Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which expansion pack should I get next?

My birthday is this week, I want to know what packs people think I should get, since I'm undecided.

What I currently own: Get to Work, Seasons, Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escapes, Cottage Living. Also Batuu, Realm of Magic, Nifty knitting, Tiny Living, Romantic Garden, Spooky, and Country Kitchen.

Which expansion pack should I get next? 56 votes

Discover University
3%
PlayerSinger2010Geralt_ofRivia 2 votes
Island Living
5%
LiELFHavenRoseCarnation77 3 votes
Cats and Dogs
26%
Akl500PIcewolfmaggiemae8135simgirl1010JestTruannaliese39RedShoe7Hearts4uMirkaKaroliinaKimmerClousinatorsReaganboganCalico45SkyrryxSilverRavenWolfy 15 votes
Get Famous
7%
quinhobpAineYBNS2468ddd994 4 votes
City Living
32%
freindlylolxMyrthetexxx78SnaveXsBreazonamusteniFanPhoriaCattyBetsyEvilyn_1007Behappy1stMondayTTNsimmerSharoniaViolettaDaWaterRatEllupelluelluCaprianaBVeeDub 18 votes
Get Together
25%
LaBlue0314BlkBarbiegalMariefoxprice83LustianiciataydevTwoeta_BirdMDianaSimssinnyonceAtreya33SERVERFRARememberJoyPurpleHeatherSagaLundkvistEternalSunshine 14 votes

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited September 2021
    Get Together
    I voted for Get Together, because of all those packs, I am still enjoying many aspects of it. I still use the club system for so many things, and not involving going out to party all night - that gets old. I use the club system to keep my sim's extended family connected with a click of a button. I've used it to also have parents not living in the home to come for a visit. I've used it so the children can easily invite all their friends over for a sleepover, and so on. I've had Get Together since the day of release.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Cats and Dogs
    I have a number of problems with C&D, but looking at your list of packs and the ones you are considering C&D seems to match your preferences best. At least in the absence of any stated preferences.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    City Living
    I know I'm an outlier here, but I never got into clubs even for non-club gatherings, and while Windenberg is pretty, it's also big, which makes it sometimes feel empty. City Living just felt more like "real life" to me. Even if I don't have my sims live in San Myshuno, I have them pop in regularly for the Romance festival or Geek Con or the Spice festival. With Seasons set to two weeks I even set my "summer break" as Humor and Hijinks to Geek Con (or vice versa, depending on when I start in the schedule. The five festivals occur over the course of two weeks and then repeat.)

As someone who lives just outside a major city that has a few food festivals every year, the idea of popping "into the city" or "downtown" for an evening of food and music just seems normal to me, and it something I like to have my sims do too.

That and I love the eclectic build/buy and CAS elements inspired by various cultures around the world.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    City Living
    I like the other EPs listed in the poll, but I noticed you already have a lot of suburban and rural worlds and activities, so maybe now you need a bit of urban style to mix it up. ;)
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    Cats and Dogs
    I would look at the gameplay in each pack. I usually try to find gameplay videos on a pack I am interested in to see how the gameplay works out. They are all good packs depending on how you want to play. I own all of them and enjoy them each. If you like the country look, Brindleton Bay in Cats & Dogs is beautiful, the vet career is fun, and I can't live without my cats and dogs. That is why I voted for that pack. But again, it depends on how you want to play. Hope you find one you enjoy!
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Hmm… do you enjoy playing with different life states? I see that you added ROM, Batuu and Get to Work. Island Living adds mermaids and a really wonderful world.

Cats and dogs are fun and come with a great world as well.

Is there something that you feel is missing in your game?
  • Options
    Good points all. I do like the different "occult" beings, and that's what I find interesting with Island Living. I would probably get that in a bundle with Vampires if I choose that one. That and the waterfront lots, I really miss them from The Sims 2.

Cats and Dogs does seem to be popular, and is currently leading in the poll. I was actually debating getting that the last time I bought one, but went with Seasons instead. I'm always looking for new neighbourhoods. And it meshes nicely with Nifty Knitting, as you can knit animal clothing.

I was looking at the roommate system for Discover University, but haven't seen much other than that to recommend it yet.

I honestly don't know much about the rest, and have been trying to find videos about them, but haven't watched many yet. I know City Living has festivals and apartment buildings, and Get Together has the build items to build the Tudor style buildings I like, but that's about all I know about the packs so far.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    Cats and Dogs
    I like Discover University for the most part but, I was very disappointed that you can't place a household in the dorm and play with them as a household. You can only play one sim at a time. If rotate, the grades of the one you aren't playing are affected as well as ability to enroll for next term, which is frustrating for me. Videos by game changers are easier to look up and they covered most of the packs. If you search ea game changers gameplay videos with specific game pack name you should be able to find them. And I find Carl's Guide gameplay videos informative as he seems to be very honest about his opinions on the gameplay/packs. He also has guides online you can read through that are very informative about gameplay.

• Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    City Living
    As usual obvs, kinda depends on your play style and what you're looking for. I think all the packs listed have something to recommend them really. Based on what I would probably get, I picked City Living, as, like some others have said, apartments and festivals are things that make the sim world feel a lot more "real" to me, as it's been a big part of my own life. But, that might not be the case for you, and I concur that the Cats & Dogs and Get Together worlds are great additions as well. Personally, I think I use all the game elements from those packs listed from time to time, so I don't think there's a "bad' answer here, just go with what feels right to you!
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Get Together
    Windenburg goes perfectly with Henford. Plus, it has fun outdoor parties & sims can have any types of clubs if they want to.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Island Living
    I would recommend Island Living for the Occult player. I honestly wasn't that interested in it when it was announced but I got it for mainly the Mermaids and I find that I play with them all the time. I also really love the world and use it a lot, especially the volcano island. I put a shipwrecked pirate on the shipwreck lot using costumes from Spooky Stuff and Get Famous, a group of evil Sirens on the little island sand bar and made their Mer forms creepy and twisted, and I put a Voodoo Mambo in her rickety hut on the lot near the volcano (used the Realm of Magic pack so she's a Spellcaster). I'm putting a Mer kingdom in the western map of broken islands and deep water and I might change up the main section to be more of a "Tortuga, Smuggler's Cove" area.

Sulani has become one of my favorite worlds for its versatility for my gameplay style so I definitely recommend it. :)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Carnation77Carnation77 Posts: 3 New Member
    Island Living
    I voted for Island Living.

Your sims need a place where they can simply relax. Think about houses full of light, surrounded by lush vegetation and white sand, where your sims can spend their days doing what they love most in total peace (mine like to write and do yoga in the house they got in Mua Pel'am), going on walks on the beach, swimming among the dolphins or simply lazing about, lulled by the sound of the sea and seagulls.
    It's quite funny, because in real life, I deeply hate heat, huge bodies of water (I don't know how to swim:-P) and everything related to the beach, but some of my sims were literally born just to live in Sulani.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    City Living
    San Myshuno feels so alive... it's a different experience from all the other worlds.
  • Options
    ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    Cats and Dogs
    Personally I would say Cats & Dogs.
    Sulani from Island living is my favorite world by far, I think its the most beautiful, however I haven't used the mermaids almost at all and thats about all the major gameplay I've noticed.
    City Living is another cool world and I like that they added apartments. A few more (better) build/buy items than Island Living but I don't really care about the festivals so its not on the top of my favorite packs list.
    I just got Get Together so I am not as familiar with it. The country side of Windenburg is pretty. The club system seems cool and like it will be convenient for story play or achievement hunting. I am a big builder and like the tudor style build/buy items in this pack.
    I don't have University or Get Famous.

Cats & Dogs would be my favorite out of the listed because I feel like it might offer the most. I love animals so being able to have a cat or a dog is a huge plus. And I've been playing more recently and have been noticing all the cute things they do and how you can interact. I also use the Build/buy items the second most out of all the packs I own (seasons being used the most and my favorite pack). Also Brindleton Bay is my second favorite world. Hills and fall foliage with water views from a lot of lots.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Get Together
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I voted for Get Together, because of all those packs, I am still enjoying many aspects of it. I still use the club system for so many things, and not involving going out to party all night - that gets old. I use the club system to keep my sim's extended family connected with a click of a button. I've used it to also have parents not living in the home to come for a visit. I've used it so the children can easily invite all their friends over for a sleepover, and so on. I've had Get Together since the day of release.

I second this
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie