Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you want out of a Sixam / Alien dlc?

StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
edited October 2021 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Whether it is an expansion, gamepack, stuff etc.

I know aliens come with Get To Work. Ive been wanting to grab it on sale because aliens are the only "occult" life state i have interest in and id really love to own stores.

Id really love to see Sixam as a whole world.
And new interesting careers.

What kind of new outfits, activites, or interactions do you want to see?
The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    I like the idea of a world and careers, and various bb objects that are themed appropriately. It would be fun to have homes like the alien crash site from the Sims 2 console. Something I miss that's not directly alien related, is the biodome from Sims 2 console. That was my favorite location to visit and would look cool in an alien world. They brought the idea of that back in Sims 3, but not to live in.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    I like the idea of a world and careers, and various bb objects that are themed appropriately. It would be fun to have homes like the alien crash site from the Sims 2 console. Something I miss that's not directly alien related, is the biodome from Sims 2 console. That was my favorite location to visit and would look cool in an alien world. They brought the idea of that back in Sims 3, but not to live in.

I did like the crash site! I also like in TS3 you can sell alien secrets to the military. I think the military branch could have a influence in the dlc, or at least things like that.

• Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    I would love to have a livable alien world and lots of sci-fi build/buy and CAS.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited October 2021
    It's been a while since I last played Saxim. The first time through I built a home lot, only to discover that it totally messed up the party that was going on there. It is something that happens once your sim reaches a certain employment level in the Science career. I would love to see a small community built around it, meaning a couple of community areas, and a couple of rental-type lots, that could be converted over to lots you could purchase and live in, in the case of those playing alien sims. I would love for it to be locked, meaning you won't be seeing any nonalien sims walking around, just aliens. No phone calls from the earth, and no notification of anything that would be going on earth, such as the Romance Festival. Although communication through the computer would allow for some type of long-distance communication would be nice.
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Yeah--I'd love it if they expanded the aliens from GTW, so it was more developed like the vampires & spellcaster that came later. I'd also like a bigger Sixam world, maybe a "space explorer" aspiration that would include making contact with aliens and would go well with the scientist career, that sort of thing. Aliens are kind of my favorite, but they seem so BasicTM compared to other occults now, since they were the first they were trying out.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    It's been a while since I last played Saxim. The first time through I built a home lot, only to discover that it totally messed up the party that was going on there. It is something that happens once your sim reaches a certain employment level in the Science career. I would love to see a small community built around it, meaning a couple of community areas, and a couple of rental-type lots, that could be converted over to lots you could purchase and live in, in the case of those playing alien sims. I would love for it to be locked, meaning you won't be seeing any nonalien sims walking around, just aliens. No phone calls from the earth, and no notification of anything that would be going on earth, such as the Romance Festival. Although communication through the computer would allow for some type of long-distance communication would be nice.

Thatd be cool! Id also like all townie spawns to be alien. Well, most. Might be cool to see a townie in like a rocket suit once or twice 🤔

• Options
    If they ever did expand aliens, one thing I would want to see is the ability to delete their disguise the way you can a vampire's dark form. I never use dark form and I never use the alien disguise.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    If they ever did expand aliens, one thing I would want to see is the ability to delete their disguise the way you can a vampire's dark form. I never use dark form and I never use the alien disguise.

Also to copy their outfits would be nice, like they do with the vampires.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    No but I want all Supernatural life stages to get an overhaul so that Mermaids and Aliens are as detailed as Vampires or Wizards.
    Skill tree, meaningful special abilities...

I also want the masquerade to be meaningful. The whole idea that "look, aliens are wearing a disguise... btw there is Alien Night at the bar tonight and all of them are walking around in plain sight. Logical, innit?" is so DUMB, quite honestly, from the devs side. It obviously means they threw away an entire gameplay mechanic for a laugh.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I would love to see what Batuu didn't offer, alien harvest ables, dishes, alien customs, advanced science and interplanetary exploration, living pets, lots of gadgets, etc.
  • Options
    An alien pet would be so cool!

• Options
    Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,114 Member
    My top careers for Get to Work refresh or mod:
    • Fashion designer
    • Car mechanic / restorator

Skills:
    • Sewing
    • Restoration

Items
    • Drawing board
    • Sewing machine
    • Garage clutter
    • Sewing clutter

Lot types:
    • Mechanic workshop
    • Clothing shop
  • Options
    Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    Maybe shoot for an aesthetic between Sims 3's Lunar Lakes and Into The Future, and just come up with a few neat gameplay changes they can do.
  • Options
    ghamrick75ghamrick75 Posts: 134 Member
    To the original poster's question (though yes, I do think aliens and mermaids both need an overhaul involving skill trees too!):

I would love to see something that gives some variety to aliens of Sixam. I don't mean just differentiating them from their human sims counterparts but to one another. I had an analogy for this involving the Vulcans and Romulans on Star Trek though I am not sure how well it works. (Not much of a Star Trek fan so forgive me there.) Essentially though, I would love items and clothing that show that the aliens of Sixam are not some monoculture in the same way that the humans of Earth are not a monoculture.

