Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

French world : what content do you want ?

2...Next

Comments

• ghamrick75ghamrick75 Posts: 134 Member
    I know a lot of this has already been mentioned at some point, and some of these could go with a Mediterranean world as well, but:

Activities and Events
    • Wine and Mead Making - Call it "juice" (wine) or "nectar" (mead) if you must though try to at least. But include Mead / Nectar in there as separate from Juice / Wine Mead is made from honey and yeast. Wine is made from grapes (and other fruits if we are being honest). So the two should be separate items!
    • Film Festival - The Cannes Film Festival is one of the biggest film festivals in the world. And with certain elements of the "Get Famous" is underwhelming (as someone who worked in media / film / TV production briefly though on the crew side not talent), having an event like a film festival to equivocate Cannes would be a nice touch. France also has had a very rich history in the film industry (for better or worse) over the past century.
    • Sculpting - I mentioned this as an idea for a kit or stuff pack in another thread but thinking about the Louvre and other art galleries in France, as well as museums needing an update big time... it could fit in here. (Still think there needs to be some sort of kit or stuff pack to help with museum items and sculpting though!)
    • Fancy Dinner as an event. Thinking like dining out at a 5-star restaurant with a date or the whole family. I am talking like having your Sims go through the various courses of the meal, take suggestions from a Sommelier on drink and food pairings, dressing up formally / semi-formal, etc.

Careers and Skills
    • Street Performing - As a active, freelance career! This would incorporate elements of "busking" and allow for mimes to be brought back into the game as well an assortment of other types of entertainment that is associated with busking including fire skills, sword swallowing, juggling, and more. Another option to having it as an active, freelance career would be having it as a skill.
    • Magicians and Acrobat - Similar to how they were in Sims 3. As a bonus, these careers could be used as part of the "Street Performing career as well.
    • Mime - Listing separately though honestly should be bundled in with Street Performing. Listing it separately mostly because I assume there people would want Mimes as NPCs (though I am not specifically one of them).
    • Art Appraiser - Likely working at a museum, the person could also be called to a home to appraise paintings and sculptures.
    • It was Nectar Maker in Sims 3 though I would put it under a different name in Sims 4. As I said, Wine and Mead are different so Juice and Nectar should be separate. Maybe two different branches of the career?
    • In addition, would love to see Sommelier in there somewhere. In modern times, Sommeliers work with more than just wine. They work with pairing beers, cocktails, spirits, even mineral water, soft drinks and tobacco with food items. Because of this, it should be separate from the Juice / Nectar making career.
    Origin ID: ghamrick75
    (I'm been redoing my gallery stuff so bear with me. FYI: I never use CC on my gallery builds. I rarely use MOO.) I am usually more pleased with my room builds than my lot builds.

“I have never met such weird yet serious and earnest people.” ― Jack Kerouac, The Dharma Bums
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    It’s often romanticized that way. But we’re also talking about beheading people, walking around with other people’s heads on spikes etc
    I understand fighting for freedom, of course, but in that case I think it went way too far.

crocobaura wrote: »
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    I’m from France and I hope Bastille Day is not included. But it’s a personal opinion, It commemorate the French Revolution and that was a bloody slaughter which, again, in my opinion, should not be a cause for celebration.
    Food, coffee/"juice", and the culture surrounding both definitely. Bastille Day should be included somehow too. Seriously, that was the only holiday my family still celebrates though they are now French Canadian lol.

But wasn't it a fight for freedom and for the poor against the elites? So isn't that what is being celebrated?

How would it be celebrated in The Sims? I don't think we will get a guilotinne nor references to actual people.

Oh, it did, which is why my family fled. ;) I'm more talking about celebrating the rising up of the downtrodden, as most people do, rather than the slaughter. Which honestly, most holidays have a dark past - including slaughter, sometimes full-scale genocide (I'm looking at you, Columbus Day) but sometimes you have to find the silver lining. It's also a warning - to not forget why it happened. Keeping things in the public eye happens for reasons sometimes - and sometimes they happen because some ❤️❤️❤️❤️ made it happen. And I was thinking holiday traditions with a Bastille Day bent, rather than an actual holiday...I think that would give the most options.

Goodness, there is so much that could be included in a French world. I would be very disappointed if nectar/winemaking wasn't included. I mean, it's the French! Cheesemaking maybe? So much gameplay is possible, and I know we're only going to get 0.001% of it. *sigh*

Can’t you technically create Bastille Day in the calendar from seasons?
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    edited October 2021
    Deleted
    Post edited by temporalgod on
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    Well, Haussmannian architecture would be nice. If they based the world off Paris, it’d need the Eiffel Tower. It would also need appartements.

But Provence or the Mediterranean coast in general would also be a great setting.

As for food : Croissant, Pain au Chocolat, baguette, cheese…..there are so many recipes…..but please no snails!! It’s so cliché! I’m from France and I’ve never eaten snails in my life, it grosses me out :lol:

Hi,

What things from France you would like to bring in The Sims 4
    (Habits/tradition, food, venues, theme, music, architecture, career, skill, hobbies, gameplay, ...).

Paris, Palace of Versailles, Mediterranean coast, ... how should the world be ?

• Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,111 Member
    ghamrick75 wrote: »
    I know a lot of this has already been mentioned at some point, and some of these could go with a Mediterranean world as well, but:

Activities and Events
    • Wine and Mead Making - Call it "juice" (wine) or "nectar" (mead) if you must though try to at least. But include Mead / Nectar in there as separate from Juice / Wine Mead is made from honey and yeast. Wine is made from grapes (and other fruits if we are being honest). So the two should be separate items!

