Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Jones/Langerak/Goth Family, 2.0

Comments

• BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    Langerak Update, Day 166

LtiYMYL.jpg
    Daisy wanted to take her frustration out against her father, so she destroyed the snowman he had built previously. It made her feel somewhat better.

5JpwYUF.jpg
    Then I had her take care of the money trees and the one apple tree. I don't know if I'm adding to this or not yet, because some plans I have may include a move soon.

i8acR5u.jpg
    Now that Quinton is athletic, he has been working out more often. Ariana didn't seem to mind.

rm99uLg.jpg
    Melanie's second wish was for a long life. This added 20 something days to her life, so she will be around at least long enough for Dwight to age to Adult.

1Fc6Bch.jpg
    Quinton was out for an opportunity when he found his mother crying. She told him that Quinton's father, Garry Sekemoto, has died.

DmZGiSp.jpg
    ut1xC6U.jpg
    Melanie went to the alchemy shop to try to buy an elixir. She didn't find one that she wanted, but she did get to talk with her son-in-law, Andrea Langerak. She also got to visit with her grandson, Mason Langerak.

Day 167, part 1

zmqaXjK.jpg
    4dczHh9.jpg
    Daisy had her young adult birthday. I didn't finish her makeover yet, as I was playing right before my 4 hour shift, then forgot about it after I got home.

AVwJtu8.jpg
    Melanie didn't like one of Quinton's new traits, but even though they were incompatible, they still are great friends. He was going to try and hold hands with her earlier, but Ariana came down to ask her mother a question, and it cancelled out the action before he even tried.

uKXg81v.jpg
    Daisy had a little bit of martial arts training, so she asked Melanie to train her. Of course, Melanie ended up winning.

jm3UASJ.jpg
    Ariana continued to teach John to walk. He still hasn't quite got the concept yet.
    Langerak Family Update, Day 167 (Part 2)

UUx4bDN.jpg
    Even though Daisy had lost her sparring session with Melanie, she was able to reach level 2 in the martial arts skill.

ETlBceK.jpg
    pdU7fWP.jpg
    But, Melanie was nice to her and decided to let her have the last wish. Daisy tried chatting with him to see if there was any attraction, but she thought he was a 1 of 10. No genie in this family. Her wish was the same as Melanie's second wish, to have a long life. Daisy will now live a pretty long time as she won't become an adult for 42 days.

Tuu3lqM.jpg
    Daisy was happy to learn about Quinton's changes as she is athletic too.

189vYvj.jpg
    Dwight decided it was time to visit the criminal warehouse for a raid. He found documents that were plans for a big attack and gained $1,500 for his efforts.

3btLbbk.jpg
    Then Daisy started to learn the nectar making skill. I will have to look at a recipe list to help her make some better ones.

WDsNsOR.jpg
    The family got a bunch of gifts from admirers, plus $2,500 in bills.

Tl2RBGg.jpg
    Daisy started to train John on the potty because the rest of the family went out to eat.

sGoAS3G.jpg
    Melanie was invited to a party at Carina Sekemoto's house. Toaster was there, and I learned that he and Melanie slightly disliked each other. When they started to talk, they started to build a positive relationship.

R9lYeUF.jpg
    Abigail was also there, so Melanie got to spend some time with her.

BHr4gkX.jpgBi7zhhn.jpg
    Melanie was going to be nice and give Toaster a tune up, but he didn't like it and shocked her. Melanie told him off, making them dislike each other again.

QjVOH0q.jpg
    kZLkQxm.jpg
    Toaster walked away and started flirting with Carina. Carina was receptive, having lost Garry a day or two prior. Melanie told Toaster off for attempting to cheat on L4U-RN.
    Langerak Family, Day 168

JEOSbRV.jpg
    A random shot of the family, watching TV together.

9Kr3diH.jpg
    Today also happened to be Quinton's elder birthday. It's sad, but we'll witness his death again since this is a partial reboot. Only Melanie, Ariana, and Daisy made it in time to watch him age.

CTJZsmb.jpg
    With his new traits from the elixir, he is a different version of himself than his alternate counterpart. The counterpart was dressed more like a rebel in the old Langerak playthrough.

UTq7cFW.jpg
    It was also Daisy's graduation day, so the family piled into one of the cars and headed over.

La15imt.jpg
    I happened to see Andrea Langerak chatting with two kids, probably his twins with Abigail.

JTiJFsr.jpg
    Daisy had to change John's diaper as he isn't fully potty trained yet.

SukfZS7.jpg
    Melanie still is constantly playing her guitar when I'm not controlling her.

K5IK5ID.jpg
    Daisy decided it was time to find someone to love her, and who better than a Goth descendant? Of course, Harlan is married, so I had her flirt with him enough to cause the breakup, then asked him to move in with the family. Being Sims, and just a play session with no real plotline, I didn't care to slowly build up a relationship like I normally would.

***And that is all for this update, as you can tell, I haven't played much.
    Langerak Family, Day 169

2NlcQPi.jpg
    It was Quinton's turn to make breakfast for the family today, as he was the first one up. They had some leftovers in the fridge, but I threw them all out to start over.

