Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How is it done?

Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
Can someone tell me how this builder accomplished the crossed beam decoration on this house? It's the first house shown.

https://modshost.com/sims4/house-lots/country-familiar-house-no-cc/

Comments

• abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    edited September 2021
    Hi Inna, they use a mod called "T.O.O.L" and debug items. Nocc is used to accomplish crossed beams. Here is a link to the site of the Tool Mod Link

Link to the tutorial.
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    Ok, thanks. I didn't really think the vanilla game could do it. It seems pretty sketchy to call I nocc and use a mod.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited September 2021
    Ok, thanks. I didn't really think the vanilla game could do it. It seems pretty sketchy to call I nocc and use a mod.

“NO CC” does not equal “NO MODS” , but in this case you do not need to have the T.O.O.L mod installed for the lot to look exactly the way it was built.

The items will still show up using the same property values (rotation, scale etc.) it’s just that editing those values is currently not possible without the T.O.O.L mod, if that makes any sense?
  • DeanXeLDeanXeL Posts: 289 Member
    Also, there is a way to get a similar effect, but you'd have to forfeit the open space behind the beams.
    Grab a few roofs for the diagonal bits, place a few trims for the horizontal ones and keep the vertical beam in the center (use debug and moveobjects to raise the beams on top of each other) ;-)

ouJglmB.png
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    Ok, I see it now, @DeanXeL You are brilliant, thank you!