I think "mead" can be translated from beer from the real world, so maybe new harvestables based in grains can be used, like wheat, rice and others.

Mead should be maded with a separated item from wine, but having both an off the grid option like the one from TS Freeplay

• WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    Mak27 wrote: »

Activities and Events

I think "mead" can be translated from beer from the real world, so maybe new harvestables based in grains can be used, like wheat, rice and others.

Mead should be maded with a separated item from wine, but having both an off the grid option like the one from TS Freeplay

Mead is not beer. It's honey wine if you must. Fruit might go in it, but not grains. Beermaking should be its own activity, and would have gone great with Windenburg! Lagers, ales, stouts - the list goes on. Can we have all three? lol
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,111 Member

Activities and Events

Mead is not beer. It's honey wine if you must. Fruit might go in it, but not grains. Beermaking should be its own activity, and would have gone great with Windenburg! Lagers, ales, stouts - the list goes on. Can we have all three? lol

Then I don't think a drink named "beer" will be released in TS4, like "wine" or "gambling".

I hope grains harvestabkes can be featured anyways, to prepare bread, pizza and another dishes for a future pizza oven like in TS3.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member

Activities and Events

Then I don't think a drink named "beer" will be released in TS4, like "wine" or "gambling".

I hope grains harvestabkes can be featured anyways, to prepare bread, pizza and another dishes for a future pizza oven like in TS3.

They'd just call it something else. We already have juice and nectar lol, just need a name for beer (though they do have at least one IPA in-game already). I'd take Breadmaking and all kinds of other things too. Fun stuff that is hobby/activity related is sorely lacking still.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,174 Member
    edited October 2021
    Beer is more a German drink.
    French drinks are Wine, Champagne, Rosé, Rhum, Cider and Liqueurs.

Pizza is more a Italian meal.
    French pastries for the breakfast.

shutte11.jpg

The bakehouse is the most important shop, there is always one open no matter the day.
    In the small villages, there is a bread delivery service.

certai10.jpg
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited October 2021
    I'd like to see a French world and an Italian world as two separate concepts. I'd also be interested in Spain but France and Italy are glaringly missing.

For France, I could see this as a mix of Paris, Provence and the French countryside. I'd be impressed to see excellent multi-course cuisine. Wine and cheese have been mentioned but also cassoulet, poulet-au-pot, coq au vin, duck à l'orange and French specialities. France has a lot of distinctive music, not just the old classics like Edith Piaf or Jacques Brel but contemporary music whether a distinctive acoustic style, indie, hip hop, techno, etc, with a French sound.

In the consideration of stunning images of France, I also submit Pau, France. I had the good fortune to visit the stunning old castle and very classic French town:

800px-Montage_Pau_4.jpg

I think a stunning coast like Nice also makes sense:

nice-villefranche-france-1800x1000.jpg

Really though, so much of France could be the inspiration. I agree that having artistic ateliers (upper floor lofts) and the style from La Belle Époque of artists would be cool with the ability to play historic or modern style. It would be a good pack for upgrading art production. Images below are of Toulouse, France, for inspiration:

canaldumidi-3412865_1280.jpg_1729757409.jpg

toulouse_france_bridge.jpg

Toulouse-street.jpg?w=800&ssl=1

Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member

Activities and Events

Then I don't think a drink named "beer" will be released in TS4,
    So call it yeasty brew. And be sure it has a by-prosuct, called yeastymite, a black spread for on fresh bread (with butter), or on toast.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    I hope « Yeastymite » doesn’t taste as bad in the sims :lol:
    Movotti wrote: »

Activities and Events

So call it yeasty brew. And be sure it has a by-prosuct, called yeastymite, a black spread for on fresh bread (with butter), or on toast.

• MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I hope « Yeastymite » doesn’t taste as bad in the sims :lol:
    Movotti wrote: »

Activities and Events

It doesn't taste bad, if you grew up eating it.
    Additionally, a dab behind each ear, before going out, keeps the dropbears away.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    IMG_1785C.JPG

I was thinking now After Cottage Living, I would Love a Castle Living or a Medieval Living Pack.

If Cottage Living was England inspired, This world should be French <3

Once More, after I've seen Cottage Living and Journey to Batuu, I think we should have a Pack that's sort of Medieval Fantasy style
    I'm talking about Mining for Ore, Gold, Silver, Precious stones Diamonds, and such Crafting Bronze, Blacksmithing, forging Swords, armor, And jewelry making, Crowns, Jewels
    Carpentry, Shields, bows and Arrows, Javelins.
    and Ever since we got Get together I made a Knight Club, and I really want to have a real Knights, Soldiers an Army. Lay siege to castles and go on adventures, And fight things. Especially cause I have Realm of Magic I could have Knights and Mages Defend the Kingdom together.
    and After Get Famous, and Journey to Batuu, I think Sword fighting and Archery should totally be a new skill and hobby, along with Jousting.
    and Get Famous + Get Together + Medieval Living you could easily create Monarchal/Feudalistic Society.

Honestly I'd be happy if the World was Modern and Medieval at the same time. I could probably Do something like Finally Fantasy XV where its essentially both.

Yes, please!
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    Give me that gorgeous architecture - although there are at least a couple of CC creators out there who have made that possible already.

Also, because I'm me and must find any excuse to suggest a wind instrument (lol): Oboe. Maybe people don't associate it with France, but the instrument was developed in France in the early 17th century. So it would be perfectly appropriate!
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    New food like froglegs, snails and smelly cheese which like fruit cake would have its fans and haters. Catfighting mice (Mousequeteers)