UmdOWbV.jpg
    The four oldest residents were the first ones up to eat breakfast, minus our newest resident, Harlan Goth. As you can see, Quinton made them pancakes.

q9Phrl3.jpg
    Dwight went upstairs to check on John who was crying from neglect. Quinton and Ariana both went upstairs to take care of their son as well, but Dwight beat them to it. Instead, they decided to flirt while Dwight watched them both.

tQlfCzM.jpg
    jb5ZtiR.jpg
    When Dwight had finished with John, I sent him over for the daily alchemy shop trip. I wasn't expecting to find a Young Again potion but since Harlan moved in, I gave it to him. The second picture is after he finished aging. One reason I picked him for Daisy is he is probably the best looking male in town right now for her. However, he is a distant cousin of the Langerak family but it's far enough down the tree that it doesn't bother me.

sUBvIm5.jpg
    Meanwhile, Quinton spent some time upstairs teaching John how to talk. He already knew how to walk, but still needs to learn to use the potty.

tt5dh3Z.jpg
    Harlan is in the political career, like Ariana, so I dressed him up a bit more and gave him a better hairstyle. However, I forgot to get a front view so it'll have to wait.

sNI9XbF.jpg
    Harlan wanted to get a bit of athleticism now that he was young again, so Dwight helped him out with that. As you may recall, Dwight has maxed athletics and maxed martial arts so he is the best person to train others.

rdDwKRE.jpg
    When that was finished, Dwight decided to chat with a distant relative of the family. Toaster happened to be there working out, but it won't do anything for him anyway.

7MWk5vm.jpg
    For supper, I sent the whole family to the Bistro. A good reason to do this is so that no one gets the stir crazy moodlet.
    Langerak Family, Day 170

88VdSyV.jpg
    The family got up the following morning to eat their waffles. I was actually able to get 6 of the family members in the same shot, we are just missing John since he is a toddler. However, you can see what Harlan looks like a bit in this photo.

8UUgogE.jpg
    Upstairs, Daisy fed her brother a bottle since he was really hungry.

Le3DVmO.jpg
    Harlan needed to strengthen his relationship with the household members. Currently, they are nothing to him as he and Daisy are only romantic interests and aren't even girlfriend/boyfriend yet.

iNWQQ4o.jpg
    Daisy went outside to tend to the garden. The money trees are still doing well, and the apple tree is coming up nicely. She planted some more plants in the garden as well so it actually will take up more of the gated off area.

FnUHi0H.jpg
    I decided to send Harlan over to check on his fellow Goth family members. Octavio is the oldest Goth still living in the ancestral home but Harlan hopes he can take the manor back for his and Daisy's future home.

RZw3j3c.jpg
    He chatted with his cousin, Sofia Goth. As you can tell, she just recently aged up and went to her graduation. She must have been around Daisy's age.

Quick background of the Goth family in this save
    Gunther and Cornelia Goth never had any other children other than Mortimer. They didn't seem the most compatible, and somewhere between the beginning and now, Cornelia became a Sekemoto. I do not know how, but may be able to find out. Gus and Dorie Hart's daughter, Bebe Sw0rd had a daughter with Parker Langerak, named Annie Sw0rd. Annie should have been a Langerak, but I believe Cycl0n3 raised her. This makes Annie a distant relative to the Langerak family. Mortimer married Annie and they had several children. One was named Octavio Goth, and he married Alicia Bunch. Alicia is the daughter of Jessica (Jones) Bunch, the daughter of my founders, Emily and Christopher (Steel) Jones. They had two children, Sofia (shown above) and Leonardo Goth. Sofia is currently single while Leonardo married Sam Sekemoto and Rain (Forest/Sekemoto) Langerak's daughter, Corinne. Another daughter of Mortimer was named Kate Goth and she married a pudding faced Sim named Robert Naquin. Lastly, Mortimer and Annie also had a son named Harlan. Harlan married Jordan Wolff and had two children, Richie and Antony Goth. Of course, Harlan and Jordan are divorced, and he is currently romantically involved with Daisy.

gXLBrO1.jpg
    At home, Ariana chatted with her mother about random stuff.

7nuCxW2.jpg
    Jgix1ny.jpg
    Harlan and Daisy decided that they wanted to go on a date so I sent them over to the park. I didn't know what else to have them do so I decided they could skate together. However, Harlan wasn't good at it and made them fall down.

YMxsdjy.jpg
    I decided to have them get a picture together, then they tried out the love tester. I forgot what it said but it was positive.

7n3YulV.jpg
    Harlan decided to see if Daisy was ready to move to the next step so he kissed her for the first time. She ended up pulling him closer, and also accepted his offer to be girlfriend and boyfriend. I'll let them date a while before getting them engaged, and with Young Again potions, they may have an extended relationship.

BmbsPAi.jpg
    Cori invited Ariana over for a party, but Ariana didn't stay too long as I was busy elsewhere.

fhyIYjP.jpg
    And to end the updates I have right now, Harlan and Daisy decided not to wait for marriage to woohoo. However, they made sure to prevent an unwanted pregnancy. It doesn't matter too much anyway, since Daisy just produces seeds to plant.
    Langerak Family, Day 171

5EwkMyj.jpg
    Like every day, the family got together to eat breakfast.

DrVC4nY.jpg
    I sent Daisy off to the City Hall to apply for the gardener career. She already has a level 5 in the gardening skill, and with money trees, will do quite well.

CDnKeHr.jpg
    Melanie wanted to learn more of the logic skill, so I sent her outside to practice chess. She is 90 days old now, and may not live a lot longer.

YJ7xd8q.jpg
    Quinton got John up from bed and fed him a bottle. John will be a child soon.

4a3XQO0.jpg
    Daisy came home to work in the garden. With the money trees, she was able to go from level 1 of the gardening career right up to level 6. It'll probably be a few days more, but then she'll hit the top.

qp2Qoy0.jpg
    It was time for work, but only Dwight had to go. Ariana and Harlan were off for the day, and I think I had Quinton retire.

QlHdV0d.jpg
    Upstairs, Quinton went to speak with Ariana. Then they started to get flirty and ended up woohooing.

yTVl8B5.jpg
    Harlan had his first interaction with John since moving into the house. I don't know how close they will get to one another.

