Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Expansion Speculation?

Comments

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Batuu gave the perfect model for incorporating Sims Medieval: you can visit, but take nothing with you.

I'd love a Batuu-esque Medieval/Renaissance pack. Or any "period" pack, really.
  • ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    The Sims 4 always had its dry periods of time with people claiming its end, that has still not come yet. There will surely be a new patch and at least a pack annoncement in January after everyone at EA is back to office.

Yeah, I know, but to be fair, it will end at some point...there will be a time when nothing's coming out and then nothing continues to come out and that's the end. It's not like they'll ever TELL us 'this is the last pack' because they don't tell us anything. I'm pretty sure we're getting more content and it's the Covid/pandemic problems that have affected things more than anything - hasn't someone leaked or confirmed that they are definitely working on a new EP, also? I just remember in summer when I was wondering if we'd get another GP before the final EP came out, and then...we didn't get a GP or an EP. Just a bunch of packs, and a some images to speculate on. When stuff like that happens, with no explanation, it's hard to feel it, you know? But I'm certainly expecting something more to come out.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    I hope the first Expansion of the year is a Romance based pack with Hotels and Working Honeymoons and I hope it's in a romantic type of world like France.
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    I just hope either get Werewolves or Fairies this year, I'm tired of making fake werewolves with the vampire pack.
  • gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    edited January 2022
    I just hope we either get Werewolves or Fairies this year me too
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    A medieval EP and a werewolves GP…

Or just medieval werewolves?
  • SimsJediSimsJedi Posts: 26 Member
    Batuu gave the perfect model for incorporating Sims Medieval: you can visit, but take nothing with you.

This would be so cool! A Renaissance/Medieval Faire or a time machine kind of thing. I doubt that the next pack we get will be anything like this, but it's a great idea for how that kind of pack would work.
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    My hopes are medieval, romance, or generations.
    When it comes to gp, werewolves.

Imagine a werewolf in a medieval world (in that time period, people would be especially against werewolves), desperately trying to blend in. Maybe throw in a good fashion romance story with one of the nobles.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    There has been a lot of medieval hints in the past. I hope that a medieval expansion comes soon. The devs mentioned that they want to add horses in a setting that you can make the most use out of. Medieval would be perfect for that.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    kostasmpi wrote: »
    There has been a lot of medieval hints in the past. I hope that a medieval expansion comes soon. The devs mentioned that they want to add horses in a setting that you can make the most use out of. Medieval would be perfect for that.

What, you never seen romantic horse rides on the beach? Horses could come with a travel pack.
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

What, you never seen romantic horse rides on the beach? Horses could come with a travel pack.

In medieval times though, they were the prime mode of transportation. Horse riding on vacations is not really making the most use out of them imo. I do want a travelling pack and a romance pack. I just think they make most sense in a medieval context.

In medieval times though, they were the prime mode of transportation. Horse riding on vacations is not really making the most use out of them imo. I do want a travelling pack and a romance pack. I just think they make most sense in a medieval context.

Some people still use horses nowadays as prime mode of transportation, like travelling gypsies, and people in the countryside who have horses and on a farm. Sure, it would make sense to add them to a medieval part, but a lot of things that make sense are not added to the game, like hammocks in Island Living and kokatsu tables that work with restaurants Snowy Escape.

Some people still use horses nowadays as prime mode of transportation, like travelling gypsies, and people in the countryside who have horses and on a farm. Sure, it would make sense to add them to a medieval part, but a lot of things that make sense are not added to the game, like hammocks in Island Living and kokatsu tables that work with restaurants Snowy Escape.

I'm pretty sure it's mostly the Amish and RCMP that use horses nowadays, I have yet to see people using horses as transportation in Ontario's countryside, Horses are usually kept on the farms, I've seen more trackers than horses on the road, in the Sims universe I think Vampires would use horses instead of cars depending on how old they're.
    BTW I would like a pack with a Technophobe trait, I think it would work really well with Vampires who haven't adapted to modern times.

I'm pretty sure it's mostly the Amish and RCMP that use horses nowadays, I have yet to see people using horses as transportation in Ontario's countryside, Horses are usually kept on the farms, I've seen more trackers than horses on the road, in the Sims universe I think Vampires would use horses instead of cars depending on how old they're.

Well, it makes sense to use a horse as transport in areas where you can keep a horse in a stable. So, no horses in cities and upmarket villages of city folk escaped from the city. Also, doesn't Canada have a mounted police riding horses? I think I've seen them in some movie. Anyway, just saying that it doesn't have to be a fully medieval setting for horses in the sims. I'd be happy with a modern take on a medieval town so to say, I don't want it to be presented as a go into the past world as I might end up not visiting it often.
  • CybersbeCybersbe Posts: 108 Member
    If they wanted to avoid breaking the Modern setting too much, a Medieval pack could introduce an old-fashioned town, in which fencing and horseback riding are commonly practiced, as a new world.
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    ...though to be boringly pedantic, fencing is far from mediaeval. (Foils and rapiers go back a long way, but as sparring or duelling weapons they came in centuries later). Having said that, I don't need a historical pack to be too concerned by authenticity.
    Having worked a Renfaire (mumble) years ago, a Renaisance Faire game pack would be quite cool. Could scratch the medieval itch (though no, the Renaisance and the Medieval periods are not the same) and give us new Pirate costumes (though Classic Pirates are Early Georgian...) and have certain types of rides and "carnival" games (okay, maybe that's just the Renfaire near me) and of course, Horses.

I'd be very surprised if it actually happened, but I'd love it if it did.
    edited January 2022

Well, it makes sense to use a horse as transport in areas where you can keep a horse in a stable. So, no horses in cities and upmarket villages of city folk escaped from the city. Also, doesn't Canada have a mounted police riding horses? I think I've seen them in some movie. Anyway, just saying that it doesn't have to be a fully medieval setting for horses in the sims. I'd be happy with a modern take on a medieval town so to say, I don't want it to be presented as a go into the past world as I might end up not visiting it often.

I think the Mounties are more Alberta based, I lived in Ontario my whole life, I have yet to see one and I've been to Brampton, Toronto, Bancroft, Campbellford, Peterborough, Bellville and Mississauga.
  • FamilyFarmerFamilyFarmer Posts: 40 Member
    I suspect the community collabs will be in conjunction with the Sims 22nd anniversary on February 4th which means that gamepack and kits should be dropping like any day now.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I would love a romance pack! 🤗❤️
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Since romance will be a gp instead of an ep. I wonder what the next eps will be?

Maybe generations but what else?
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • DJAXDJAX Posts: 18 Member
    I’m assuming a wedding pack based on the engagement rings and wedding cake icons hidden in the confetti as well as a Mardi Gras kit based on the animals and masquerade mask icons
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    Since romance will be a gp instead of an ep. I wonder what the next eps will be?

Maybe generations but what else?

What else is out there that would require an Expansion pack? I mean, if Sims 5 is on the radar at all, this may be the year of "completing Simmer's Wish Lists"

Generations, obviously.

Cars and Hotels together in some sort of Travel expansion? (with a couple small worlds rather than one big one?)