stages. Just flesh out teens and adults.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I’d like preteens. Right now all teens look like they’re the same age, what if you want 13 yo and a 16yo for instance ?
    Not to mention. Kids jump from like 7/8 year-olds to 17 year-olds teens.
  • Options
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I’d like preteens. Right now all teens look like they’re the same age, what if you want 13 yo and a 16yo for instance ?

Kids 6 to 10 yo
    Pre-teens 11 to 14 yo
    Teens 15 to 18 yo
    Young adults 19 to 30 yo
    Adults 31 to 45 yo
    Mid adults 46 to 60 yo
    Elder 60+ yo
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Nope. Preteens first off is a made up age category birth through 12 is a preteen, and they would end up as their own clothing category and have even less than toddlers and kids have at this point, the height difference would require an entire overhaul on the animations too. I would much rather resources go into improvements in many other areas, like better memories and sims not being head over heels in love with their partner again moments after finding them cheating, or an expansion that they’ve never done in Sims before or more refreshes on packs. I think they’re on a good track now with those. We don’t need more life stages, I don’t want sims with so many life stages that if I play on long they will outlive me. Beef up the stages we have, and make the game around them better.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    First things first……real babies, we can move around with, take on vacation, put on a blanket, walk with a snuggly or stroller et,

Children playing together without toys, more things like bikes, skateboards etc. for them.

A few more things for elders, walkers canes etc,

More things or teens, arcades, skateboards, surfing (most ages), proms, schools, other school dances and active clubs.

Then some new life stages.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited October 2021
    Nope. Preteens first off is a made up age category birth through 12 is a preteen, and they would end up as their own clothing category and have even less than toddlers and kids have at this point, the height difference would require an entire overhaul on the animations too. I would much rather resources go into improvements in many other areas, like better memories and sims not being head over heels in love with their partner again moments after finding them cheating, or an expansion that they’ve never done in Sims before or more refreshes on packs. I think they’re on a good track now with those. We don’t need more life stages, I don’t want sims with so many life stages that if I play on long they will outlive me. Beef up the stages we have, and make the game around them better.

I consider preteen an age between children and teen like between 9-12.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    We have so much adult oriented stuff. They can literally do anything and everything. Not interested in more focus on them. Added elder stuff would be nice though. Like canes and details to make them look much older like 101 year old village grandma.
    Couldn't make her without cc. And maybe some more unique stereotypical elder interactions.

Kids are the preteen. And they look older than ts3 kids. Personally if I could choose I would rather have a stage between toddlers and kids. Toddlers are just learning how to walk correctly so I assume they are 1 to 2? Then they jump straight to looking at least 10 years old? I wanted a 6 year old but kids are too big and toddlers are too little.

Preteens would be too redundant. Teens have mood swings (optional) acne and other things. Not sure what a preteen would bring because they can add more to teens. I think what people really want is a height slider. Because if you want to make a 13 year old teen and he/she is the same height as their 6ft dad it's kinda odd lol😅

I also disagree when a lot if people say teens look like adults. Of course if you age them up without editing then can look old and exactly the same as an adult. But naturally the game cannot determine what features make a person look older or younger. It's just a game.
    However, if you edit your teens they can look much younger. I love to have a variety of ages in the family so I have teens from 13 to 19.
    Of course height slider is needed to help with the authentic age variety look. But I doubt we would ever get an official one sadly. But as far as psychical features just edit them. Don't expect the game to do it.

Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited October 2021
    Besides things like canes more aging face masks and a few older looking walk styles I don't see a reason for another adult life stage. Now babies and preteens need to happen you go from a very small child playing with toys (though not many don't even have a bike) to a fully grown teen who can do everything a adult does as they are adults named teen where's the in-between
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    edited October 2021
    Mak27 wrote: »

Kids 6 to 10 yo
    Pre-teens 11 to 14 yo
    Teens 15 to 18 yo
    Young adults 19 to 30 yo
    Adults 31 to 45 yo
    Mid adults 46 to 60 yo
    Elder 60+ yo

I see a problem there.
    ThirTEEN and FourTEEN. They're already teenagers, they're not preteens.
    A preteen is anyone who is not yet a teenager. An 8 year old is a preteen.

Perhaps the better term would be Tween, for those beTween single digits and teenage years.
    But then there is also still the issue of language and culture. Sometimes 11 and 12 count as teens.

Nope. Preteens first off is a made up age category birth through 12 is a preteen,
    Yep
    and they would end up as their own clothing category and have even less than toddlers and kids have at this point, the height difference would require an entire overhaul on the animations too.
    That's the big issues that very few are willing to address
    I would much rather resources go into improvements in many other areas, like better memories and sims not being head over heels in love with their partner again moments after finding them cheating, or an expansion that they’ve never done in Sims before or more refreshes on packs. I think they’re on a good track now with those. We don’t need more life stages, I don’t want sims with so many life stages that if I play on long they will outlive me. Beef up the stages we have, and make the game around them better.
    Well... they could add more stages for adults and elders. Middle age, venerable, etc. But that could also help with more reason to add more partner related interactions, reactions, and stuff. Eg, the middle age guy, seeking out a trophy wife, cheating on his current wife. Or the venerable couple who are as in love today as they were on their wedding day.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,961 Member
    edited October 2021
    Movotti wrote: »

Kids 6 to 10 yo
    Pre-teens 11 to 14 yo
    Teens 15 to 18 yo
    Young adults 19 to 30 yo
    Adults 31 to 45 yo
    Mid adults 46 to 60 yo
    Elder 60+ yo

I see a problem there.
    ThirTEEN and FourTEEN. They're already teenagers, they're not preteens.
    A preteen is anyone who is not yet a teenager. An 8 year old is a preteen.