AyGzNdN.jpg
    Not long after, John played with the xylophone.

A5WSFj5.jpg
    Daisy got the mail, which means a bunch of letters from potential lovers.

qpuP3PM.jpg
    Melanie went to the alchemy store to try and buy some elixirs. Unfortunately, there weren't any I wanted to get.

Ii3v1TP.jpg
    For supper, Quinton made burnt hamburgers for the family.

pQ932GC.jpg
    At a party, Melanie saw L4U-RN and had a nice chat with her. It was at the Landgraab house, yet that family has completely died off.

orFDlVr.jpg
    When everyone went to bed, a burglar woke them all up shortly after. Luckily, the police successfully caught the subject.

***Only 7 family names are left in the game: Goth's, Bunch's, Keaton's, Langerak's, McGraw's, Sekemoto's, and Wolff's.
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @Brandontaylor: Awesome updates. :)
    :) Smile!

@Puddinroy Thank you!
    Langerak Family, Day 172

u6AqXJA.jpg
    J1CZMsv.jpg
    Today was Johns birthday transition from toddler to child. Everyone came to celebrate in their pajamas because they had all just recently woken up.

J1CZMsv.jpg
    rnjm5Ar.jpg
    John got to eat his first piece of cake ever with the rest of the family. They are lucky they have a nice big table to sit at.

hiMRd4T.jpg
    It was then time for some of the adults to go to work. Ariana headed to City Hall, but I do not remember who else had to work.

pzMSyHw.jpg
    Melanie and John were still in their PJ's but Melanie wanted to congratulate her grandson on his birthday.

4ICPFTn.jpg
    Daisy worked out in the garden like she does everyday. At least now the garden is actually fuller as I've had her plant more seeds.

1Uxc5Bp.jpg
    Dwight did not have to work but he had a wish to use the telescope so I got that out of the way for other wishes.

RH9FAzo.jpg
    John went to the family cemetery to pick a flower, and transform to his werewolf form, before heading to the school to take a painting class.

fqsGTSq.jpg
    RDOCZx9.jpg
    Dwight decided it was time for Daisy to continue her martial arts lessons. He ended up beating her, but she did at least rise to level 2.

wEjXaAd.jpg
    For supper that night, Daisy went and has a fancy dinner with Harlan. He may be a Goth, but he seems like he's a Landgraab descendant instead. :lol:

xRqDwFb.jpg
    Afterwards, they went to the Spring Carnival but did not stay too long before they went home.
    Langerak Family, Day 173

rszBrzq.jpg
    There was nothing special about this morning, so everyone just ate whatever was in the fridge, in an attempt to clear out the older food to make room for new.

l5N8unL.jpg
    Daisy worked in the garden after eating her breakfast.

DL3iVAy.jpg
    Melanie seems to always want to play her guitar. Meanwhile, Ariana and Quinton were getting flirty nearby. Of course, this led them upstairs to their bed.

fK5boZS.jpg
    I forgot that I had Daisy make a nectar a while back, so she just now got it. It wasn't good quality. However, she didn't care and had a lovely chat with her ITF hologram thingy.

cb2EMLl.jpg
    On a trip to the alchemy store, Daisy ran into her grandmother, Carina Sekemoto. Carina's husband has passed, so she is with someone else. I'd have to search my family tree to figure out who, so I didn't get the name.

zmsaPot.jpg
    Back at home, the full moon came out. However, when it did, Ariana and John both transformed and it scared Daisy. She ended up wetting herself but she used her PlantSim skills to absorb it, then promptly took a shower.

tq3M5cu.jpg
    I'm not sure what occurred, but all I know is Ariana and Dwight got into some kind of argument. It didn't hurt their relationship too much, but if it did, it doesn't matter. I used cheats to fix relationships with family members anyway.

Day 174

VPgO3ff.jpg
    The next morning, everyone got up a bit early but since they were hungry, I went ahead and let them eat.

OXkOnNp.jpg
    A distant cousin, Lois (Bunch) Wolff was flirting with her new boyfriend, Antony Goth. Antony just so happens to be Harlan's son.

HDeCsfy.jpg
    Lois' elder sister, Alicia Goth happened to be there as well. It's weird, but Alicia is Harlan's sister-in-law, yet her sister is dating Alicia's nephew. Anyway, Quinton chatted with her a bit.

tbGtvJ7.jpg
    Daisy took some of the gems the family had gotten to the alchemy store to cut. She also took a Tiberium over that Ariana had found. As of my last time playing, it hasn't sold yet.

***Day 174 and 175 will continue in the next update.
    Langerak Day 174, continued

tFNAwpt.jpg
    Later on, the whole family went to the carnival. Four members of the family joined the eating contest, which Quinton ended up winning. He was very surprised.

kaujCNA.jpg
    Harlan pulled Quinton aside to ask him if he could marry Daisy. Of course, Quinton said yes to him.

BZADIZg.jpg
    R0C1qvM.jpg
    Melanie took an Invigorating Elixir so she could go to Russ Andrew's party. Of course, then Russ passed away.

M2v9HVc.jpg
    Harlan decided it was time to ask Daisy to marry him. She said yes, and they shared an embrace.

YbOYcnY.jpg
    Sheena Langerak called her Aunt Ariana up, asking if her daughter wanted to play with John. Ariana wanted to get to know them better, so she ended up saying yes. Sheena is Abigail Langerak's daughter. The girl is either Jenna or Tiana, but I believe it is Jenna.

