Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The One Thing in TS4 I'm Not Disappointed About.

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
edited October 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
This is a positive thread. :D There are many things about what we like about TS4. There are many threads about what we don't like or what we felt missed the mark and could have been done differently (in our opinions).

However, name the one thing that doesn't disappoint you in TS4. Fun! right? Don't weigh any thing against your most favorite things or EP or GP etc. but whatever is the first thing that pops into your head. Name only one. Just one.

I will start, because this is the first thing that popped into my head at this moment in time.

The music from the Vampire pack. It hits the mark and I love it right up there with the tunes from Makin' Magic from TS1. I really love the songs/music in that pack. Perfect. Especially when building. Thank you to the producer or whomever it was that ok-ed the music in Vampires' pack.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Even though there are things I would love to see in CAS and build mode I like that I can do more in CAS and build mode. I like that I can have tall walls and cathedral ceilings. Cathedral ceilings follow the pitch of the roof which means I can build a great room with a cathedral ceiling and have the rest of the house with different ceiling heights complimenting the great room in a build. With CAS I can change the shape of the nose mouth eyes etc in CAS much easier in Sims 4.

@Cinebar I like the music from Vampires too.

I'm ok with no vaulted ceilings without mods or spiral staircases but I would like to believe eventually we'll have them in the game for the builders out there
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • WritingAndSimmingWritingAndSimming Posts: 21 Member
    I definitely agree with both above opinions.

Another that came to my mind was the holiday and calendar features that came with Seasons. I love being able to schedule events and make holidays, and just generally see the weather that's coming up. It's also nice to be able to see birthdays and my sims' work schedules.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    My favorite things are the ability to shrink/enlarge objects, raise objects, move windows/doors off grid, and mostly the ability to actually "search by name" to find things!
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I like the interaction where you can "trash talk" another sim. After your sim does this, the other sim will go to the other sim and yell at them.
    I also like the Hookup interaction, where you can suggest a sim start dating another sim, and then they will start dating.
    Anything that adds more drama in my game :D
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    CAS and build is the best its ever been, imo
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Honestly, the art style. Especially coming off of 3, the most hideous Sims to date in my opinion, I was really looking forward to making Sims that I liked the looks of again. Instead of "she's ugly, but those exaggerated features mean I can tell her apart so she'll do," it looked like I could finally make some really cute Sims from the prerelease info.

I even preordered the deluxe version of 4.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    edited October 2021
    TODDLERS! ♥️

ETA: There's so much more I'm not disappointed with but toddlers top the list.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    That's a no-brainer for me. Vampires. ❤️ They are the best thing to ever happen to my Sims game. And I totally agree about the music, it's beautiful, it reminds me a little of Midnight Syndicate. I also really, really like the Strangerville music too.
    #Team Occult
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I generally like TS4. When I'm playing one of the households and it is really interesting me or I'm just enjoying a relaxed day with my sim enjoying the little world that has been created, it's great. I'll take in some details or come up with more about how I want to play. Later, I'll switch it up and go to a different household in the same save.

Also, when my save has come together and my current sims run into other sims of mine resulting in new & quirky gameplay, it's great.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • BridgetKVBridgetKV Posts: 200 Member
    Caleb Vatore Vampires. I love the vampires in The Sims 4.

CAS and Build/Buy have also spoiled me. ^-^ It's always an adjustment when I go back to 2 and 3.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited October 2021
    I have to assume that this thread is intended for players who are fans of the older games and might even prefer them. That isn't me, though. I didn't play the first 2 (no interest) and found the 3rd one too boring to play more than a few weeks.

I personally find it difficult to be disappointed about anything in Sims 4 because I didn't go into it with any certain hopes or expectations in the first place. That doesn't mean I think this game is perfect (far from it), but I don't think I can claim to be disappointed by it if I'm still playing it beyond the first couple years or after I got it. :lol:

There are a lot of things I don't like, and a lot of things I do like. Too many to mention on both sides. But one thing that never fails to charm me is the animations used for hand gestures during conversations. I don't know why, precisely. Maybe I'm just very familiar and comfortable with people who gesticulate in similar ways while they talk.

Edited for clarity.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Ambient sounds! I love hearing the wind blowing through the trees, rain, thunder, lightening, waves crashing on the shore, waterfalls, birds calling, coyotes howling, bicycles, Sixam plant when it snaps it's jaws, how the sound changes when Sims are walking depending on the terrain, the paddleboat whistle, trains going by, fish jumping, oh man, I could go on forever listing all the ambient sounds in this game. I love it! <3
  • ghamrick75ghamrick75 Posts: 134 Member
    One thing: Tiny Homes.

Love that the option is in the game and that they gave some options with building them.
    Origin ID: ghamrick75
    (I'm been redoing my gallery stuff so bear with me. FYI: I never use CC on my gallery builds. I rarely use MOO.) I am usually more pleased with my room builds than my lot builds.