Perhaps the better term would be Tween, for those beTween single digits and teenage years.
    But then there is also still the issue of language and culture. Sometimes 11 and 12 count as teens.

to me I've always interpret it as
    6-12 = child
    13 -17 = teen
    18 - idk = young adult

where i live theres always been school level change between 12- 13 yo so thats why

and i kind of feel like id be hit by tomato if i called 6 years old a toddler :sweat_smile:

and at 18 you're legally adult so = young adult

i leave line between young adult and adult blurry because I feel it changes person to person when they start looking older and acting more mature and i also feel same way about adult - elder stage
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    AvatarBoyAvatarBoy Posts: 1,147 Member
    In case no one was aware, we sort of already have pre-teens. It's generalized in game.. but, toddlers in reality range from.. I'd say 3-7'ish, & kids-pre-teens, 8-12? maybe? I also say this because.. in the Sims freeplay game, or one of those. I forget, they replace the child stage with pre-teen, there is no child before it. So really.. we technically already have them, they're just by another name; Maybe the smart thing would be for The Sims team to give certain activities based on age, or have some kind of in game age story progression. Maybe give them a slight growth spurt, but not super noticeable, due to game mechanics. Something that incorporates their age, maturity etc.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    Nope. Preteens first off is a made up age category birth through 12 is a preteen,
    Yep
    Nope.

Preadolescence, also commonly known as pre-teen, is a stage of human development following early childhood and preceding adolescence. It commonly ends with the beginning of puberty but may also be defined as ending with the start of the teenage years. For example, the age range is commonly designated as 10–13 years.

1920px-Child_development_stages.svg.png
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited November 2021

Kids 6 to 10 yo
    Pre-teens 11 to 14 yo
    Teens 15 to 18 yo
    Young adults 19 to 30 yo
    Adults 31 to 45 yo
    Mid adults 46 to 60 yo
    Elder 60+ yo

I think preteen is 9-12, young adult is 18/19/20-34, adult (middle age) is 35-49, mid adult (quinquagenary/climacteric) is 50-59/60

But here comes the problem, now many 13, 14 and 15 yr teenagers are the same height as adults, but they still have obvious childish faces. 18 and 19 yr can be considered a teenager or a young adult (according to the degree of socialization, this age is still in school in most areas. This way I think of some dynasties that can get married at the age of 13). There are also obvious differences in appearance between 60 yr and 80 yr.
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,036 Member
    edited November 2021
    Personally I'm good with the age groups that are, but I would want them more fleshed out and different. For instance teens-elders are almost all the same - the same aspirations, the same clothes, the same skills... Teens have a bit more to flesh them out if you have parenthood, but otherwise not really.
    • What if there were aspirations that were tied to each life stage, only available for those life stages?
    • What if there were activities and social interactions that were age specific?
    • What if whims were different for each life stage - and more prominent for some life stages (i.e. tied to impulse control which increases with age)?
    • What if the needs were different (decayed at a different rate) for each life stage? Such as need for social interaction being greater for teens and young adults than the other ages, or focus as a mood lasting shorter periods of time.
    • What if social relationships decayed at different speeds at different ages? Teens would form friendships and romances really fast - but they'd decay fast as well and quickly turn to dislike with an argument or two, while adults and elders would form friendships and romances much more slowly - but they'd decay much more slowly (or not at all when reaching the elder stage).
    • What if there were more activities tied to elders, especially tied to grand children and taking care or spending time with them?
    • What if there were traits that were gained from aging up that are previously hidden? Things like grandparent trait - the sim can then nag kids about having kids of their own. Tell their kids how to be a parent. Spoil their grandchildren. Brag about grandchildren. Grumpy trait - the "keep off my lawn" kind of elder. Bitter - for those who didn't have a good life or spent much time unhappy or didn't fulfil their aspiration, or the other way around for someone who has lived a fulfilling life...

So no, I definitely do not need a mid-adult stage, and while I could live with a pre-teen age I don't really need it. Just give me better ages of the ones we do have. Especially to our elders!
    Post edited by JAL on
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I'm all for preteens and middle aged sims because to there's been a huge gap between kids and teens for far to long. Middle aged Sims the children are finally out of the house she's not to old to be considered an elder but they can have the option to retire and enjoy life like go on vacation, have their own business take care of their elderly parents. Become a cougar or sugar daddy. Have a midlife crisis Moodlet.