MGYZLeF.jpg
    Great Grandma Melanie also had to say hello to Jenna, as well as giving her a hug.

h7xxv9W.jpg
    The family ate their supper together before Melanie went to another party. Luckily, no one died this time.
    Langerak Family, Day 176

***Note, this is a few days before some family drama starts. I played a few days on Sunday, as well as one day after work last night. I also have been playing off and on most of the day so I have at least a Sims week worth of posts.

ZcT59zb.jpg
    Like most days, the Langerak family ate breakfast together. I try to do this every day if I can because with their busy schedules, it can sometimes be one of the only time they get together.

8njgVcT.jpg
    Dwight has one of the holo-computers, which he mainly uses for fun. I believe this time, he was autonomously using it to chat with someone new. In the background, Quinton and Melanie chat. Is this a foreshadowing of what is to happen in later updates?

Hdl96K9.jpg
    Daisy went out to the garden to take care of the plants. I do not remember if she gained another skill point or a promotion, but she made progress on both.

XZTAM0z.jpg
    It seems that Melanie likes to autonomously hug John every chance she gets. Sometimes I'm the one who initiates it, but not most of the time.

bjdBcdt.jpg
    Dwight shared a kiss with Melanie shortly after she finished talking to John. I can't recall, but I believe that they woohooed as well.

neZx2AO.jpg
    Outside, a paparazzo caught fire due to the intense summer heat. For some reason, at a certain point, he just disappeared and I don't think I ever got a notification that he died.

XaL8z4s.jpg
    Harlan needed to throw a campaign fundraiser in his bid for mayor. Ariana is already the Leader of the Free World, and Harlan would like to be her successor when she is finished. He invited Emit Relevart to the party, and he surprisingly showed up. He told Harlan that his blue hair is actually a wig he wears to look more eccentric.

VgYCEGD.jpg
    I put the dance floor back down, but it's too small for all the partygoers to dance on. I may not worry about putting one down next time I throw a party.

paItB3I.jpg
    John got to meet Carly Wolff finally. They did not become friends at the party, but they did form a bit of a bond. Their friendship grew later on at school.

CiJb05H.jpg
    ruq3bTL.jpg
    Aunt Abigail was not in a good mood and she took it out on poor Daisy. Daisy scolded her and told her that if she didn't behave, she would be asked to leave. I went ahead and directed Daisy to ask her to leave. Surprisingly, she did so politely, and gave Harlan a big donation.

VzGs7pz.jpg
    The family sat together at the dinner table when most, if not all, the guests had left. Harlan did fairly well with his fundraiser, gaining $60,000 something.
    Langerak Family, Day 177

5CWYnoY.jpg
    Today's breakfast was pancakes made by Melanie. She is getting close to 100 days old.

a1CxD9M.jpg
    The money trees needed harvested this time around, so the family made several thousand simoleons, and Daisy made progress on gardening and her career.

XwgEmKd.jpg
    Another autonomous hug from Melanie and John.

z9oHvIy.jpg
    Harlan wanted to exercise again, so I sent Dwight with him to train. Dwight didn't exercise, just encouraged Harlan. Of course, Dwight is also training Daisy, but in martial arts.

qt3vceG.jpg
    llvX2mk.jpg
    Daisy finally reached another promotion in the gardening career, and this got her a phone call from the mayor. Apparently, when one hits $25,000, City Hall gives them this award, which Daisy promptly went to pick up.

7HkC5np.jpg
    When she had finished, she went to cut gems at the alchemy store, as well as look for some elixirs.

PzBHKYT.jpg
    Oo7hgzs.jpg
    Melanie got invited to another party at what used to be Landgraab Manor. She was pleasantly surprised to see both her son Evan, and her daughter Abigail at the party.

b5qxLh8.jpg
    Daisy decided to speak with Shonna, her Sprite from ITF. Quinton was thinking about Dwight for some reason, but I soon figured out why he was thinking of him.

tgJ92gc.jpg
    For some unknown reason, Quinton wanted to insult Dwight. They usually get along, but something made Quinton rage at him. Of course, things only go down hill from here, but I'm making you all wait until tomorrow for the drama.
    Langerak Family, Day 178

DYWDIiy.jpg
    Some of the family got up to eat breakfast together.

tEwtW3j.jpg
    Melanie decided to talk with her son-in-law about exercise. Before, Quinton hated exercise, but since he took a personality adjuster not long ago, he now loves exercise.

8f04CeX.jpg
    I kept forgetting to have Quinton throw concerts at the theater, so I decided it was just time to have him retire. Only Harlan and Melanie got there in time to congratulate him.

fSBGtDJ.jpg
    Daisy went to the alchemy store and bought somethings. One was a vampire elixir, which she threw at her cousin, Sheena Langerak. I never realized it, but I gave Sheena the same hair her mother Abigail has so they look more like twins except Abigail is a Adult.

BbtA1NL.jpg
    kiYmaTc.jpg
    At the park later, Quinton had a chat with the local stylist before throwing a protest against unskilled Sims. The crowd got really big after this picture was taken.

AiGwcCl.jpg
    Quinton was so happy by how well the protest went that he paid for a ton of people to eat, including his family. A few of the people outside were not his guests.

Day 179

lyoqUAC.jpg
    The following morning, no one really needed to eat breakfast since they didn't leave the restaurant until after midnight. Behind Harlan, you can tell that Daisy is still sleeping, but he had to go to work.

gONcmLy.jpg
    Even though Dwight has been at the top of his career for a while now, he still is a bit behind on his logic skill.

