Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Expansion Speculation?

Comments

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    edited October 2021
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I have my money on a romance pack. But whatever it is, I just wish they would hurry up and announce it already, even if it won't be out until December or something (though I'm hoping for November). The suspense is killing me :D

I just wish they announced theme already cause I'm always stuck with my save hoping for romance and then its something completely unrelated p_p

I'm exactly the same. If a romance pack with an attraction system is coming, I want to wait until it is released before doing the bachelorette challenge for the fourth gen heiress of my legacy-bachelor challenge. So, I would like to know what the next pack is so that I don't end up waiting unnecessarily.

Ditto! I always do lots of planning in my game, and whatever theme is next I will probably do lots of organizing etc long befoe I start playing the game. Would appreciate so much to learn at least what theme is up, and perhaps just the main features, then I can gladly plan my game while waiting for the final release.

Also - if the theme is not something I will be very interested in, I'd still like to know it because the I can start planning other stuff for my game rather than wait for something I might not even get at release date.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I just want an occult. I don't care about anything else. Occult players have once again gotten screwed this year.

In one of the recent 411s, they did address this with a non-confirmation confirmation: that is, they are nowhere near ready to make any announcement BUT a.) they are very much aware of popular demand and b.) are committed to giving future occult states such as werewolves, fairies or zombies, the same depth of treatment as Vampires and Spellcasters. That is, they want each to have its own pack.

The statement urged patience, however, and said quite plainly that the current road-map was all about refreshing the existing game, polishing existing Maxis sims, and on kits. So it sounds like it's not in the cards for this year but, looking at the timeline of releases of Vampires and Realm of Magic, possibly next.
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    I just want an occult. I don't care about anything else. Occult players have once again gotten screwed this year.

In one of the recent 411s, they did address this with a non-confirmation confirmation: that is, they are nowhere near ready to make any announcement BUT a.) they are very much aware of popular demand and b.) are committed to giving future occult states such as werewolves, fairies or zombies, the same depth of treatment as Vampires and Spellcasters. That is, they want each to have its own pack.

The statement urged patience, however, and said quite plainly that the current road-map was all about refreshing the existing game, polishing existing Maxis sims, and on kits. So it sounds like it's not in the cards for this year but, looking at the timeline of releases of Vampires and Realm of Magic, possibly next.

Ok I'll wait
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    How long does Sims 4 have before Sims 5 knocks on the door?!
  • flaminganakinflaminganakin Posts: 36 Member
    edited October 2021
    Expansion packs are, historically, released within 5 months of each other. Since Cottage Living came out in July, I'm thinking whatever the next EP is will come out in December, and that we'll get an announcement for it in early November as Season of Selves is wrapping up. As for what it could be, a "Generations"-esque pack would make the most sense since it's at the top of a pretty huge portion of the community's wish list, and the theme would fit in with the familial sentiment that comes with the holiday season.

But that's also very 'On The Nose,' and I could see EA/Maxis going with something completely different (but NOT something that would tick off the community, since they'd want it to sell well bc holiday sales). I'm excited for whatever comes, tbh.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    BL5036 wrote: »
    > @catloverplayer said:
    > Romance needs it's own pack cause so many romantic things are missing in this game.

I agree. If Romance are Generations, i think there will be few gameplay...

By The Sims 4's standards, yes. When looking at previous iterations, no.

I think it's kinda sad that the community set the bar so low nowadays for expansions. There shouldn't be any excuse why they can't combine themes like romance and Generations perfectly fine with sufficient gameplay.

It's just sad imo that we expect a seperate pack for everything nowadays since they can't live up to earlier standards anymore -for some odd reason-.

• MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member

I agree 100%. I was really holding out hope for an occult this year since it's been so long since we got even a sliver of gameplay. But it seems like we're going to have wait who knows how long for another one. :disappointed:
  • Incacore_LlamaIncacore_Llama Posts: 22 Member
    > @Peral said:
    > How long does Sims 4 have before Sims 5 knocks on the door?!

TS1 -> TS2: 4, almost 5 years.
    TS2 -> TS3: 5 years.
    TS3 -> TS4: 5 Years.