I would love to see what their decor might be like on their homeworld. A few new plants.

Some references to Blade Runner and the cyberpunk genre might be fun too.

Origin ID: ghamrick75
    (I'm been redoing my gallery stuff so bear with me. FYI: I never use CC on my gallery builds. I rarely use MOO.) I am usually more pleased with my room builds than my lot builds.

“I have never met such weird yet serious and earnest people.” ― Jack Kerouac, The Dharma Bums
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    #makealiensawesome
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I would also like to see Sixam as a world like going into the future like in Sims 3 but with different type of alien species. Also what they eat and drink.
  • Options
    sararinisararini Posts: 4 New Member
    Alien pets! So many possibilities.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    anything new for aliens would make me happy
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,344 Member
    I love the aliens and I really wish they had gotten a larger, livable world that has lots you can fully build on and designate lot types. Even just a five lot world like the vampires got would make me happy. I also want futuristic/alien looking furniture, decor, and clothing, and some alien recipes using those alien harvest-able quill fruits and such.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I personally would be unlikely to buy a Sixam pack of any sort unless they do some kind of Get To Work refresh that includes making aliens far less annoying. Especially their voices. :grimace: They literally hurt my head so much that I've now banned aliens from my game except for the few I'd need to complete Scientist career stuff (after which I delete them or turn them into humans). As a sci-fi aficionado I'm sad to have to do that.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    Unsure really because i feel like whatever is done to aliens lifestate itself has to be get to work

so for get to work refresh:

•ability to copy alien form to normal form like vampires
    • player ownable saucers
    •laser cannons for those saucers >:) (ts3)
    • ability to abduct sims with the saucer (has to be on same lot/neighborhood area)
    (works like normal abduction but you can have your played alien as the pollinator)
    •maybe they could also have pollinator career or we could just set the npc role to alien of choice or both
    •disable/enable randomized townie aliens spawning
    • alien abductions as lot challenge
    (so autonomously it doesn't occur without lot challenge)
    •alien/space/science related aspirations
    • small telescope and microscope though it could also be base game i guess
    •cross pack functions like being able to use strangerville lab as the science career lab

•free those collectable alien thingies from their way too small confinements thank

•Sixam made liveable though not sure how that would work
    •more alien body details! like antennas and whatnot

aside from all this I wouldn't mind separate pack for these things that do go with aliens but do not require it:

• pet aliens
    • visiting different planets
    • space world
    • living on spacecrafts
    • space exploration in general
    • futuristic city with flying vehicles and all that cyberpunk neon into the future dystopia/utopia techy idk stuff
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Simmingal wrote: »

I had one random abduction years ago when GTW first came out and I was trying the game, none since. Not a single one. I've tried various things people said would help you have them, but still none. I quit playing the game after GTW and didn't pick it up again until 2019, but I gather that at some point during that time they nerfed aliens, so that's why I'm not getting abductions.

I want to be able to choose to get my Sims abducted (or not) the way we could in Sims 2. A lot trait would be one way to do that. Add it until you get abducted, then remove it if you don't want them anymore. Or, add a SMALL telescope that you can use on any lot that triggers them if used during certain hours like Sims 2.
  • Options
    HalvareshHalvaresh Posts: 22 Member
    I've been wanting to see a return of the clean look of the Into The Future (minus the time travel aspect).
    I do appreciate the grunginess of the Batuu pack for some sci fi builds, but I want the cleaner brighter lines of the Future build & CAS items.

Sixam as a world would be fantastic too - an excellent hub for supernatural interactions that the "normies" can ignore completely if they want to.
    But the clean look of the build items would draw them in for sure.
    And the world can be divided into neighborhoods for different styles & colors as well.
    Clean, bright & futuristic to a grungy marketplace to a brightly colored, mystical garden area. Easy as.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »

I had one random abduction years ago when GTW first came out and I was trying the game, none since. Not a single one. I've tried various things people said would help you have them, but still none. I quit playing the game after GTW and didn't pick it up again until 2019, but I gather that at some point during that time they nerfed aliens, so that's why I'm not getting abductions.

I want to be able to choose to get my Sims abducted (or not) the way we could in Sims 2. A lot trait would be one way to do that. Add it until you get abducted, then remove it if you don't want them anymore. Or, add a SMALL telescope that you can use on any lot that triggers them if used during certain hours like Sims 2.

yeah i havent had unwanted abductions but thats probably cause id want them to happen more often :sweat_smile: which is why i said to make them lot challenge

cause then people who like them can have them and nerfing folk can toggle them off easily by not using the lot challenge on their lots
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,651 Member
    I would love to play a Doctor Who storyline with a fully developed alien world. And a Tardis. 😀