C3u8yCb.jpg
    sSWB64Z.jpg
    Dwight thought it was time for Daisy to progress in her martial arts skill, so they sparred. I believe Daisy still lost, but she did better. She was able to jump up to the next skill level, and got her new outfit.
    Langerak Family, Day 179 continued

wftfsiT.jpg
    fXrpMrz.jpg
    Then it was time for John to age up to teen. I feel like he just had a birthday, but then I remember I played a ton of days lately.

kroaQ03.jpg
    Since he is athletic, John ended up going right to the TV to exercise. Maybe Grandpa Dwight needs to start training him as well?

fFBtL69.jpg
    He didn't get to exercise for long, as the full moon rose up in the sky, causing his transformation.

68QOosP.jpg
    yMDe8BO.jpg
    When both John and Ariana transformed, Daisy peed herself... twice.

dVwOzc9.jpg
    It's a dark photo, but here is John's first time hunting.

T8G7YUD.jpg
    Quinton didn't pee himself, but he did pass out. How many times has he had to deal with their transformations?

EhQbbLn.jpg
    I forgot what these two were chatting about. I want to say Quinton was congratulating Harlan on becoming mayor.

c4U8EA6.jpg
    Dwight went outside to get the mail, when he decided to question Warren Dent. Too bad his name was Harvey Dent, then he could be Two-Face from Batman. Dwight is in good enough shape to be a superhero, now that I think of it. I guess Secret Agent Langerak is the closest he'll get.

On Day 180, I forgot to take many photo's, so here are the few I took for it.

jbahdiE.jpg
    The night before, Ariana had found another Tiberium when she was hunting, so Daisy took it and cut it. The cut gem and the dust turned into three valuable gems. When these sold, the bank account went over $1,000,000 so they are now officially millionaires. I also decided to have the family sell their two vacation homes as I'm probably done with WA in this save, except for some items I like to have like the chests, martial arts, etc.

DRAMA STARTS HERE

UsMFXkj.jpg
    This picture was caught at the last moment but Quinton started flirting with Melanie, who reciprocated. Harlan, Daisy, and John both disliked what was happening. I'm not sure which one they were more mad at.

97zmDM8.jpg
    I sent Dwight to bed, but he just would not sleep in the same bed as Melanie. Instead, I ended up kicking her out of the big bed, and gave her this smaller bed to sleep in.
    Langerak Family, Day 181

nLBviB7.jpg
    Funny enough, the two instigators of the drama ended up eating breakfast together.

T3zdrEU.jpg
    Melanie soon went to Dwight to apologize for her actions. Dwight told her he forgave her, yet he still has a 5 day betrayed moodlet. I decided to let autonomy influence their next actions...

aaNDoTP.jpg
    Autonomy immediately made Dwight insult Melanie, so their relationship started to drop a bit.

W0UPMbn.jpg
    Then Melanie had the nerve to try and get romantic with Dwight, but he rejected her, at least at first.

doysNfN.jpg
    However, they soon made up as Melanie pulled him in for a kiss. He didn't resist this time.

kR8XRZD.jpg
    Dwight did not forgive Quinton though, and he ended up insulting him next.

c8c7jAg.jpg
    He ended up crying in front of Daisy, once Quinton ran off.

4XTiXey.jpg
    I guess Quinton was mad that Melanie tried to fix her relationship, because he then started cussing Melanie out.

ZMboXJs.jpg
    To get some of his frustration out, Daisy decided to spar with him. He made a few mistakes, and Daisy ended up beating him. By this point, Dwight and Melanie are barely acquaintances but I'm letting autonomy decide how everybody reacts to each other at the moment.

3SbeLsd.jpg
    After getting off work, I let Ariana go to the Bistro for supper.

hbsdeQw.jpg
    CCdBQkR.jpg
    Dwight was still pretty mad at Quinton, so he took a Flask of Bee's and threw it at his feet. You can see the look of pain on Quinton's face as he is stung multiple times.

nEtxyG6.jpg
    John decided to invite Carly Lucas over for a visit. Carly only talked to him a minute, then said she needed to leave. :disappointed:

eq7NO2r.jpg
    However, when Ariana came home from supper, Carly decided she could stay after all and promptly asked for her autograph. Ariana obliged, then quickly befriended Carly.

bCQA3uK.jpg
    Ariana knew how much John talked out Carly, so she decided to do her part and ask Carly to stay the night. Carly said yes, so I gave her a quick makeover to get her more in line with her young adult looks.
    Langerak Family, Day 182

***Note: These next few posts are from my last play session, which was around Christmas 2021. There should be at least a couple of them.

jU1AlCT.jpg
    Today was Dwight's turn to make breakfast. I really wish they had more breakfast foods that Sims can make.

LV84kWB.jpg
    Being the chef this morning, Dwight was the first one to finish his food. Quinton got his about the same time that John's guest, Carly Lucas, got hers. And don't forget about Harlan, who is starting to become one of my favorite male Sims.

x4v0cGk.jpg
    Harlan talked with someone on the phone shortly after, and I believe it was to throw a wedding party.

N8M7zNZ.jpg
    Melanie has been trying to patch things up with Dwight, but it seems no matter what she says, he gets mad at her.

6NkjIYV.jpg
    John had a little bit of a chat with Carly, who is also his love interest.

kOXio5w.jpg
    Of course, Dwight then had to blow up at his wife, while his grandson was getting flirty with Carly.

paJ56z6.jpg
    At the exact moment that John kissed Carly, Quinton happened to come near them and he watched the whole thing. :lol:

vsnxva5.jpg
    Then for some reason, Quinton started yelling at Daisy. Daisy was clearly offended by her fathers behavior, she didn't even do anything wrong. Ariana can't figure out what happened to the man she loved.

nRySabK.jpg
    Ariana: Don't yell at your daughter on her wedding day, you je'rk! What is wrong with you?
    Quinton: I don't know, okay? I'm just not happy with my life right now.
    Daisy: (thinking) Dang, Mom's really tearing into Dad! I gotta record this!