“I have never met such weird yet serious and earnest people.” ― Jack Kerouac, The Dharma Bums
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    The ability to visit all the worlds. I would have been horribly disappointed if they had done it like Sims 3...it was one of the reasons I didn't play it. I feel it made a fairly smooth transition from Sims 2 to Sims 4. There are a ton of little things I like though, I'm fairly happy with the game, but not blind. Considering I've sunk nearly 10,000 hours into it, I'd say I'm having fun lol.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    The first thing that popped up for me was "No more travel times". In Sims 3 I found it very stifling that I had to either get punished by a longer absence of my sim from home due to travcel time from and to work, or had to move their house right next to the their workplace (and after they had children the school would magically relocate to whatever streeet they lived in). Detentions were the worst, when one child or teen got it, the schoolbus would wait for that one and hold their siblings hostage inside. Even worse was fact that despite my sims were getting slapped with travel penalties left and right, the police was always by "coincidence" just in the right place to arrest a teen for existing.

With the semi-open neighborhood I can enjoy collecting, following my sims when they walk the dog etc., but not at the price of messing up my town.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,651 Member
    Art style and better routing. I know some people complain about the cartoon look of 4, but I feel this art style has aged better than any of the other versions of the game. And, compared to Sims 3 (I’m looking at you, Island Paradise) routing issues are pretty rare for me.
  • JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    edited October 2021
    All the worlds are so visually stunning.

Favorites: San Myshuno, Willow Creek & Windenburg.
    Most beautiful: Sulani

It really sets the stage for the households I'm rotating through. A senior retiring to Oasis, Goths moving to Forgotten Hollow or a single sim living their best life in San Myshuno. Going full Autonomy is also a breeze when the background is so pretty. Maybe renovating another mega super mansion for that Del Sol Valley view or design the ideal neighborhood layout in Willow Creek to match the aesthetic & lush greenery.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    The ability to play rotationally easily and the fact that sims can have relationships with each other across worlds. I love that my sim can live in say Newcrest and have friends in Strangerville and that I can rotate households to play either end of that relationship and my story stays intact. I also absolutely love the scenery in this game, especially since seasons came along. I often find myself leaving my sims to their own devices so I can pan the camera to take in the views.
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    I like that we can travel to other worlds without losing progress (I wish we could limit NPC‘s movements though)
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    What to pick...one thing...today I take living in San Myshino. I have for households living in the same appartment building and it's kind of find when there are love noices coming from the appartment where it lives three brothers.
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    Rotational play works the way it did in Sims 2. Aging on the active lot, no aging or story progression otherwise. The world moves at the pace I want it to. I have five times as many hours in 4 as I did in 3 (although still nowhere near as many as I doubtless did in 2!) The open-world concept just didn't work for me.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,913 Member
    This is the first thing what came to my mind when I first time opened the game.. neighbor (real, not fake) houses.

May sound silly, but I was in awe how good those looked. Anyone who has played TS2 knows how bad lot imposters look in that game, and after almost everything can now be downloaded as default replacements, terrain, roads, trees, sky, water, but still nobody has managed really to mod those . ( I did not play TS3, so, cannot say how those look in that)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    TODDLERS! ♥️

ETA: There's so much more I'm not disappointed with but toddlers top the list.

Sims 4 Toddlers are a delight.

I'll expand this and say "Family Play".

Let me explain why: I was slow to take up child-raising in TS3 for various reasons, but one large factor was that for the couples I played, the only available course was adoption. I could mod my game to include same-sex pregnancy options, and eventually I did so, but for a long time I was wary of 3rd party content. Adopting never satisfied me - I abandoned those saves and reverted to earlier ones. Once I had bio offspring, however, I enjoyed it.

I waited a good while before migrating to TS4, and by the time I got here, Toddlers had been added, as had the custom gender settings. I had re-created my original and longest-played TS3 couple, minus their Supernatural life-states (as yet unsupported in TS4) and their personalities translated remarkably well. But without the occult elements, I needed another focus for them.

And, just as they each were wrapping up their initial Aspirations and newly married, the game handed me one when both popped up a Whim to Try for Baby together. Okay, then! I purchased Parenthood (my second Game Pack, after Spa Day) and away I went. That couple became the highly successful founders of my legacy save. The family life I didn't give them as perpetual Young Adults in TS3 turned out to be the extremely rewarding core of my play in TS4.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    How easy it is to play (yes this is a very unpopular opinion). I just like to come home from work, switch off and play the game. The previous sims games I always found challenging which took the fun out of it for me. Sims 4 doesn’t have that and I like the utopia feel about the game.
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,967 Member
    I like toddlers, too. I like Silly toddlers randomly giggling to themselves, Inquisitive toddlers thinking about whatever… what I mean is, the autonomous actions.
    I also really like the search option in Build/Buy! It’s so useful.
    Visiting different worlds is fun, too. It’s nice being able to go to the beach in Sulani in summer if you don’t live there. And you can grow up in one world and move to a different one.