Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Garden shop and grocery stall in other worlds

So I am trying to do an urban farming deal in Evergreen Harbor and found that the Garden Shop and the Grocery stall show up in build mode for community lots. I put one on my marketplace lot but no one ever showed up to work at it. Is it a mistake that it's available in BB mode? It would be really cool to have it in other worlds.

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    You need to set the community lot as a community space for NPCs to show up at the stands.
  • Options
    Echo17121Echo17121 Posts: 88 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    You need to set the community lot as a community space for NPCs to show up at the stands.

Sorry I posted this and then forgot about it, I do have it as a community lot. The other food stall on the lot had someone show up. It's just the two from cottage living. I guess because they have specific people that work at them?
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited October 2021
    Echo17121 wrote: »

Sorry I posted this and then forgot about it, I do have it as a community lot. The other food stall on the lot had someone show up. It's just the two from cottage living. I guess because they have specific people that work at them?

I tried it too, and had the same result. I put it on a community space along with the coffee/tea stand from City Living and the hot drinks stand was attended and the Cottage Living stands were not. Which made me sad, because I was hoping to put grocery outlets in all or most worlds.
  • Options

I tried it too, and had the same result. I put it on a community space along with the coffee/tea stand from City Living and the hot drinks stand was attended and the Cottage Living stands were not. Which made me sad, because I was hoping to put grocery outlets in all or most worlds.

I know, it seems perfect on a marketplace community lot in Evergreen Harbor. I'm making Port Promise (?) a urban farming area and aside from selling stuff at the marketplace having even just one of those was an exciting thought. Hopefully someone will make a mod to make it possible.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member

Maybe try opening a bug report on answers hq and post a link here so other can "me too" it
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    edited October 2021
    1. You might need to hire someone for the stall costing §100.
    2. The fruit and vegetable stalls from Seasons have a lot more seeds than the stalls from Cottage Living. With Seasons you might even get lucky to grab some seed packages at lots with gnomes spawning such packs.
    3. If you take turns in playing several households, members of one household might even go planting seeds at lots belonging to other households. For instance, Jess Sigworth of Strangerville is able to plant seeds in the garden of the Harris household of Evergreen Harbour.
  • Options
    1. You might need to hire someone for the stall costing §100.
    2. The fruit and vegetable stalls from Seasons have a lot more seeds than the stalls from Cottage Living. With Seasons you might even get lucky to grab some seed packages at lots with gnomes spawning such packs.
    3. If you take turns in playing several households, members of one household might even go planting seeds at lots belonging to other households. For instance, Jess Sigworth of Strangerville is able to plant seeds in the garden of the Harris household of Evergreen Harbour.

You actually can't click on either of them at all. I tried to see if the hire option was there but nothing.
    I'll check out the Seasons stalls, I was just hoping to be able to sell as well.

Thanks! I will mark it!
  • Options
    @Pamtastic72 BTW I was able to get the garden shop one to work with one of LittleMsSam's mods- the auto employees one. The grocery one didn't seem to work. Maybe both on a lot is too much.
  • Options
    Rabellaka_SimmingRabellaka_Simming Posts: 46 Member
    I had vendors show up, but they just stood on the sidewalk.