TWzp6yo.jpg
    L9xv1Nq.jpg
    Things calmed down after this, and Harlan and Daisy were able to tie the knot with no issues. Daisy decided to take the Goth last name, but the story will still be called The Langerak Family because Dwight will become immortal and live with his future descendants.

ADfNrzW.jpg
    Several of the family members for the Goth's and the Langerak's showed up. One family member chose to have her baby during the cake cutting ceremony. I can't remember how she's related, but it's on the Langerak side I believe.

NbGLFzZ.jpg
    I forget what was going on here, but I'm almost certain that Dwight is upset about Melanie and Quinton's infidelity.

8xlNEIU.jpg
    When she tried to talk to him, Dwight ignored Melanie. They don't have much time left together, but I think their relationship is through.
    Day 182, continued

nsUCMYp.jpg
    Melanie tried to use the moodlet manager on Dwight to make him happier. It got rid of his bad moodlets, at least for a bit.

ynNLuUC.jpg
    Dwight: What is the point in trying to patch up our relationship? It's clear that you aren't happy in our marriage.
    Melanie: That's not it, I love you! I don't know why I flirted with Quinton. Can't you forgive me?
    Dwight: I'm sorry, but I don't think I can...

qFGTbgu.jpg
    jAzprRD.jpg
    Later that night, Melanie Langerak met the Grim Reaper and headed for the Netherworld. She and Dwight never got to reconcile.

PXdsr1r.jpg
    Dwight wasn't quite ready to let her go, despite the issues they had before she died so he decided to use this to bring her back.

jCCI9GE.jpg
    Melanie: Why did you bring me back? I was finally at peace in the Netherworld, then you drug me back here! If you didn't want to reconcile before I died, then I figure my death means we are done.
    Dwight: Fine, if that's the way you want it, I'm not going to try and resurrect you ever again. As far as I'm concerned, I'm free to get into a new relationship if I want to.
    Melanie: Do whatever you want, I don't care anymore.

Day 183

ypcth8E.jpg
    That morning, Dwight complained to Ariana about how Melanie acted. Ariana wasn't too keen on talking about it, she just kind of wanted to ignore the issue. She was mad at Quinton, as well as Melanie, but she wanted to work things out with her husband.

mAHN4Sk.jpg
    After eating breakfast at the diner, Harlan got to know his mother-in-law a bit better and they did their workouts together.

oQN4b5w.jpg
    Even though the plants were a bit frosty, Daisy needed to take care of them. Is it bad that I can't remember what season they are in at this moment? Guess that's what happens when I don't play for a while.

3sxrGLX.jpg
    For some reason, I bought one of the voodoo dolls for Daisy. She only used it in a beneficial way for her husband, but she might use the negative ones on other people.

7EoPMcZ.jpg
    I sent her upstairs a bit later on so that she could continue to learn alchemy. I'm going to need some Young Again elixirs to keep her young for a while, as I'm wanting to clear out some members first. Those members that are going to leave will be Quinton and Ariana (through death, so that will be whenever they get old enough), and John when he gets married to Carly.

BpQXB7G.jpg
    Harlan and Daisy sharing a kiss.

nkJLe83.jpg
    Dwight had an idea that may help Daisy out. He decided to resurrect one person who had more experience than any of them.

kJmxp0H.jpg
    For the first time in a long time, I got to play with the founder of this family, Emily Jones. Emily is an experienced witch and her expertise will come in handy for some elixirs. She is only back for a limited time, and will go back to the Netherworld again.
    Langerak Family, Day 184

MNve2mx.jpg
    I ended up changing my mind about keeping Emily around, except to make Young Again elixirs. She made three of them, and I'll just use mods to clone them whenever I need one.

vAnQj0N.jpg
    I'm not really sure why, but I saw that Quinton had the option to apologize to John, so I made him do so.

7l2jr1Z.jpg
    Dwight's logic skill is at the very minimum for where it should be for his job. I made him stay outside playing chess until the rain came and forced him back inside.

WxXpSVc.jpg\
    Quinton decided it was time for his son to learn to drive, so he took John around town until he completed.

JYD4jz7.jpg
    Dwight decided to get to know Harlan a bit better, but they are already best friends.

lhvInF8.jpg
    Harlan got invited to a party, so he took Daisy with him. I like her mermaid costume she picked out.

8VHpj97.jpg
    She went around meeting the guests, some she knew but others she didn't. She had to introduce herself to Toaster.

qvB8SUu.jpg
    In the meantime, Harlan was using it as an opportunity to gain campaign money. He is Mayor of Sunset Valley currently, but he wants to succeed Ariana as Leader of the Free World when she retires. Here, he is asking Abigail Langerak for donations, which she gave.

fXYjqu0.jpg
    Daisy started dancing to the music, so I had her call all the guests to come dance as well. They seemed to be having a good time.

yNHPa0e.jpg
    And lastly, the family ate a late supper together before heading to bed.
    edited January 2022
    Langerak Family, Day 185

YQwBRSo.jpg
    I opened the game the other day looking for the woodfire oven. However, I could not find it. Turns out that when I bought Monte Vista, I had forgot to download and install it into my game. Ariana was the first Sim to try it out, but she burnt the food and threw it away.

3LwlgJC.jpg
    sIwC3Pf.jpg
    Daisy and John had a little bit of a chat before he had to go to school. However, when she went to wash her hands, Daisy was sprayed by the sink. She had no proof that it was John, so there was nothing she could do. It could have even been Carly, as she visited a few days back and no one usually washes their hands in that sink.

M9ytYy6.jpg
    When Ariana finally got something made for breakfast, the family sat down to eat together.

