Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Season, New Sims! New Kits!

Comments

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    I think the next game pack that should get a refresh is Dine Out as it’s suuuuuuuuuuuper buggy.
    But I think Realm of Magic could benefit from a refresh, even though it’s pretty recent, as I find it lacking. For instance they could add a few more objects (kitchen cabinets ? Decor ?) and a bit more gameplay for instance. The worlds are also very empty, not very lively. Vampires is better IMO.

Not going to lie, was a bit bummed when I saw it was only Kits and "Free Updates" mentioned since I was holding out (cautious) hope for a new occult this year. But then I saw it didn't say Free Basegame updates and it gave me some hope back. Perhaps there will be another Gamepack Update or an expansion that adds a new occult? 🤞

• JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    When Kits Attack!!!
    If the Kits go on sale, then maybe I'll add one to the collection. By then, they'll be plenty to choose from, haha

More thrilled about the updates; it's a like reward for simmers that already own everything else.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    This schedule seemed so weird to me at first. Felt like Sims 4 is ending but they aren’t ready to announce the next Sims game yet. I see kits as leftovers from other packs, so it’s like they’re clearing inventory before closing. But that’s a cynical view and I don’t want to think they’ll end this without giving us cars, generations and more occults.

Customizing our space with color could mean something cool ingame or it could be something totally unrelated to gameplay like a way to customize the UI colors.

The fresh modern build kit being “cultivated” surely has plants being incorporated into the design.

The kaleidoscope is intriguing - makes me dizzy looking at it so maybe spiral stairs are coming in a free update.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I just thought of this, but if these all drop close together they better have the cart feature in Origin is back. I've heard some people have access, but I never have and kit releases make it especially annoying.

(I did contact Origin support and they confirmed the cart feature was unavailable to me.)
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    Is that a bottle of nectar in that image?

I really hope so!!! Nectar making would be great, even if not as deep as in TS3.

Hm... but what are those ducks trying to tell us??? Duck hunting is probably too cruel. Can we keep them for eggs and meat like we can with the c hicken?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    My disapoinment is that people carried on so bad about bust the dust (which I actually like) they have given up on gameplay kits it seems 🥴😔

I was one of those people. Hated the frequency of the dust and the constant inspired moodlet. Even if they have since balanced it out, I'm still keeping it disabled.

These new kits sound nothing to write home about (which is usually the case) but we'll see.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    edited September 2021
    also idk many people have pointed out defying borders and boundaries is probably about cultural wear

so yeah probably one of the three cas kits at least is cultural

but what it sounded like to me is maybe we also get kit on some alternative wear?

because what would defy boundaries though? what would make grandma look at you in terror? are we gonna have punk takeover or something? cause that i would be into :sunglasses:

+many do treat their alternative style as very personal thing like "im not me if i don't look this way"
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    Is that a bottle of nectar in that image?

sure is I think the book is a menu and the tree is an orange tree .
    dine out pack update? @CK213
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 784 Member
    Hopefully we'll get new venues soon.The worlds are STILL severely lacking in venues,and it would be nice to see game arcades,laundromats,drive-in movie theaters, tennis courts, skateboard parks,amusement parks,and multi-purpose community lots before Sims 4 ends.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Mizzila1297Mizzila1297 Posts: 620 Member
    I see a lot on here saying cultivate as a plants pack... I see flowers there, as well as a tree that looks like it's from Build/Buy mode. I wonder if we'll be able to water and weed decor plants like in TS2? That was so much fun!
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    So, do we know when we are going to find out what the new kits are? Are we waiting for a patch on Thursday?
  • xMyrthexMyrthe Posts: 56 Member
    Jeez, remember when TS4 first came out and they showered us with shallow Stuff Packs? People claimed SPs were going to replace the Sims 3 Store. Now, they've really upped their game in regards to the Stuff Packs that come out, and they contain way more gameplay than before.

But now it looks like the kits are replacing ts3 Store. Pretty uninspiring update for me tbh.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    xMyrthe wrote: »
    Jeez, remember when TS4 first came out and they showered us with shallow Stuff Packs? People claimed SPs were going to replace the Sims 3 Store. Now, they've really upped their game in regards to the Stuff Packs that come out, and they contain way more gameplay than before.

But now it looks like the kits are replacing ts3 Store. Pretty uninspiring update for me tbh.

I loved the TS3 store :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited September 2021
    I'd like a CAS kit that is for a specific age range. A good one for me would be for seniors for those who like to play them, as some Simmers don't want Seniors in their games, You could have more male outfits, tattoos and beards, children, young, tween and teenager and so on or country specific.

I thought they advertised four kits. Where are the other two?
  • VeganisinizVeganisiniz Posts: 51 Member

Interesting, so something Korean inspired and and something Indian inspired.
  • VeganisinizVeganisiniz Posts: 51 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

I thought they advertised four kits. Where are the other two?

Possibly coming at a later date, or maybe just yet to be announced.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    edited September 2021
    New screenshots

Fashion Street Kit

m3fbm8b.png

MJTRUzM.png

Incheon Arrivals Kit

lm2sjXQ.png

Wzez79i.png
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
    Are they doing a more concept art style for the kit covers now, or is it just a placeholder? I'm not really a fan if it is a permanent thing.

The Fashion Street kit looks very City Living esque to me. I'm curious to see the pieces in both.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    edited September 2021
    Okay I am confusion
    whos boundaries do these defy...
    I'm sure agnes crumplebottom would still wear these...

well maybe the borders...

I'm not mad, just disappointed...
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    edited September 2021
    elelunicy wrote: »
    New screenshots

Fashion Street Kit

m3fbm8b.png

MJTRUzM.png

Incheon Arrivals Kit

lm2sjXQ.png

Wzez79i.png

The Incheon arrivals kit fashion is bland but I see a hand henna tattoo and nose piercings in the other kit picture. Love the big earrings! 😁

And more sarees. Hope we can apply henna at the spa.
    Okay, there are some really pretty pieces in the Fashion Street kit. It will have to be my fav CAS kit.

I'm torn on Incheon Arrival, though. I understand what they were going for after reading the kit info, and they do look like comfortable pieces I would personally be willing to wear. However, I have a passionate distaste for off whites and very dull colors.