Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The "Cake Baking" conundrum

I, like others, have thought for a while that, with the inclusion of a baking skill, it's bit weird that so many cakes & pies & things are still only considered "cooking" or "gouurmet cooking". I believe there's even been mods about this. However, personally I also feel like certain cakes in cooking and gourmet cooking are to baked (heh) into the game that moving them to baking entirely and making them based on the baking skill wouldn't be very feasible or make sense in terms of how the game actually works. But! With the introduction Snowy Escape skills, they've given me an idea of how to fix this in a way I think will actually work, and also shouldn't be too hard or game breaking of an overhaul.

Basically, in Snowy Escape, you can, say, go rock climbing and this will build your sim's rock climbing and fitness skill. So, why not keep all the recipes where they are now, be unlocked with the same cooking or gourmet cooking skill, make them continue to build the cooking or gourmet cooking skill BUT have "cooking" cakes or cookies or pies also build the baking skill? Which would then unlock other baking recipes, and get our sims more naturally into baking in an organic way! Like with rock climbing, the skill gain wouldn't be as much as the cooking one they're getting, so there would still be room for honing the baking skill more quickly with official "baking" recipes as well.

Anyway, I think it might work, & if they did this, maybe one of my sims would actually get level 2 in baking for the first time! XD

Comments

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Sounds good to me. It still bugs me that birthday cakes weren't moved over to baking,.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.