FypeRKe.jpg
    After eating, Quinton decided to exercise some. He's retired now, so he doesn't have to worry about work anymore.

V7yb7t9.jpg
    Ariana and Quinton are still really close, even though he flirted with her mother. It's only Dwight that seems to harbor anger at Quinton now.

TIEjJij.jpg
    Dwight went to the park to look for a new romantic interest. Unfortunately, there weren't any good female Sims around. He did have chemistry with Malika Andrews, but she is an old woman and Dwight is an old young man. I did look at her as a young adult in CAS, and she wouldn't be too bad but I'm not doing it.

63UmFGB.jpg
    It's a good thing I decided against it because Malika started arguing with him shortly after.

r2rI9xK.jpg
    Harlan watched some TV since he didn't have work. His superior, Ariana, stood nearby in her nightgown.

XqOWEgl.jpg
    Leaving Malika, Dwight went to talk with his daughter, Abigail Langerak. Abigail had been inside the haunted house, becoming a temporary ghost. Dwight complained about Malika to her.

ohUzlRU.jpg
    Even though it is late fall, I realized that Daisy needed to take care of the garden. She got a lot of harvest, including 15 bags of money that equaled to like $5000, getting her closer to her next promotion.

30hTZ7V.jpg
    Ariana must have caught wind of something that John did because she scolded him for his actions.

hy4k9Ez.jpg
    Dwight got a phone call later that night from Cori Lucas. Cori wanted to know if Dwight wanted to go on a date, and he said yes. I let their conversation mostly be autonomous, and they ended up wanting to hold hands!

LF5roU4.jpg
    She also initiated an autonomous "Look At The Stars".

Sxvjw73.jpg
    For some reason, Quinton started arguing with his daughter again. The other Quinton, the one who moved to Riverview on day 150, was definitely a different person than this partial reboot version.
    Post edited by Brandontaylor on
    edited January 2022
    Langerak Family, Day 186

CMnUEGX.jpg
    For breakfast, Quinton ended up making a breakfast calzone for everyone in the family.

Ouo3dlP.jpg
    However, he was soon up to his old tricks, insulting John for being "good". John wasn't happy about it.

XuqgjX1.jpg
    Then, John apologized to Quinton for whatever Ariana had scolded him for and Quinton let him off the hook.

uhufH3t.jpg
    Quinton decided he wanted to go upstairs to paint a picture, which I let him do. I figured he'd stay out of trouble this way. :lol:

GarnNNW.jpg
    Daisy went to the alchemy store, just to see what was up for sale. She got a few elixirs, and she had a plan who to give one of them to.

YBTNM3u.jpg
    Daisy: Here, Grandpa, I got you a gift!
    Dwight: For me? You didn't have to buy me anything.
    Daisy: I know, but I wanted to.

Hbcvv8f.jpg
    After that, Daisy asked if they could spar together, as she felt she was ready to progress. She did alright, but Dwight easily beat her, and she didn't win even one round.

Z5pixiP.jpg
    Someone, probably John, put a whoopie cushion in the chair. It just so happened to be where Harlan wanted to sit.

5svlZa8.jpg
    Dwight decided now was a good time to drink his elixir Daisy gave him. The Potent Skill Booster completely maxed out Dwight's cooking skill, making him a master chef. He's going to start learning every recipe so that the family can have whatever food they want.

GtwzexM.jpg
    One of the first recipe books he read was for Chili Con Carne.

1SCTVff.jpg
    Harlan and Daisy spent a little romantic time together near the stairs leading up to the bedrooms.

NOOObsv.jpg
    Even though Dwight is now a master in cooking, he burnt his first attempt in the woodfire oven.

Q5wsNf2.jpg
    Dwight invited Evan and his family to come visit. However, the only person to show up was Rain. Dwight talked with her, and I made sure to watch them closely because I don't want anymore flirting with other peoples spouses... at least for the ones related to the family. If there was a lady that was married, and Dwight liked her, I'd let him get her. I just don't want like Quinton flirting with Melanie, or Harlan flirting with Ariana, for examples.

eFm0fYk.jpg
    Before bed, Harlan and Daisy woohooed.

BhPdjAt.jpg
    Lastly, Ariana talked a bit with her sister-in-law, until everyone needed to go to bed for the next day.
    Post edited by Brandontaylor on
    Langerak Family, Day 187

qwKiO64.jpg
    For breakfast, the family ate some pancakes.

rshTbR9.jpg
    The dishwasher broke, so Quinton was the best option to fix it. It didn't take him long at all, but he wanted to make it unbreakable now.

bafi92V.jpg
    Some woman kept harassing the family, so Daisy thought she'd use the voodoo doll on her. However, every interaction she tried to do would cancel out. I ended up using Total Annihilation to get rid of the lady.

UFYMk8M.jpg
    Dwight had questioned Rain Langerak the day prior, just so he could get a report in.

lvHg82a.jpg
    Quinton is trying to make amends for what he did, and Ariana has been happy to oblige.

QE1TFUh.jpg
    For either lunch or supper, Dwight grabbed his food but then just stood in the kitchen to eat.

08xENkd.jpg
    I ended up letting Quinton's hair go white, I added the wrinkles, and gave him a beard. Not sure I like it, but I'm sticking with it.
    Langerak Family Descendants

Here are a few pictures of some of Dwight and Melanie's other grandchildren and great-grandchildren. These are not all of them, so I'll do another one with the other few sometime during my days off.

CaG4wul.jpg
    Jenna Langerak is the eldest daughter of Sheena Langerak and Ivan Keaton. Dwight is her great-grandpa as he is Sheena's grandpa, and Abigail's dad.

