Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Looking for mod that stops mood from counting towards job performance

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, I didn't see a mods category for TS3.
I just got TS3 and my first sim is a workaholic journalist. Something I noticed is that she keeps getting promoted when her 'mood' performance bar is full. Since she's a workaholic she's always happy at work so it goes up fast and she gets promoted very often. I'm not the biggest fan of this, because it makes getting promoted way too easy.
So now I'm wondering if there is a mod that makes it so your sim's mood doesn't count towards getting a promotion, or one that at least lessens the impact of it.

Comments

• BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited September 2021
    Uh ... Workaholics put everything into their work.
    They also tend to get promoted quicker and more often ... Because they work their [censored] off.

It's not a mood thing ...
    It's the way the world should work, and in a lot of cases does.

If you want a lazy, good for nothing, loser that hardly ever gets promoted ...
    Play a Socially Awkward, Smoozer, Couch Potato ... :D

Happy Simming!

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Garaya13Garaya13 Posts: 60 Member
    Thanks for the info.
    I thought it was a mood thing because that performance bar fills up really fast and she's consistently gotten promoted when that bar was full.
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited September 2021
    Garaya13 wrote: »
    Thanks for the info.
    I thought it was a mood thing because that performance bar fills up really fast and she's consistently gotten promoted when that bar was full.
    Mood does make a difference in work performance, and it will affect how quickly any Sim gets promoted.

However ... It is not realistic to think that a Workaholic at work would not be in a good mood.
    Likewise, they demonstrate the mood, aptitude and performance that makes them more desirable
    and valuable to the employer, and thus more favorable for promotion.

It is a benefit from the Workaholic trait.
    In comparison to real life, Workaholics often have several successful careers in different fields over a lifetime.
    For the most part, they eventually surpass the ability to be promoted, because they become self-employed.

Long story short ... Your assessment regarding the impact of mood was not incorrect.
    The idea that a Workaholic would be satisfied with the pursuit of mediocrity, would be incorrect.

Before all that sounds rosy ... It often is accompanied by less desirable costs.
    They often have a poor or non-existent family life, and it is terrible for your health.

Happy Simming!
    I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA