Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Season, New Sims! New Kits!

Comments

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I do buy kits I like and enjoy having more items in my game to help create more variety in my gameplay. But I admit I am disappointed that they are planning four kits and no mention of a stuff or game pack. Four kits costs the same amount as a game pack, and i too was hoping for more occults, especially with Halloween around the corner. I really want werewolves and fairies at least in my game.. I do want to see more well-rounded personalities for my sims that "add dimension to" my sims' lives, so am anxious to see what that all means. Guess just have to be patient and see what the kits will be, though I was really hoping for at least a stuff pack.

The way I see it, Kits are sort of the equivalent of the Sims 3 Store -- sets of items that go together. They probably don't have the longer lead time production-wise that an SP or GP would require, so they can announce them quicker. Pretty sure they're working on more packs but they're not ready to announce them yet.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »
    I can’t believe we’re still not getting a gameplay kit. I’m happy for those who are excited about these kits, but to me they’re just cc that costs money.
    Yeah, not to mention CC creators usually do a better job aswell, and you get a lot more items than the kits. Gameplay is where the devs could really shine as CC creators can't really create new gameplay in the same way. I would buy every single kit on release if they all had gameplay.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,955 Member
    edited September 2021
    also what up with the mandala thing bottle, journal,duck,flower, mini tree i believe came with chinese new year update huh?....

WAIT ITS TWO DUCKS FACE TO FACE ARE THEY ROMANTICALLY INVOLVED okay I'll stop and go to therapy

why does this look so much like it was planned for new year tho with all the NEW and all is it just me

seeing any dragons? @Gordy
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    I want new better hairstyles for all sims. A werewolf costume & other types of costumes. And, new sexy sleepwears.
    For the build mods, new Spiral Stairs & the Heartshape Bed. PLEASE!! :p
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    Are the little brown things passports? It would be cool to have passports/visas that let us decide which worlds specific sims/npcs are allowed to visit. I‘m tired of seeing the Landgrabs everywhere.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    TBH I'm not very interested in "culture" CAS kits and the last 476 packs all delivered modern furniture. What about some Ancient Rome or Renaissance styles?
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,544 Member
    I love the Kits, I just hate patches! I do pray they don't knock my game into outer space again. I need two mods in particular, MCCC and Road to Fame. I can manage without the others. I do enjoy certain cc, too, but so far what I've put back into my game (very gradually) hasn't caused any problems. Quaking in my slippers, I am. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I do buy kits I like and enjoy having more items in my game to help create more variety in my gameplay. But I admit I am disappointed that they are planning four kits and no mention of a stuff or game pack. Four kits costs the same amount as a game pack, and i too was hoping for more occults, especially with Halloween around the corner. I really want werewolves and fairies at least in my game.. I do want to see more well-rounded personalities for my sims that "add dimension to" my sims' lives, so am anxious to see what that all means. Guess just have to be patient and see what the kits will be, though I was really hoping for at least a stuff pack.

they said kits were not gonna effect game packs but it doesn't look like we're getting one this fall
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    Rouensims wrote: »
    I can’t believe we’re still not getting a gameplay kit. I’m happy for those who are excited about these kits, but to me they’re just cc that costs money.
    Yeah, not to mention CC creators usually do a better job aswell, and you get a lot more items than the kits. Gameplay is where the devs could really shine as CC creators can't really create new gameplay in the same way. I would buy every single kit on release if they all had gameplay.

me to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    From the buzzwords they use in the teaser pictures I think the build kit is going to be about gardening and the CAS kits, I think they are going to be about cultural and traditional dressing. I am interested in the free updates.
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I hope you are right, Stilljustme2 and they just aren't announcing any packs just yet. I did buy from the Sims 3 store and enjoyed the content and will probably buy the kits if I like the content. I am always looking for more stuff! I won't complain about kits as long as we are still getting the other packs which provide more gameplay. Just need to be patient and wait and see, which I admit is difficult for me at times. I look forward to more gameplay! :)
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    edited September 2021
    I like the concept of kits (although I haven't liked any enough to buy yet), but my concern is that kits were meant to be released sparingly to lessen the drought between pack releases. So I'm not sure I understand the four kits being advertised here when it doesn't seem we will be getting any packs this season? (The first three were released all at once, but Gurus stated that further kits will be released one at a time).

On another note, the image reminds me of a kaleidoscope. I wonder if there is anything in that?

I'm interested to see what is in store though. :smile:
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    TBH I'm not very interested in "culture" CAS kits and the last 476 packs all delivered modern furniture. What about some Ancient Rome or Renaissance styles?

Totally agree about the modern furniture. It's as if no other style of decor exists. We did get some Moroccan style, but not enough. Where the heck is the art deco furniture? or any style before 1950? I am so bored with the furniture.
  • Mizzila1297Mizzila1297 Posts: 620 Member
    Not going to lie, was a bit bummed when I saw it was only Kits and "Free Updates" mentioned since I was holding out (cautious) hope for a new occult this year. But then I saw it didn't say Free Basegame updates and it gave me some hope back. Perhaps there will be another Gamepack Update or an expansion that adds a new occult? 🤞

What if a realm of magic refresh added fairies? Very wishful thinking, but not impossible!
  • MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    I'll take a shot at this.

