Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living - All my chicken hates me?

Seriously, Bunnies are really easy to get along with. Chickens? All of them are in the red and hates all social interaction I ever try. Any tips?
Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek

Comments

• Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Go to the Crumplebottoms’ garden stand and get several bags of friendly treats, feed them to your chickens and then spam friendly socials and they’ll come around.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member

All my chickens love me. o:)

You gotta keep 'em clean, you gotta give 'em treats and you gotta play some tunes for those birdosaurs.
    All my chickens are very happy and the hens give me colorful eggs!
    Being an animal enthusiast helps too.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited October 2021
    The chickens seem to be really random in what interactions they like and which don't. I actually find them really demanding and the hardest animals to keep happy out of all the animals that came with Cottage Living.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Hm. I don't have any problems with them in game, but I usually play with an animal enthusiast.

I can also confirm that chickens IRL can be decently fickle. Like all pets, they have separate and salient personalities, and some are quite sweet. However, even the sweetest bird doesn't necessarily want to be held all day. Individuals can be quite picky with food, too. I never thought much about it since fruit always disappeared in a flash, but my Cinnamon had absolutely no interest in fruit when I gave her some all by herself.

So maybe they are fickle in game, too, and I am just not noticing it because it is normal.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I smother them with love and tell them dinosaur jokes and I've never had an angry chicken.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Well I'll try feeding them happy drugs then ;)
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited October 2021
    Seriously, Bunnies are really easy to get along with. Chickens? All of them are in the red and hates all social interaction I ever try. Any tips?

I think you have a good problem. Makes things more exciting.

Like others have stated, make sure your Sim has the animal animal enthusiast as one of their traits.

I have two sisters who live in a converted farm barn. One of them has the animal enthusiast trait and the other doesn't. Take a guess which one the animals hate no matter what she autonomously does.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    I actually don't worry about getting super happy chickens. I feed 'em, keep the coop clean, and shoo away foxes. After that, they're on their own. :wink:

No, they don't get in a better mood than "fine" but I also don't worry about having to maintain a friendship. (That and it's easier to trade 'em for meat, just like some real farms)
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Of all the animals I love the chickens the best...very realistic. I tried to get chickens to warm up to a non animal enthusiast, they ended up liking her but she had to use the friendly treats to do it. Otherwise, they attacked every time she tried an interaction. Also, chickens have to be "very happy" to produce golden eggs, so yeah, you gotta keep em happy. o:)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Hm, I don't recall any of my sims be attacked by a chicken...? Some let me know they did not want to be hugged, but attacked - no... But then I don't do more than needed, so that way I might not annoy them. I like them, the birds are so cool to just watch, too. There's always some action around the coop :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    Hm, I don't recall any of my sims be attacked by a chicken...? Some let me know they did not want to be hugged, but attacked - no... But then I don't do more than needed, so that way I might not annoy them. I like them, the birds are so cool to just watch, too. There's always some action around the coop :)

As far as I understand it, only the Evil Chicken (tm) actually attacks you. The others leave you.
    Bribing them with friendly treats work good enough at least.