Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Many Kits Have You Purchased?

How Many Kits Have You Purchased? 88 votes

25% 22 votes
17% 15 votes
14% 13 votes
12% 11 votes
30% 27 votes

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,865 Member
    Oops. For some reason the 0 option didn't save.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I didn't get them (mostly) right away.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Most of them except the horrible Bust the Dust. I will never ever get that disgusting kit. :s
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I have Bust The Dust (love it!), Throwback Fit (the clothes are awesome actually lol) and Country Kitchen right now. I will be buying the other two as well, just haven't yet. :)
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Only Bust the Dust. When i played the game i wasn't interested in BB and Cas kits because they bring so few content and the themes weren't interesting enough... BtD was disapointing but gameplay kits still have a lot of potential...
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I have Courtyard Oasis. So far it's the only one I've seen (including the so-far known coming ones) that made me feel like it would be worth the un-discounted fiver, so it's the only one I've got. I'm fine with that.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    I have four. My personal favourites are the Country Kitchen and Oasis Courtyard kits 😊.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    None. I was flirting with Bust the Dust when it was announced, but decided against it after players reported the many issues they had with it.

I'm not against kits per se, but so far there haven't been any that I was really interested in. I would immediately buy a Disney princesses kit with the iconic dresses and accessories from the movies if they made one.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I have bought 0. I decided beforehand that I would only buy gameplay kits and there's only Bust the Dust. I really wanted to get that one for the new aspirations, but saw it had many problems and didn't want those in my game. I think there's still some issues with the moodlets. I might buy CAS/gameplay kits at some point, depends what they come up with. Undecided.
  • RubyxAngelRubyxAngel Posts: 333 Member
    I have bought 0 so far, I miss the stuff packs now they were better
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2021
    Zero. When I saw Bust the Dust I thought that was an interesting idea to have gameplay in a kit for $5.00. But it seems all the kits are no more than CAS assets etc. and not even a gameplay item like in Stuff Packs. I know everyone is into culture things these days but if they want to do Decades packs that might be more interesting as kits. I don't need everyone's culture in my game, but I would enjoy theme kits, like western, flashback to the '50's, the roaring twenties etc. if it is mainly just going to be cas or minor build item assets like the last several. I would like a 40's kit sometime in the future to dress the Dough Boys and the McGuire Sisters. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited September 2021
    0 so far, kits don't offer enough content for me. I have looked at a few of them and considered buying them, but then I immediately afterwards go "what am I gonna do after I bought them?" and the answer is that I will probably end up making some outfits in CAS or building something.

After 7 years that's not enough variety for me. I kinda need packs to catch my interests and try out things in cas, build/buy and live mode.

Maybe kits will catch my interests one day, but so far they haven't.
  • Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    I purchased 3 that I felt are in sync with my gameplay and styles I like: Oasis Kit, Country Kitchen and Throwback Kit. I was considering Bust the Dust for a split second, but dust bunnies and sparkling floors was what turned me off. I could get it for the house getting dirty and sims drowning in dirt lol, but these addition were just way too silly for me.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I love Bust the dust!
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    The best part about bust the dust is the Roomba. 😁
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I have only purchased Bust the Dust so far and it's been quite annoying. I really wish dust just accumulated and there wasn't all these weird moodlets and annoying sniffing idle that it comes with! They went way over the top with a tiny pack that should have just included an extra chore for your Sims to partake in. I think that Neat and Slob sims could have been the only ones who got most of those new moodlets. Dust Bunnies are cute but insanely overpowered by the stuff they bring you. That being said, I plan on never buying any CAS or Build Mode kits as there already is a plethora of custom content that I already have. I am curious to see if they ever do a gameplay one in the future and how they implement it!
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    So far, just two (Country Kitchen, Courtyard Oasis.) I plan to get industrial loft at some point, because while industrial isn't really my aesthetic, I can see having some sims who fit that vibe.

Eventually, I'll get some of the CAS ones as well, starting with Fashion street when it drops.

I'll get Bust the Dust when it's the only one I need to fill out a bundle... except to date, Kits aren't in bundles. :wink: Future Gameplay kits depend entirely on what sort of gameplay they include, but Chore ones won't exactly be high on the list.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I ended up getting them all. I seriously considered not and was never particularly impressed, but when kits first dropped I wanted to give the concept a chance and tried all three exemplar kits. I actually really like the idea of niche gameplay kits in particular and I think Bust the Dust packed a decent bit into a kit. Shame we haven't seen more of them.

Anyway, I never have any problems with Bust the Dust and it is always active, but it is never good to have DLC launch buggy. Country Kitchen I couldn't judge very objectively because I had wanted kitchen stuff in that theme anyway, but I don't hate any of the BB kits. That whole thing with the Industrial Loft window was kind of off putting, though.

My least favorite kits are the CAS ones just because they are underutilizing the possibilities. CAS is so much more than just clothes and the kits representing them aren't doing well at showing that off. I'm loving Fashion Street, though. Definitely snatching that up.

All in all, I am fairly neutral/mixed with kits. It isn't anything hype worthy, but two in particular have themes I really like. Granted, if I had to pay in anything other than USD I doubt I could justify it. It cannot cost more than my Starbucks coffee.
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    0, though maybe it will change someday.

I wish Bust the Dust would have worked the same way as Laundry Day. I would've bought it if it did. Most of my sims are tidy, so I'm not too excited to have many sparkly floors and BtD related moodlets in my game. I would have wanted to pick one or two families who clean a lot and get the benefits and one or two families with very dirty homes and then the rest of my families I would have liked to keep without the BtD chores. I know I could toggle it on and off from the settings, but I'm not too excited about that and wonder how well it would work.

I have so much clothes and items in game already that I'm not too excited about the CAS and BB kits, but if there's something really cool that I want then I'll definitely consider getting it :smile:
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    All of them! :D
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • auricio288auricio288 Posts: 149 Member
    I haven't bought the industrial one yet. I'm a little sick of this game, I guess...
    Zvt4d0O.gif
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    0, not that I'm not interested, but this game doesn't necessarily need more stuff- it desperately needs its bugs fixed.
    And due to the game being so buggy, I've lost interest in the game and I don't feel I should waste money on something I barely play anymore.
    And I'm not too happy about the pricing, they could have been a bit cheaper when compared to the other (more recent) packs.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Just bought the last two, so all of them until the new ones drop. Can't wait!
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    Zero. I was kind of interested in the Country Kitchen Kit until Cottage Living came out. The items look similar, so I don't know if I would need two sets.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Zero. I'm looking at the India inspired one though. The clothes are super pretty.