So we should be seeing the sims 5 by 2019 I would bet.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    > @Peral said:

Except it's 2021 and still no sign of it lol.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Lmao this is too funny
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Highkey_sucksHighkey_sucks Posts: 2 New Member
    I want one based on an old French town in medieval times, with new jobs, like Knight, Soldier, Baker, Jester, blacksmith etc. in this pack you can introduce in Horses, Royalty and maybe have a “myth” storyline about werewolves. That opens the door for beautiful medieval, gowns, the new werewolf occult sims(hideing in the shadows from superstitious Frenchmen, the addition of rideable horses, new jobs that help your little family make ends meet, and Royal monarchs that need to try and stay in th favor of the people. Royal lineages. Interactive jobs of Knights training for battle, Nobles owning land and respect, and commoners, the bakers, craftsmen, blacksmiths and horse stall handlers. Not all of these have to be in a pack because I know how hard it is to incorporate these ideas into a game but any one of these ideas would make the sims game elite. I’d never stop playing!
  • Incacore_LlamaIncacore_Llama Posts: 22 Member
    Oh dang it never clicked to me that France has a connection to werewolves, especially southern france which has the beast of gevaudan. Guess this could all connect, or maybe not lol.
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 441 Member
    The Gurus and the official Sims Twitter account have been talking A LOT about music today. So bands?
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    The Gurus and the official Sims Twitter account have been talking A LOT about music today. So bands?

That would be wonderful!

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited October 2021
    I'd love to know what it is so I can plan my gameplay around the pack. E.g. if it will be bands or music I will keep aging off until it arrives, because I want Michelle Benali to quit her fitness career and start a career as a singer. If it is Generations I will start playing my single Sims more until the pack comes out so I can focus on the family game play again. For a romance pack it would be the other way around. If it is Werewolfes or Fairies I will continue my game just the way I like because these packs do not interest me at all. If it is a school pack I'd focus on my families with toddlers and very young kids or kids and very young teenagers depending on the packs exact theme (middle or high school). If we get a pack about France I will focus on my rich families (Goth, Alto, Landgraab, Lobo and so on) to plan their next trip abroad. Diana Landgraab nee Kruger could even have a relative (younger sister?) living there.

So EA, in conclusion please just let us know the next theme of your EP ASAP so I know which part of my Sims world I have to focus on. Pretty pretty please!
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,232 Member
    edited October 2021
    > @Peral said:

TS1 -> TS2: 55 months
    TS2 -> TS3: 56 months
    TS3 -> TS4: 63 months

TS4 -> TS5: 63 seasons (2030)
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I'm really just looking forward to any announcement.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I really really hope it's a dark world with a new lifestate.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    JestTru wrote: »
    I'm really just looking forward to any announcement.

I'm looking forward to any big pack announcement not cas kit.
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    edited October 2021

They said zombies would get Vampire/Spellcaster treatment? This honestly surprises me, how does a zombie get levels and perks? What would said perks be?

Still, I look forward on them delivering on their pseudo-confirmation, I'm just... super confused on how zombies would have depth. Heck, I'm still not sure how Werewolves could.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Cottage Living was complete fan service so this could be too.

When I see "fan service" mentioned it is usually in reference to gratuitous details or filler content like jiggle physics. How does Cottage Living fit that?

Or do you just mean fan service is community requested content, so toddlers are fan service, too?
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    LJK wrote: »

They said zombies would get Vampire/Spellcaster treatment? This honestly surprises me, how does a zombie get levels and perks? What would said perks be?

Still, I look forward on them delivering on their pseudo-confirmation, I'm just... super confused on how zombies would have depth. Heck, I'm still not sure how Werewolves could.

Perhaps zombies will get different abilities based on how they died? Perhaps we must actually wake them up, and how that is done might affect their perks and so on. I never was interested in zombies, but I'm all for some depth anyway ;) I never cared about vampires either, but enjoyed the vamp pack a lot.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    Calico45 wrote: »
    Cottage Living was complete fan service so this could be too.

When I see "fan service" mentioned it is usually in reference to gratuitous details or filler content like jiggle physics. How does Cottage Living fit that?

Or do you just mean fan service is community requested content, so toddlers are fan service, too?

Fan Service fits both definitions, fan service is internationally added to please the audience hence the name.
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 441 Member
    I meant fan service as in developing something specifically because it was requested and not because it was the direction the product would have taken otherwise. I believe the outrage over Eco Lifestyle directly led to the development of Cottage Living.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    I enjoy the speculation but what I really want is a "Big Surprise" I don't get many in my life so I think it would be fun. 🎈🎈✨🎉🎆 ;)
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion