Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Season, New Sims! New Kits!

Comments

• Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Oooo henna hand painting!
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    More knitted jackets for men, yay πŸ˜ͺ
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    The Incheon stuff looks pretty much like everything else we have in-game already. Looks-wise, not that they literally reskinned past clothes again. The Fashion Street stuff is also ehh, but at least the patterns are sweet.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    PeppersPeppers Posts: 86 Member
    I may pass on both. The fashion street kit looks like stuff we already have so I will definitely pass. And the incheon kit looks quite boring to me although I guess I would have to see the full content of the kit. At least it is more modern and if you are like me and don't do CC, then you could always need more modern clothes.
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    edited September 2021
    Sul sul Simmers!

We've got not one but two kit announcements today!

Click the links here to learn more about Fashion Street and Incheon Arrivals.

Happy Simming! :)
    Post edited by EA_Cade on
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    I find it a bit strange that two kits are being released together. Considering what was said when kits first came out:

Four kit announcements and no pack announcements does make it seem a little like kits are being pushed more than packs right now. I'm sure there is a good reason for it, I just wish they'd let us in on it.

I'm glad we have more CAS kits though, although I don't these ones are for me. :smile:
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    I also find it slightly irritating how they talk as if we can visit these places in game when obviously we can't...

oh well saves me money not having to get these
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    Enjoy free updates that add dimension to your Sims' lives, let you customize your space with color and unlock new ways to play... :D

Ohh I am so excited to see what all they have in store! <3

I think we just found out what they meant about color - all those new swatches. But yes, I'm excited to see what the kits are too.
    image.png
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited September 2021
    It's also pretty weird for them to announce them so early. With the last kits it has been much closer to release. I'm just assuming it is to do with some sort of partnership/PR thing.

As for kits getting in the way of packs... *shrug* I doubt they'd ever admit it. They could blame the free update content, and that honestly might be true. I think the free updates have been pretty nice lately.
  • Options
    At least both packs seem to include a rather pretty short male hairstyle. The "Korean" was really missing in the game.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited September 2021
    The new free update with 1,200 new color variants for 149 items seems great.

The kits seems to consist of clothes from areas in the world that we can't visit or build or play in the sims.
  • Options
    logion wrote: Β»
    The new free update with 1,200 new color variants for 149 items seems great.

The kits seems to consist of clothes from areas in the world that we can't visit or build or play in the sims. What are we supposed to do with these? Play City Living for the 1000th time?

The Asian kit combines well with Snowy Escape, but it looks very beige ...
  • Options
    At least both packs seem to include a rather pretty short male hairstyle. The "Korean" was really missing in the game.

Oups, the hairstyles are even basegame πŸ‘
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited September 2021
    I've been wearing kolhapuri sandals for pretty much my entire life (since the 70's) and have always been on the hunt for a pair of cc ones for my sims but have never been able to find any, so I'm super happy to see we're getting them in the Fashion Street kit!

*doing the happy hippy dance*
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited September 2021
    nvm. already said :sweat_smile:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    The fashion street kit looks nice but it might be a while before I get it.

Have been playing offline since about two or three weeks after CL was released.

I won’t update my mods until there is an interesting Game Pack or Expansion.

Well, it is always nice to have things to look forward to. Will be fun to see screenshots from with the stuff from other players after they are released.
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    The kits look nice! I'm more interested in these new swatches though...
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Does anyone think the art for the new kits look like vintage travel posters? Maybe the speculations about a travel pack with hotels might come true. :smiley:
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    Does anyone think the art for the new kits look like vintage travel posters? Maybe the speculations about a travel pack with hotels might come true. :smiley:

Ohh that's a nice thought!
    Also, we got the Country kitchen kit shortly before Cottage Living, so maybe the two country themed CAS kits are a sign of things to come?
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Omg they have a south Asian kit!!!! All of my fashion and saris are there!!! 😱😱😱😱 wasn't expecting that... *hits instabuy*πŸ‘€
    Now I think I'll try out a simself with this....
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited September 2021
    South Korean fashion kit? Love Korean fashion. I have so many of their dresses. They make the cutest dresses. Japan does too. *hits instantly then runs off to check out next kit*πŸ‘€
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Loving the Incheon Arrivals kit! Probably will buy eventually but I’ll hold off for now. I just wish there was a city/world to go with the clothes now…