Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A bug with police in certain worlds

So through another thread I had learned that certain worlds have a bugged police officer in that the world starts with a police officer missing the can apprehend burglar trait. In fact here is the exact quote:
When a police NPC service sim is summoned to a lot with a burglar on it, whether by the burglar alarm or by your own sim, by design the NPC sim should engage the burglar in an all out brawl. At times this does not occur, even when the NPC sim arrives in time to intercept the burglar and there are no routing issues. This is caused by the particular police NPC sim not having the correct trait applied, which is:

- Can Apprehend Burglar

This is a hidden trait which is not available to players in CAS. The police NPC sim requires this trait in order to catch burglars - without it the police NPC sim will just stand there and do nothing. Whether or not this is considered a glitch shall be left up to the player to decide.

This issue can be noticed in the following expansion pack towns:

- Bridgeport (Late Night)
- Moonlight Falls (Supernatural)
- Isla Paradiso (Island Paradise)

This issue is also present in a number of EA Store towns as well.

It should be noted that new police NPC sims generated by the game WILL have the proper hidden trait applied to them by default. Therefore an expedient way to deal with "incompetent" police NPC sims is to use testingcheatsenabled and delete them outright!

I can confirm that the bug does exist, as I had been playing Hidden Springs and my family had a burglar show up twice. First time, he set off burglar alarms and when the officer showed up, the officer just stood there then the two walked past one another and the officer proclaimed "shoots he got away". Then the second time, burglar was smarter, didn't go inside the house but stole the family car and an all-in-one outdoor bathroom.

That was when I found that now, no longer existing thread. So given I likely was not the only one who has a useless police officer I can confirm that deleting the bugged officer does work. Though I heard nraas has a way to add the appropriate trait to the officer (which unfortunately I did not know how to do and had already deleted the bugger). But today loaded my game and the burglar showed up again. I thought "okay moment of truth!"

Screenshot-31.jpg
Screenshot-32.jpg

So the new officer the game generated has the trait! So if you have the same bug I hope this thread helps you out.
tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.

Comments

• IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I'm currently playing in Hidden Springs, and I had the same issue. The burglar came, was stopped by the alarms, which I always place on the outside of the house. When the police officer came, the burglar ran off right past the police officer, who completely ignored him. I guess next time I'm in my game, I'll check on the police and make sure they have the trait. I usually give all the police officers level 10 skill in athletic too, which seems to help.
  • nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    I'm currently playing in Hidden Springs, and I had the same issue. The burglar came, was stopped by the alarms, which I always place on the outside of the house. When the police officer came, the burglar ran off right past the police officer, who completely ignored him. I guess next time I'm in my game, I'll check on the police and make sure they have the trait. I usually give all the police officers level 10 skill in athletic too, which seems to help.

yeah I don't mess with their traits cuz it would be one thing if they fought the burglar and he came out on top and got away. Just something else entirely when the officer arrives, stands there and lets the thief just walk past him to drive away. So since EA doesn't want to do anything to fix this bug themselves, and they even removed the thread I got the quote from because it was "too old", I decided to make this thread so that people who are unaware of this bug will have a way to fix it for their game.
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.