Yg7Zc8N.jpg
    Tiana is the younger daughter of Sheena and Ivan. I believe the two of them took Sheena's last name since Sheena hasn't gotten married to Ivan yet. For some reason, it is saying that his mother is named Anne Keaton, yet Anne is listed on my Family Echo tree as being Malcolm Landgraab and Bella Bachelor's daughter. If this is the case, then Ivan should be Ivan Landgraab. I'm going to do some investigating to check on some of these family connections.

WRkZk5B.jpg
    Mason Langerak is the brother to Sheena and is Jenna and Tiana's uncle. He is currently dating Trish Sekemoto, who is descended from the Sekemoto's and Bunch's. This means that technically, Mason and Trish are distant relatives, but far enough that there isn't too much of an issue.

bde9BTJ.jpg
    The last of Abigail Langerak's children is Chiquita Langerak. She is currently married to Richie Goth, who just so happens to be the son of Harlan Goth. Of course, Harlan got de-aged, and is now married to my Sim heir, Daisy Langerak. This kind of will tie the Goth's and Langerak's back together besides just Harlan and Daisy.
    Langerak Family Update, Day 188

NTizJhX.jpg
    Dwight got to eat breakfast with his daughter, Ariana. They seem to be the first to wake up in the morning here recently.

wDilkLv.jpg
    Quinton wants to max out the handiness skill, but he's a bit off from hitting it. I'm going to try and have him accomplish this before he dies.

bEOEPsY.jpg
    Dwight decided to use his holo-computer to play some chess since it was cold outside. This is before I decided to move the chess table indoors, something I should have done a while ago.

0AMCQOZ.jpg
    Quinton went somewhere were he met with Brianna Alvi/Arellano/not sure what her current last name is...

zuAiuFK.jpg
    Now I did have the chess table indoors, so I tried to have Daisy call the first contestant towards anyone reaching the top of the chess tournament. Since they said no, Daisy decided to challenge Dwight. Before long, Dwight will be as intelligent as he is athletic.

OmMM6rZ.jpg
    Ariana used the family's dinner night to try to gain donations to stay as Leader of The Free World. She also had an opportunity where she was supposed to get $10,000.

nDiJF7L.jpg
    Ariana got invited to a party where her sister, Abigail, just so happened to be. Abigail has been very emotional as she recently lost her husband, Andrea Langerak. Andrea was a good husband and father, and was originally a pudding faced Sim I made over a bit. Ariana comforted her only sister.

Day 189

lSKzruz.jpg
    There were some leftovers that needed eaten, so I had the family pull some of them out for breakfast. However, one dish went bad and some Sims had to eat quick meals.

X8hoprS.jpg
    Harlan decided to try his hand at Mixology. He didn't do very well, though.

2LHzuYo.jpg
    Since Quinton wanted to learn handiness to the max, I bought the last book for him.

JmOg39A.jpg
    Harlan decided to throw a campaign fundraiser on his way to succeeding Ariana soon. Here, he is trying to get some money out of his brother-in-law, Michael Langerak.

aE7Hzbg.jpg
    Harlan got a call that Lydia Wolff had voted against him in the recent election, and he was to cut all ties with her. Needless to say, he accomplished this one very quickly. It made me remember when a while back, Ariana had to cut ties with L4U-RN for the political career, although that may have been in the version of this save where the family moved to Riverview after 150 days.

***Day 189 is a bit longer, and since I didn't take as many pictures for day 188, I decided to add the first few to 188. I will post the rest of the day coming up next.
    edited January 2022
    Langerak Family Update, Day 189 continued

960haEU.jpg
    kBoFmZ6.jpg
    Since the other two thirds of the triplets came to Harlan's fundraiser, he used it to throw birthday parties for his wife's aunt, uncle, and mother. First up, Abigail aged to elder. I gave her a bit of a makeover, just to fix her up a bit. However, I realized I didn't put her normal hairstyle on her, I'm changing that when I open the game in a bit.

zPzPAeV.jpg
    skRTydx.jpg
    Evan was next, and he didn't change too much, except for gray in his hair and few wrinkles.

COc0P9J.jpg
    HG4GXZb.jpg
    Lastly, Ariana had her age up. She is most likely going to stay as Leader of the Free World until Harlan gets promoted to that level. He should be serving as her VP soon as he is already governor of whatever state they are supposed to live in.

uUkKTfr.jpg
    The family was stopped from eating any cake until Ariana had aged up, but the guests grabbed cake from Abigail and Evan's before Ariana even had her age up. However, by the time she did, it was only the main household that were eating off Ariana's cake.

EVF8zIZ.jpg
    Dwight decided it was a good time to help his grandson learn to play chess. John at least got the basics down, which is amazing compared to my knowledge. I stink at chess so I don't even try.

vok48mL.jpg
    Ariana and Quinton shared some romantic time together. They should be very similar in age, but since Ariana is a werewolf, she has a longer lifespan than normal Sims. Of course, fairies live even longer, so her sister-in-law, Rain Langerak, will live past her, and maybe even Daisy.

RTx8ME6.jpg
    When Quinton went to woohoo with Ariana, he got pranked by John. He went ahead with the activities, then jumped in the shower to rinse his hair out.

Day 190

B5mbQzA.jpg
    Dwight had to let John off for another act of teenage pranks.

1GECgvN.jpg
    so4MxK1.jpg
    Dwight went to visit some of his descendants, this is his granddaughter, Sheena Langerak.

3gr9AYX.jpg
    He also got to know Jenna, pictured here, and her sister, Tiana.

QvvM3Jq.jpg
    And since I was so busy with Dwight meeting relatives, I only got this picture of Quinton and John exercising. This closes out my posts for tonight.