"Looks that defy borders and boundaries with three global fit kits" sounds to me like they're planning to release some CAS looks that are inspired by traditional styles of dress from around the world.

"Cultivate your modern sanctuary with a fresh new build kit" makes me think of a build kit featuring new plantscapes that might create a peaceful, mindful mood. That would fit well with the Spa Day refresh.

"Free updates that add dimension to your Sims' lives" might be new Traits or Aspirations. (I'd personally like to see a Trait along the lines of Shy, Quiet, or Introverted. Loner doesn't quite capture the same quality.)

"...customize your space with color" could have been a color wheel, but didn't another tweet say that wouldn't be coming? Or did I read that wrong?

"unlock new ways to play" sounds like it could be new base game Careers.

I'm just spitballing here. What do you think?
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited September 2021

The way I see it, Kits are sort of the equivalent of the Sims 3 Store -- sets of items that go together. They probably don't have the longer lead time production-wise that an SP or GP would require, so they can announce them quicker. Pretty sure they're working on more packs but they're not ready to announce them yet.

They are calling this a new season so I don't think we will see a new pack for at least two months. It's pretty disappointing for people like me that had hoped for a pack to play during fall. Kits don't have enough gameplay for me. I can only hope that this free update will do something interesting.
  • PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    I like more realistic gameplay like Parenthood. I loved the Sims 3 Pack where teenagers learned to drive and had at least a rabbithole prom. Wish we could have even cars which drove out and in, even if we couldn't follow them. I loved the working garages!

I even liked where you went to and from work in better cars as you advanced.
    Helicopter, anyone? Lol.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    Is that a bottle of nectar in that image?
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    BODY HAIR KIT??

GIVE ME TWENTY .

a63ftuN.png
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,020 Member
    On another note, the image reminds me of a kaleidoscope. I wonder if there is anything in that?
    When I think of kaleidoscopes, the second thing I think about is X-Men. Superhero occults confirmed.

On to the image itself. Let's see how we can connect them to dragons.
    • Flower boxes and putted plants. Dragons would eat your flowers and plants in the Sims 1.
    • Ducks. In another thread, I pointed out how three duck circles in a neighborhood's water could be a hint at dragons. Also, ducks have two wings, like dragons. They also start with a D, like dragons.
    • The woman's outfit corresponds to dragon colors: Red (Burnie, TS1), Black (Black dragons, TS3), Yellow/Gold (Pyritie, TS1; Sun Dragon, FreePlay), White (Snow Dragon, FreePlay)
    • Books. Fairy tales = Dragons, it's a no-brainer.
    • Nectar bottle. Makin' Magic, the pack that introduced dragons to the franchise, also introduced nectar and nectar-making.

TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    I like kits as I don’t use CC, so I’m really excited to see what they will be. I hope they still have a GP and EP planned for later this year too.

For update, I would like to see real babies, a costume category in clothes, and a wedding outfit category in clothes. I’d also like to see children updated to be able to play with each other without toys.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I’m disappointed, I thought we’d get an EP in November and a GP maybe.

EA, we want Generations and cars, just give us that !!!!!

As for the “customize your space with color” I think it might be a base game swatch update which is long overdue. I mean many of the basegame bookshelves for instance don’t even have a plain white swatch.

The kits sound like clothing from all over the world or something.
  • chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    From the buzzwords they use in the teaser pictures I think the build kit is going to be about gardening and the CAS kits, I think they are going to be about cultural and traditional dressing. I am interested in the free updates.

I'm a little sus about the unannounced Morroccan outfits that were announced with no mention in the patch notes. Perhaps they were initially going to create a cultural update in a patch but decided to pad these out into kits? Tbh I was used to the Sims 3 store doing this so I'm ok with more CAS kits.

Yeah I thought the same with the "sanctuary" stuff. I guess it could also be reference to something like a study or "man cave"?
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I’m disappointed, I thought we’d get an EP in November and a GP maybe.

EA, we want Generations and cars, just give us that !!!!!

As for the “customize your space with color” I think it might be a base game swatch update which is long overdue. I mean many of the basegame bookshelves for instance don’t even have a plain white swatch.

The kits sound like clothing from all over the world or something.

Let's hope they just didn't include the EP but are still planning on one.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,668 Member
    How do we know for sure that these kits only bring CAS and BB and no gameplay? They could include new CAS categories or features also slightly affecting the game. I won't get a pure clothing kit, because my CAS is already more than full, and I'd rather see improvement to CAS itself, than more content (unless it's something totally new, of course). I don't think each kit needs to appeal to each and everyone tough, and I'm fine with that.

Also, I hope for a bigger pack this Fall. They will definitely release something a tad more costly than a kit before Christmas.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg